1384 users online (247 members and 1137 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 342
  1. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    I think the time stamp has to be from evidence that directly links CWW to the crime, not from something like when TS was last seen. They must have a very specific timeline (even if it's partly conjecture) for the crime in order to prosecute.

    Maybe the time is not TOD, but time when they broke into the house.
    Good possibility.

    Initial crime, aside from conspiracy, would have been breaking in to the house.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Possibility?

    The killers were in the garage when she arrived home. She entered the house and began arming the security system but was attacked before completing. Time stamp could have come from that?
    I think, just based off reports from the family, that the alarm was off on the 28th and never 'armed' until probably after the unidentified Dr. found TS. If this is true, TS didn't have a chance to arm the system to create a timestamp. But, perhaps it is possible that she entered a single digit into the panel and was interrupted. Maybe the system logs any input whatsoever with a timestamp.

  3. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    I think, just based off reports from the family, that the alarm was off on the 28th and never 'armed' until probably after the unidentified Dr. found TS. If this is true, TS didn't have a chance to arm the system to create a timestamp. But, perhaps it is possible that she entered a single digit into the panel and was interrupted. Maybe the system logs any input whatsoever with a timestamp.
    That's what I was trying to say. Guess I wasn't very clear about it.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    FLORIDA NATIVE
    Posts
    2,191

    TOD is not on Probable Cause Statement

    LCSO ARREST/NOTICE TO APPEAR - Page 2 is PROBABLE CAUSE STATEMENT

    Nothing stated about Time Of Death.

    This is what is listed on PROBABLE CAUSE STATEMENT:
    The undersigned certifies and swears that he/she has just and reasonable grounds to believe that the above named Defendant committed the following violation of law: MURDER DANGEROUS DEPRAVED WO PREMEDITATION
    On the 28 day of June at 2319 P.M.

    Also note: there is no year listed for the ‘violation of law’…. Just day, month, time.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Possibility?

    The killers were in the garage when she arrived home. She entered the house and began arming the security system but was attacked before completing. Time stamp could have come from that?
    SCOUT I have a thought on the time..(oh this is so sad to state or question but) But, the exact time could be explained by a watch or cell phone being smashed by a hammer....think about having a cell phone in your hands and trying to call 911, or a watch on your wrist as you would naturally and instinctively raise your arm and hand to protect your face ior to fend off blows???

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    * Teresa drove herself home in the blue van.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post12032287
    Duntulum, our unverified poster stated she drove herself home. But, what if that is what she believed and not what turns out to be fact? Unless I hear it from SMS or other LE on the case, I need to leave this open. She likely did drive herself home because it would not be smart for the murder to take place at the airport, and we also have not heard anything about evidence of a crime occurring at the airport, and although we cannot be sure the cause of death was a hammer, we have heard reliable info stating the murder was brutal. If so, it would be riskier and more likely leave evidence at the scene if it occurred at the airport. Still, I will defer as to place until I hear more facts.
    Last edited by KateB; 10-15-2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: edit quoted post.
    When you see a cloud with no silver lining, paint your own.

  7. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by IQuestion View Post
    SCOUT I have a thought on the time..(oh this is so sad to state or question but) But, the exact time could be explained by a watch or cell phone being smashed by a hammer....think about having a cell phone in your hands and trying to call 911, or a watch on your wrist as you would naturally and instinctively raise your arm and hand to protect your face ior to fend off blows???
    Possibly.

    I'm also wondering about the call that Teresa allegedly made to Mark. Recall that it was stated at her memorial service that she prayed bedtime prayer with the girls during that call. Wonder if investigators have confirmed that with the girls.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sunny SW Florida - Lehigh Acres
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by SeesSeas View Post
    LCSO ARREST/NOTICE TO APPEAR - Page 2 is PROBABLE CAUSE STATEMENT

    Nothing stated about Time Of Death.

    This is what is listed on PROBABLE CAUSE STATEMENT:
    The undersigned certifies and swears that he/she has just and reasonable grounds to believe that the above named Defendant committed the following violation of law: MURDER DANGEROUS DEPRAVED WO PREMEDITATION
    On the 28 day of June at 2319 P.M.

    Also note: there is no year listed for the ‘violation of law’…. Just day, month, time.
    The time of death is noted on page 2 (at the top) as 2319 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,518
    It has frequently come up on WS in missing persons cases, that the date of death is often recorded the day a body is found even if it is days/weeks/months of the disappearance. It seems to be protocol for many (or most/all?) jurisdictions. Could the same concept hold true in a case like this? Time of death is called at the last verifiable signs of life from TS (likely electronic such as exiting airport garage, entering her home, or her phone being smashed.....or even her last call/text)? I do believe she was killed very quickly upon entering her home, which makes it very difficult to believe it was not pre-meditated. But, as someone has said on another thread, they may just be waiting for the grand jury to upgrade the charges.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Possibly.

    I'm also wondering about the call that Teresa allegedly made to Mark. Recall that it was stated at her memorial service that she prayed bedtime prayer with the girls during that call. Wonder if investigators have confirmed that with the girls.
    I hadn't read that before -- that actually helps explain why she might have called from the tarmac just as the plane was landing. I would assume that if, per the unverified family member, the family is split on MS' involvement and have spoken to the girls, then that call is probably corroborated.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Southwest Florida (former Midwesterner)
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    Not trying to split hairs, since I do believe the 11:19PM time is important, however, the time may not be the official TOD. Just my two cents after seeing this doc. Thanks NIN!

    IMO, 11:19PM could be the timestamp on some type of evidence (cell phone data, security cam footage) that LE referenced in the arrest warrant, perhaps in the probable cause affidavit. Maybe the crime began at 11:19. For example if TS left the airport at 11:19 and they followed, or otherwise set out to Jarvis or arrived at 11:19PM with a criminal purpose. My best guess is traffic cameras produced the 11:19PM timestamp. But then again, I don't know if its common for TOD to be so specific. Would an ME be able to determine TOD down to the minute?
    Or, a watch that TS wore that was hit by the hammer, which caused the time to stop at that time but did not totally destroy the hands on the watch.

  12. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaEclipse View Post
    I hadn't read that before -- that actually helps explain why she might have called from the tarmac just as the plane was landing. I would assume that if, per the unverified family member, the family is split on MS' involvement and have spoken to the girls, then that call is probably corroborated.
    Pretty late bedtime for children that age.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    768
    The TOD is very specific and not approximately 11-11:30 or between 10pm and 12am. I wonder why they believe the murder happened at such a specific time. Is there a witness to something? Was Dr. Teresa wearing a watch or was she carrying her cell that stopped at 11:19pm? In any event, I see this as a good sign that the TOD appears to have been narrowed down so precisely.
    Last edited by KateB; 10-15-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: removed quoted post.
    When you see a cloud with no silver lining, paint your own.

  14. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaEclipse View Post
    I hadn't read that before -- that actually helps explain why she might have called from the tarmac just as the plane was landing. I would assume that if, per the unverified family member, the family is split on MS' involvement and have spoken to the girls, then that call is probably corroborated.
    We don't know which family they were staying with. Mark has family up there, too.

  15. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by relay View Post
    The TOD is very specific and not approximately 11-11:30 or between 10pm and 12am. I wonder why they believe the murder happened at such a specific time. Is there a witness to something? Was Dr. Teresa wearing a watch that stopped at 11:19pm? In any event, I see this as a good sign that the TOD appears to have been narrowed down so precisely.
    As stated by someone else, the time may pertain to the time of the break-in. The break-in would legally be considered part of the crime. Breaking in and waiting for her to arrive would constitute Lying in Wait special circumstance.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 04:24 PM
  2. Justin Ross Harris probable cause hearing; 3 July 2014
    By nursebeeme in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 1638
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 05:01 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Tags for this Thread