1221 users online (265 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

WI - Crystal Soulier, 18, Shell Lake, Sept 1996

New technology may unearth clues to unsolved murders and missing persons cases
    Monday, 23 September 2013 10:48

Crystal Linn Soulier, 18, found dead March 20, 1997, near Beloit. Soulier left her home in Shell Lake in October 1996 to visit family in Beloit.

Her family reported her missing later that month.

Soulier's skeletal remains were found in March 1997 near Naughty But Nice. She was identified through jewelry found with the body and dental records.

Soulier and Stanford were both found dead in the same area, and they weren't wearing shoes.

Investigators believe the murders are connected.

(Stanford is Terryl J. Stanford, a 29-year-old Chicago woman killed and dumped in the same area near the Naughty but Nice adult bookstore in 1994.)

Pictures are Released to Help Identify Body
    Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
    June 25, 1997

Body of Woman found in 1997 Finally Identified
    Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
    September 6, 2000

"...she called her grandmother from a Madison bus station.

'She had a several hour layover, and didn't want to wait. Her grandmother couldn't come to pick her up", he [Burnett County Det. Ken Johnson] said. We would like to know who gave her a ride to that area.'"

(Crystal was from the Shell Lake area.)
    Last edited by bessie; 10-18-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Beloit Daily News - Wednesday, May 2, 2001
    A sister's search continues

By Jeff Bollier Daily News staff writer

[...]
    “People need a little insight into Crystal,” she said. “They need to have something to remember her by, like little insights such as her jewelry.”

That distinctive jewelry helped identify Crystal three years after her body was found in the Town of Turtle in 1997. Law enforcement officials and Freedom Soulier are still trying to find out what happened that would have led to her death.

[...]
    Crystal would be reported missing Oct. 1. Her decomposed remains would be found six months later on March 20, 1997, behind an adult bookstore near Interstate 90 in the Town of Turtle and wouldn't be positively identified until Sept. 6, 2000.

About a month before that, Freedom noticed some of Crystal's jewelry on a flyer in the Rock County Sheriff's Office. When she arrived back home two days later, she called a detective with the Burnett County Sheriff's Department and part of the mystery of what happened to Crystal Linn Soulier would be solved.

[...]
    Freedom said detectives and her family have tracked Crystal's movements to Trego, Wis. and believe she may have been trying to catch a bus to Madison.

She said she believes something happened to Crystal between Madison and Beloit.
    Some believe there might be a connection between Crystal's murder and the disappearance of Sara Bushland.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

If a trucker is responsible for these two murders then I feel like he lives near the area where he dumped the girls.
    It just seems like no matter the direction he was coming from he went to that spot. I would feel different about it if his dump spot was south of Chicago or something but it wasn't. He had to basically go north from Chicago and south from Madison.

Any indication of sexual assault ?

Quote Originally Posted by RichKelly View Post
    Any indication of sexual assault ?
    I believe they were to decomposed.

I have no idea if these other murders are possibly connected or not.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=292817
    Last edited by giagreen; 12-02-2015 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Add link

Quote Originally Posted by giagreen View Post
    I believe they were to decomposed.

I have no idea if these other murders are possibly connected or not.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=292817
    Possibly , but never try to link cases, until you thoroughly investigate one, that being said it most likely is however.

Quote Originally Posted by RichKelly View Post
    Possibly , but never try to link cases, until you thoroughly investigate one, that being said it most likely is however.
    Well see I have fully investigated the three (as much as I can for not being LE, so really not fully) and I didn't think the three were connected to the two girls found by the adult book store till I realized who ever put them there more then likely lives around there. That's kinda what got me to thinkin maybe they really are linked.

Quote Originally Posted by giagreen View Post
    Well see I have fully investigated the three (as much as I can for not being LE, so really not fully) and I didn't think the three were connected to the two girls found by the adult book store till I realized who ever put them there more then likely lives around there. That's kinda what got me to thinkin maybe they really are linked.
    Again possibly, both females, both killed both missing their shoes , 2 bodies turning up in a small area like that makes it pretty likely we are dealing with the same offender.

The question however remains how he comes into contact with Crystal, who last contacted her family from a bus stop about an hour from where she was headed.