1432 users online (327 members and 1105 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Zoo dolphins rescued

In an “unheard of” rescue operation, eight dolphins that were swept out of their oceanarium by Hurricane Katrina have been rediscovered hundreds of yards out at sea where trainers are tracking, feeding and caring for them.

“To find all eight of them on your doorstep is just unheard of,” said Moby Solangi, president of the Marine Life Oceanarium in Gulfport. “When we first saw them, they were really starving. When they saw their trainers, they were absolutely flipping.”

The eight Atlantic bottlenose dolphins were swept out of their tank by the storm surge from Katrina, which then destroyed the oceanarium.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9343538
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Hi mysteriew we have a new forum for good news stories uplifting, inspiring, warm & fuzzy... this is a story that is posted there

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    “When we first saw them, they were really starving. When they saw their trainers, they were absolutely flipping.”
    OMG how cool!! Thank you so much for posting this, mysterview. I'm an animal lover, and I was so worried about these dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    In an “unheard of” rescue operation, eight dolphins that were swept out of their oceanarium by Hurricane Katrina have been rediscovered hundreds of yards out at sea where trainers are tracking, feeding and caring for them.

“To find all eight of them on your doorstep is just unheard of,” said Moby Solangi, president of the Marine Life Oceanarium in Gulfport. “When we first saw them, they were really starving. When they saw their trainers, they were absolutely flipping.”

The eight Atlantic bottlenose dolphins were swept out of their tank by the storm surge from Katrina, which then destroyed the oceanarium.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9343538
    Oh wow! what a great story!

I just love dolphins. I'm hoping to swim with them someday.

Does anyone else see the irony of "rescuing" them from the ocean so they can be returned to captivity?

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    I just love dolphins. I'm hoping to swim with them someday.
    We did that! They are so big!!!!!!! Very intellegint creatures. They did all these neat tricks and stuff. It was so awesome. Then begged for a treat of course. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by sandraladeda
    Does anyone else see the irony of "rescuing" them from the ocean so they can be returned to captivity?
    No I don't, it's been stated that they would have starved to death or been attached by sharks as they are domesticated and have no survival skills.

I'm so happy they're now safe!

Praise the Lord!

JACKSON, Miss. - Marine biologists have rescued the last four of eight trained dolphins that were swept to sea by Hurricane Katrina.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I saw the clip earlier of the trainers just playing with them and stating how remarkable it was that they all stayed together. Good news.