Zoo dolphins rescued

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
In an “unheard of” rescue operation, eight dolphins that were swept out of their oceanarium by Hurricane Katrina have been rediscovered hundreds of yards out at sea where trainers are tracking, feeding and caring for them.

“To find all eight of them on your doorstep is just unheard of,” said Moby Solangi, president of the Marine Life Oceanarium in Gulfport. “When we first saw them, they were really starving. When they saw their trainers, they were absolutely flipping.”

The eight Atlantic bottlenose dolphins were swept out of their tank by the storm surge from Katrina, which then destroyed the oceanarium.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9343538

mysteriew said:
“When we first saw them, they were really starving. When they saw their trainers, they were absolutely flipping.”
OMG how cool!! Thank you so much for posting this, mysterview. I'm an animal lover, and I was so worried about these dolphins.

mysteriew said:
In an “unheard of” rescue operation, eight dolphins that were swept out of their oceanarium by Hurricane Katrina have been rediscovered hundreds of yards out at sea where trainers are tracking, feeding and caring for them.

“To find all eight of them on your doorstep is just unheard of,” said Moby Solangi, president of the Marine Life Oceanarium in Gulfport. “When we first saw them, they were really starving. When they saw their trainers, they were absolutely flipping.”

The eight Atlantic bottlenose dolphins were swept out of their tank by the storm surge from Katrina, which then destroyed the oceanarium.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9343538
Oh wow! what a great story!

:waitasec: Does anyone else see the irony of "rescuing" them from the ocean so they can be returned to captivity?

kato said:
I just love dolphins. I'm hoping to swim with them someday.
We did that! They are so big!!!!!!! Very intellegint creatures. They did all these neat tricks and stuff. It was so awesome.:) Then begged for a treat of course. LOL!

sandraladeda said:
:waitasec: Does anyone else see the irony of "rescuing" them from the ocean so they can be returned to captivity?
No I don't, it's been stated that they would have starved to death or been attached by sharks as they are domesticated and have no survival skills.

I'm so happy they're now safe!

JACKSON, Miss. - Marine biologists have rescued the last four of eight trained dolphins that were swept to sea by Hurricane Katrina.

I saw the clip earlier of the trainers just playing with them and stating how remarkable it was that they all stayed together. Good news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back