1069 users online (160 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WI - Carrie Jopek, 13, buried under neighbor's porch, Milwaukee, 16 March 1982

"MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee cold case is heating up. After more than 30 years, a possible confession is made involving the death and disappearance of a 13-year-old girl.

Carrie Ann Jopek

In September 1983, police earthed the body of Carrie Ann Jopek, buried underneath a neighbor's back porch. As the remains were dug up, trauma came to light.

"I verified her clothing her torn jacket on the side which I sewed," said Carolyn Tousignant.

A devastating identification by Tousignant. The discovery was her 13-year-old daughter who went missing a year-and-a-half earlier -- on March 16, 1982. After being suspended from school, Carrie Ann Jopek never made it to her home a block away.

Decades later, Tousignant is learning what may have happened to her beloved teen".

http://www.wisn.com/news/cold-case-c...icide/35807396

"Monday, WISN 12 news shared details of a call to the newsroom from a man who said he'd lived across the street from Carrie Ann and went to a party with her the night she died. He said she fell and broke her neck. He said he had sex with her because he thought she was unconscious. When he realized she was dead, he buried her.

“Oh, my God,” Tousignant said. “He always said that she was haunting him.”

Tousignant knows the man as Junior. He's now 50 years old and once told her he and some friends were with Carrie Ann when she hit her head and died, but he wouldn't tell police.

“They were drinking, they were all drinking Yukon Jack and smoking weed,” Tousignant said. ”They got scared, so they grabbed a dry cleaning bag, wrapped her up in that and dug a hole under the porch and buried her.”

WISN 12 News contacted police after the man's call but aren't naming him because he hasn't been charged. Police confirmed he is in custody on the preliminary charge of homicide."

The suspect had apparently commented to the victim's Mother, that Carrie Ann had been haunting him since she went
    missing, wondering, since his confession, if he still feels she is haunting him? imo.

jopek3.jpg

"Tousignant says she knows the suspect -- and the two have exchanged words.

"The year that she was missing he told me that she was haunting him," said Tousignant.

Now, all she has to say to him is...

"Face the music for what he did to her I would like him in jail for it," said Tousignant.

Tousignant says although she is feeling relieved that someone is in custody, she still isn't sure if the story he gave is the truth -- and the death was really an accident."

http://fox6now.com/2015/10/13/cold-c...ilwaukee-girl/

I hope they have some evidence that can prove that he is guilty.
    Maybe locate the friends who in all this time have never said a word.
    Maybe there was no friends, just him.
    I don't know why I have doubts, but I keep thinking of John Mark Karr and his confession.

Wow. So crazy after all this time.

"The case went quiet until someone repairing an old deck came across the girl's body 17 months after her disappearance.

"She spent two of her birthdays underneath that porch," Tousignant said.

Ferreira was a teenager when Jopek died. He is now 50 years old, and it's not clear why he chose to call the TV station.

He appeared in court Saturday, Milwaukee police spokesman Tim Gauerke confirmed via email. Ferreira's attorney, Melissa Nepomiachi, didn't return a message from The Associated Press seeking comment Sunday.

Ferreira remains in custody in Milwaukee County Jail.

"I never put it out of my mind," said Tousignant. "Every time I watch 'Cold Case'" or some other detective show, I would hope and pray one of these days we get the person who did that to Carrie."

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articl...-of-young-teen

I don't buy the story of him pushing her and falling down the stairs and hitting her head.Makes it more like an accident.I think he planned on having sex with her if she wanted to or not.Then when she refused he attacked her putting her in a choke hold and broke her neck. I mean c'mon he could not tell she had a broken neck when he was having sex with her? And if it was an accident why would he not get help for her?He is trying to minimize his crime.At least there is some satisfaction in that Carrie Ann haunted him all these years,I hope all victims that do not get justice haunt their killers every waking hour and in their dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    I don't know why I have doubts, but I keep thinking of John Mark Karr and his confession.
    This is completely different from John Mark Karr.
    Just my opinion

Most recent story from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/m...334078271.html

Link to the criminal complaint: http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/c...334115121.html

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    I thought the same thing. That must be why LE haven't charged him with anything yet - trying to rule out a false confession.

Quote Originally Posted by RLynne View Post
    Most recent story from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/m...334078271.html

Link to the criminal complaint: http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/c...334115121.html
    From the criminal complaint...

2ND-DEGREE MURDER/FELONY COMMISSION - PTAC, AS A PARTY TO A
    CRIME

The defendant’s brother Angel told the defendant not to tell anyone what the
    defendant had done, and so the defendant denied any knowledge or involvement in Carrie’s
    death to the police when questioned.
    I think I see another arrest coming...
    Last edited by pleasestandby; 10-20-2015 at 03:54 PM.

There was a missing girl and nobody thought to look under the porch?

Suspect in Milwaukee cold case murder pleads not guilty
    Posted: Oct 27, 2015 4:17 PM CST
    Updated: Oct 27, 2015 4:17 PM CST

MILWAUKEE (WKOW) -- A man accused of murdering a young Milwaukee girl more than three decades ago pleaded not guilty Tuesday to second-degree murder and waived his preliminary hearing.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Trial begins for Jose Ferreira, accused in 1982 death of Carrie Ann Jopek

http://fox6now.com/2017/01/17/trial-...rie-ann-jopek/

A jury trial begins Tuesday, January 17th for Jose Ferreira — charged in connection with the disappearance and death of a seventh-grade girl who went missing back in 1982.
    Trial could finally start in girl's 1982 killing
    Last edited by JusticeWillBeServed; 01-17-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Kudos to his wife for doing the right thing by calling LE.
    http://fox6now.com/2017/01/17/trial-...rie-ann-jopek/

Jose Ferreira

MILWAUKEE — On the day his jury trial was set to begin, Jose Ferreira, charged in connection with the disappearance and death of a seventh-grade girl who went missing back in 1982 reached a plea deal in the case against him — avoiding trial.

Ferreira on Tuesday, January 17th agreed to plead GUILTY to amended charges — attempted second degree sexual assault/use of force, as party to a crime, and false imprisonment, as party to a crime.
    Prosecutors say 33 years after Jopek’s death, Ferreira confessed to his wife, who contacted police.
    rbbm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast