GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

RT51

Reaction score
http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/34983433-story

Both the Bradenton Police Department and the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office are concerned about her safety.1

When police went to her home, they say her mother wouldn’t answer questions about the girl’s whereabouts.6

Keishanna Thomas was taken into custody for Contempt of Court.

------------------------------------------------------------
tlcya edited to add:

Incident Report #2015-PDFS-55368
Probable Cause & Arrest Warrant dated 10/22/15

If someone can load her picture from the story, that would be great. Not too tech savy here.

Thank you RT51 for starting a thread. Here is a MSM article with more information. According to the police statements in this article , Janiya has not been seen in months, has not been in school. Four other children were removed from the home and the mother has a record of prostitution.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article39620562.html

This breaks my heart....I can't bear these situations.

She hasn't been seen in months?!?! What the heck? :(

OMG. I hope she didn't sell her to one of her pimps or clients. :praying:

Such a sweet sensitive face. My heart is breaking...

Omg Where is this sweet little girl?

So far as I can tell she's only been arrested for contempt of court for not answering questions about Janiya. If that's what the post is talking about it's in the first link.
Is there another link where she's been arrested for something more?

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article39620562.html

Bradenton mother arrested as officials seek missing daughter, 11

BRADENTON -- Investigators are searching for an 11-year-old girl who has not been seen in months, according to the Bradenton Police Department.

Janiya Thomas was not in her mother's apartment in the West Bradenton apartment complex Village at Cortez, 4880 51st St. W., when the Manatee County Sheriff's Office Child Protective Investigations arrived Friday to remove her and four siblings from the home, according to Bradenton Police Lt. James Racky. Investigators only found herfour children -- ages 15, 12, 9 and 2 -- when they arrived.

Suspect Keishanna Thomas, 31, was arrested and brought before Circuit Judge Scott Brownell yet she refused to divulge the missing girl's location. Brownell ordered her held in contempt of court at the Manatee County jail.

Why didn't the school say something if she hasn't been in months? Why?

Such a beautiful little girl. I really hope this is just some sort of custody thing, where the mom has her hidden away with loving friends or family members. Praying for you baby girl and hoping LE find you alive and well very soon.

I bet the 12 and 15 yr old know what happened..

Not another one. Not sure we can handle another of these.

Such a cutie.

I agree, the siblings may be able to provide leads. When she went away. The circumstances around that or what they were told about it, etc.

I bet the 12 and 15 yr old know what happened..

In the article I linked above it is said that "a forensic interview with the other four children was conducted Saturday afternoon."

Hopefully this will give some insight to what happened.

I'm scared for this lovely little girl. :(

A homicide detective is already "assisting with the investigation as a precaution" (same article).

Praying for Janiya! Hope she is okay!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back