1365 users online (228 members and 1137 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenoser View Post
    I keep getting them today too. Seems only on this website though. I've been trying to get rid of it all day. I'm on my work computer. Not sure if it will do the same on my home computer yet or not. I'll follow up later.
    I was getting numerous pop ups here.I use Google Chrome.I had to install Malware Bytes.I had never had this problem before.This is the only site that does it too.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Microsoft Edge The recommended browser for Windows 10. DH installed Edge on my desk top when we got home from vacation last weekend. It took a little getting used to, but I've had absolutely no issues on Websleuths with the new browser.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Anyone else getting this? http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/showad.js

It appears randomly as a blank white page and disrupts whatever I'm looking at on Websleuths. Has been happening several times daily for about a week.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Anyone else getting this? http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/showad.js

It appears randomly as a blank white page and disrupts whatever I'm looking at on Websleuths. Has been happening several times daily for about a week.
    First, let me reiterate Websleuths does not, nor have we ever, had popup ads.

BDE as far as this big white page I haven't seen it before nor have I heard anyone complain. I'll get with Dave and see what this is about.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Just had the blank white page again (third time today). http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/showad.js

deleting cookies worked for me.

I'm getting the leave/stay popup on this site. I've cleared cookies, reset the browser, used malarebytes and roguekiller. It just started happening about a week ago. Any ideas?
    My posts are my opinion, protected under the Freedom of Speech Amendment

I get pop-up ads every day, telling me I've won something. Like Betty Davis Eyes, there's are zero issues on Websleuths when I'm not logged in, but as soon as I log in WS loads very slowly, freezes constantly and doesn't type correctly when I try to post. It's constantly freezing and reloading mid-post, so I have to start all over again. I clear cookies and cache all the time, but this problem persists. I'm mostly on my iPhone using Safari, but it does the same exact thing (slow loading, freezing, typing issues) on our desktop whether I use i.e., chrome or Firefox. I KNOW it's not a device or server issue because it doesn't happen on any other site when I use my phone or desktop. Only only Websleuths.
    Last edited by missgulfsouth; 06-17-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by missgulfsouth View Post
    I get pop-up ads every day, telling me I've won something. Like Betty Davis Eyes, there's are zero issues on Websleuths when I'm not logged in, but as soon as I log in WS loads very slowly, freezes constantly and doesn't type correctly when I try to post. It's constantly freezing and reloading mid-post, so I have to start all over again. I clear cookies and cache all the time, but this problem persists. I'm mostly on my iPhone using Safari, but it does the same exact thing (slow loading, freezing, typing issues) on our desktop whether I use i.e., chrome or Firefox. I KNOW it's not a device or server issue because it doesn't happen on any other site when I use my phone or desktop. Only only Websleuths.
    IPad and Safari, It is awful. Everything you said

I won't try the iPad again for WS due to that "You've Won" takeover.

This morning after my "you've WON!" notice, I closed the iPad WiFi connection, then re-opened Safari & was able to close the tab.

For me on a Windows laptop, the page jumping is tied to the video travel ads, such as No Hassle at Prague Castle. However, this is much, mch improved after reporting on the Site SLuggishness thread.

Hope this helps someone, I do believe that our WebSLeuths site managers are working to fix any problem we report, they just need enough information from us to define the problem before they can identify & explain the solution.

I've been having this problem, too, except I'm redirected to a "you've won" gift card scam and can't exit the pg. without another full screen ad taking it's place ... and then another. The popups won't let me get back to Websleuths no matter what I do, so I've just about given up. :{ *h*e*l*p*!

I'm on safari/iPad. For the past few weeks this has been happening dIly when i come to WS first thing in the morning. I have to close out theoage and start over to get rid of it. It's only on WS.i also can't edit and have delayed typing going on.

Happening to me too. On a tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by OverthinksIt View Post
    I've been having this problem, too, except I'm redirected to a "you've won" gift card scam and can't exit the pg. without another full screen ad taking it's place ... and then another. The popups won't let me get back to Websleuths no matter what I do, so I've just about given up. :{ *h*e*l*p*!
    This is happening to me almost every time i log onto WS.

The ad saying I have won is happening to me constantly, but only on WS. I am always on an iPad using Safari. I can do nothing other than close out the page and start over. I have posted about this in two other help threads here (with a screen shot) but have seen no response.

The only way I can work around this is to use an ad-blocker, which I realize WS would prefer we not do.

My other posts about "you have won" were
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post13439707

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post13445646
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast