1146 users online (253 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I have gotten at least 15 'Congratulations....you have won...' today trying to follow the Bella Bond trial on here. This started about a week ago on my iPad & phone. I see others have complained about this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    The ad saying I have won is happening to me constantly, but only on WS. I am always on an iPad using Safari. I can do nothing other than close out the page and start over. I have posted about this in two other help threads here (with a screen shot) but have seen no response.

The only way I can work around this is to use an ad-blocker, which I realize WS would prefer we not do.

My other posts about "you have won" were
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post13439707

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post13445646
    Happening to me constantly also! It's very very annoying. There is no way to navigate away from the page when it happens. I had ******* installed but I had removed it awhile back because I felt bad knowing WS needs those ads for revenue. I am about to reinstall it though as that pop up makes the site virtually unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by OverthinksIt View Post
    I've been having this problem, too, except I'm redirected to a "you've won" gift card scam and can't exit the pg. without another full screen ad taking it's place ... and then another. The popups won't let me get back to Websleuths no matter what I do, so I've just about given up. :{ *h*e*l*p*!
    Same when I am on my Kindle. Have to close the site and start over.
    No problems on computer because I have ad blockers.
    Thanks for everyone's responses. Going to try some of the fixes suggested.

Holding my breath. Waiting for the next hijack. I was trying to insert screen shots to report it etc, but kept getting redirected. did everything, cleared history, cache, reset router... On ipad, happened at 9:53 on this forum when clicking to start a new thread on forum finesse front page. Finally gave up. Only happens on WS. Today is the worst day ever for them for me.

Eta, my thanks dont work either so all my fellow redirect sufferers consider yourself thanked.
    Last edited by mahoolin; 06-20-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    “A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

I have alerted to this recent problem with the hope it will get the attention of the proper person to help us.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

I have alerted to this recent problem with the hope it will get the attention of the proper person to help us.
    Thank you Spellbound! I hope someone fixes this!

I'm still being Congratulated today...geez, I wish this was because I won the lottery and not because of an internet hijack!

Just a reminder that it helps most if you post what apparatus and browser you are using when this happens. (iPad, iPhone, laptop, PC, etc.) ( Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrime, etc. )
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017

Just a reminder that it helps most if you post what apparatus and browser you are using when this happens. (iPad, iPhone, laptop, PC, etc.) ( Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrime, etc. )
    I get the pop up on both my phone and my Kindle. My phone is an LG. I use Chrome 59 on both of these devices. ( I don't get the pop up when I am using my laptop. I use Firefox on the laptop).

iPad .......safari".........boom...yeah, I get them constantly!
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Quote Originally Posted by melissasmom View Post
    I get the pop up on both my phone and my Kindle. My phone is an LG. I use Chrome 59 on both of these devices. ( I don't get the pop up when I am using my laptop. I use Firefox on the laptop).
    I never get them on my PC (Firefox browser), only on my iPads that I use almost exclusively.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

I got it yesterday and today using my iPhone/Safari. Woohoo, I won a gift card from Cox.

I'm really tired of "winning" things (malware,viruses?) here. And something called apismall is taking over my phone on WS now. These aren't ads, they are spam and it's so annoying.
    Last edited by missgulfsouth; 06-21-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by missgulfsouth View Post
    I'm really tired of "winning" things (malware,viruses?) here. And something called apismall is taking over my phone on WS now.
    Same with me. It says 'page not found' from an 'apismall' weblink

I just got two in a row. had two threads open, and they both jumped to these obnoxious takeover ads. IPadPro using Safari.

Attached Images Attached Images
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast