1145 users online (252 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem UP10722, 15-17, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

NamUs UP # 10722 https://identifyus.org/cases/10722

Unidentified Female (Race Unsure)

Found on October 16, 2012 at 12755 Walters Road, Houston TX 77014

Vital Statistics
    Approx Age: 15 - 17 years
    Height (inches) 61, Estimated
    Hair: Dark Brown, Wavy to curly, approximately shoulder length
    Skeletal findings: small build, bone slightly osteopenic, malformation of skull base that could represent a pathologic process.

Clothing and Accessories
    Blue-green short sleeve t-shirt (no size) . Smurfette on front with daisy and the words, "He smurfs me, he smurfs me not". Tan cargo pants, size 5. Black bra (34C), pink thong underwear, bobby pin in hair.

Body Condition:
    Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton - The left hand and left foot are absent, likely due to carnivore scavenging
    Estimated postmortem interval 3 Weeks

Circumstances
    The body was discovered adjacent to a gated driveway approximately 20-25 feet from the side of Walters Road.

Identifiers:
    Fingerprints: Not available due to decomposition.
    Dentals: Available
    Comments
    The crowns of teeth 3 and 14 have been destroyed by caries and the alveoli show signs of associated infection. The base of the crown and the roots are in situ. Teeth 1-2, 16-17, and 32 have been removed and the alveoli healed or the teeth did not develop.
    DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted

Thread #1
    Last edited by KateB; 10-17-2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: add link to thread #1.

I asked if we were confident with the age range and got this response:

I believe that she must be at least 14 and she is not over 24. But 15-17 is a pretty good bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post

Just talked to Dr.Derrick:

"I was just in the act of emailing you. Our office did not release the approximation – it was released by the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. When viewing the approximation, please concentrate on the mid-face. The teeth are not as perfect as they appear and the hair is too light and not curly enough. The approximation also makes her look older than she is."
    Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

Looks like NCMEC released the sketch, I haven't heard that it is complete so there could be changes made.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

CarlK I tried an tried to add the photo. However the iPhone is being stubborn, f it's not too much trouble could you add it?? Thanks!!

I feel like this sketch just opened a boat load of opportunities

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssav View Post
    CarlK I tried an tried to add the photo. However the iPhone is being stubborn, f it's not too much trouble could you add it??

Eternally optimistic!

Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

I was looking at the generic looking NCMEC CT-scan recon of Smurfette, and decided to liven her up a little bit.

(Note that this facial reconstruction is based on the NCMEC reconstruction (above left) that was created from a CT-Scan image of her skull. This is only an estimations of how she might have looked in life. Details such as her overall look, and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

Today marks the third-year anniversary of Smurfette's body being found. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her all day. I swear this girl haunts me.

I made a FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/Identify-Sm...2089777593140/
    I'm still in the process of setting it up, but I think it's looking pretty good so far. Does anyone have any suggestions? I very rarely use FaceBook, so there might be some features and stuff that I'm missing.

Lyssav, any word of a possible first name?
    Sumter County's Mystery Couple - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    Lyssav, any word of a possible first name?
    Since the name was never confirmed I can go ahead and share. Sounds like they got a call from someone who believed they may have been an accquiantence of Smurfette, they gave the name "Briana" since it was never confirmed one can only assume it was an alias Smurfette used, or this accquiantence was wrong and didn't actually know Smurfette..or the name could sound similar to "Briana" but is not exact. There was only one Briana in namus to compare, and she was ruled out as she had been found safe.

Still think about Smurfette constantly❤️

Since the name was never confirmed I can go ahead and share. Sounds like they got a call from someone who believed they may have been an accquiantence of Smurfette, they gave the name "Briana" since it was never confirmed one can only assume it was an alias Smurfette used, or this accquiantence was wrong and didn't actually know Smurfette..or the name could sound similar to "Briana" but is not exact. There was only one Briana in namus to compare, and she was ruled out as she had been found safe.

Still think about Smurfette constantly❤️
    Maybe "Briana" was never reported missing? Or she could have been wrong. I'm curious to hear about more elaborate details.

There arent really too many details, other than what is all over the first hundred-or so pages of the original thread. I know I've always stuck by Dr. D concerning the age of smurfette, but I'm beginning to think she could be a bit older than 17, which could be why there isn't a missing persons report that corresponds with this case

OK--really off topic. That summer '12, I went to the Belgian Comic Strip Center in Brussels (which is such a nice city BTW) and went to see the Smurfs section, that's where Smurfs were invented. It really shocked me to think that right about two months before this girl wearing a Smurfette shirt died, I was in the Smurfs museum, and she didn't know she was going to die so soon. It is so horrible!

I agree, Lyssav, that it seems she could be over 17. Since the days of Marilee Bruszer's death, technology has gotten better but it is not without its flaws.

Estefani Castro missing since June 25, 2008 from Los Angeles County, CA at the age of 15. Added to namus August 17, 2015. No DNA available. Dental are available and will be entered later(I have submitted to Dr. D)64inches tall 125lbs. Hair color and curls are spot on!!!!

image.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29871/6/

ETA: not sure if she has been mentioned on the first thread

Estefani Castro missing since June 25, 2008 from Los Angeles County, CA at the age of 15. Added to namus August 17, 2015. No DNA available. Dental are available and will be entered later(I have submitted to Dr. D)64inches tall 125lbs. Hair color and curls are spot on!!!!

image.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29871/6/

ETA: not sure if she has been mentioned on the first thread
    Looks like a great submit to me, Lyssav!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast