GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
chance1.jpg

The parents of a missing North Port baby boy are behind bars in South Carolina, but deputies are still scrambling to figure out just what happened to the 9-week-old.

According to the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, the grandmother of Chance Walsh contacted them on Sunday, concerned because she had not seen the boy in nearly a month. She said his parents, Kristen Bury and Joseph Walsh, are longtime drug users. more at link..
http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/30972247-story

Thread #1

FL - Chance Walsh, 9 wks, North Port, Sept-Oct 2015 - Media thread - No discussion

Joseph Walsh Facebook

Kristen Bury Facebook

Probable Cause Affidavit 1st degree felony murder for Kristen Bury

I have been reading this thread from the beginning, but I haven't commented because I really had nothing to add that hasn't already been covered. I can't comprehend this at all.

Having watched her court appearance video a couple of things struck me. There is absolutely no remorse in that womans eyes at all. There is one point when she looks up at the camera and it sent chills down my spine. She looked just like Aileen Wournos. Her eyes are dead, her soul is dead.

The only time she seemed to show any sort of emotion was when she was standing in the box and the judge ordered no contact between her and JW. That's what seemed to upset her, not the fact that she murdered her child.

I really don't understand why when you have bloods done at the start of a pregnancy to check for STD's and hormone levels etc, why it isn't mandatory to be tested for drugs at the same time. So horrendous that these beautiful babies are not only being grown in a uterus full of crack but then subjected to their parents bad choices as they start their little life.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ppears-court-kristn-bury-north-port/74121600/

I have been reading this thread from the beginning, but I haven't commented because I really had nothing to add that hasn't already been covered. I can't comprehend this at all.

Having watched her court appearance video a couple of things struck me. There is absolutely no remorse in that womans eyes at all. There is one point when she looks up at the camera and it sent chills down my spine. She looked just like Aileen Wournos. Her eyes are dead, her soul is dead.

The only time she seemed to show any sort of emotion was when she was standing in the box and the judge ordered no contact between her and JW. That's what seemed to upset her, not the fact that she murdered her child.

I really don't understand why when you have bloods done at the start of a pregnancy to check for STD's and hormone levels etc, why it isn't mandatory to be tested for drugs at the same time. So horrendous that these beautiful babies are not only being grown in a uterus full of crack but then subjected to their parents bad choices as they start their little life.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ppears-court-kristn-bury-north-port/74121600/

I don't think checking hormone levels is standard. Mine were only checked when I had bleeding in the first trimester. And I wasn't screened for any STDs except HIV (and I was given the option to opt out of it.)

Thank you for the new thread. Here is hoping JW arrives in FL soon and justice for Baby Chance can get rolling.

Where the hella IS JW? Are they transporting him by horse-and-carriage?

My only thought is JW still in a hospital, maybe completely wacked out of his mind on withdrawal, while in transport.
Hurt himself? Could he bang his head against something? resist the LE? It is so quiet about JW that my mind is going outside the box.......

Gotta take a break for some MNF and a cold Shiner Bok.

Check in later, sweet friends.

I don't think checking hormone levels is standard. Mine were only checked when I had bleeding in the first trimester. And I wasn't screened for any STDs except HIV (and I was given the option to opt out of it.)

Over here in Oz we have a blood test at the very start of the pregnancy which checks for STD's including HIV and checks the pregnancy hormone levels. Its a standard test given to every pregnant woman who presents to the Dr's.

Have I missed JW being hospitalized? Wow. Can someone throw me a link?

When did KW and JW met? She could of already been pregnant and JW, being the stand up man he is, "adopted" Duane and that could be the reason middle name? I know it sounds crazy but is it a possibility? And KW was married and living with a man at the first house? They didn't say husband, they said man.

Over here in Oz we have a blood test at the very start of the pregnancy which checks for STD's including HIV and checks the pregnancy hormone levels. Its a standard test given to every pregnant woman who presents to the Dr's.

Here in the US, these are also standard. You might not think of it as a "hormone test," but the blood pregnancy test is measuring the amount of Beta HCG--which is a hormone that suggests pregnancy. This is the hormone that is detected on the urine pregnancy tests done at home, as well. You may not even realize what all is being tested in the pregnancy blood that is drawn. The pregnant woman is going to have her blood typed, checked for antibodies to rubella, screened for syphilis, and perhaps you can opt out of being screened for HIV and Hep B, but those will at least be offered. There are also "maternal screen" blood tests that can be accepted or refused to look for suggestions of birth defects.

Here in the US, these are also standard. You might not think of it as a "hormone test," but the blood pregnancy test is measuring the amount of Beta HCG--which is a hormone that suggests pregnancy. This is the hormone that is detected on the urine pregnancy tests done at home, as well. You may not even realize what all is being tested in the pregnancy blood that is drawn. The pregnant woman is going to have her blood typed, checked for antibodies to rubella, screened for syphilis, and perhaps you can opt out of being screened for HIV and Hep B, but those will at least be offered. There are also "maternal screen" blood tests that can be accepted or refused to look for suggestions of birth defects.

Cheers for that explanation! Same as over here except here we don't get to opt out of HIV & Hep B as far as I am aware! Its all just on the list. Surely it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility to have a drug screen done at the same time. Although I guess then mothers who know they have drugs in their system would stop seeking medical attention at the beginning of a pregnancy. Such a vicious circle. Although again, in saying that, I wonder how many drug affected women who do get blood tests even know what they are being tested for. It probably wouldn't be too hard to slip it under the radar with alot of these women. Perhaps it should become Chance's law that a drug screen is conducted at least once in the term of a pregnancy. JMO

When did KW and JW met? She could of already been pregnant and JW, being the stand up man he is, "adopted" Duane and that could be the reason middle name? I know it sounds crazy but is it a possibility? And KW was married and living with a man at the first house? They didn't say husband, they said man.

I was curious about that timeline, as well. She and her husband were renting from that first landlord, JW shows up after rehab, she and her husband split and she and JW get together, next thing you know she is pregnant with Duane. Could Duane have been conceived during a "gray area" time which could have made his paternity questionable??

This whole case is so disturbing.

I have a feeling that here in the states it probably varies based on your doctor's office. For me, they checked things like iron, rubella value, RF neg/, stuff like that.

I don't believe it is standard at every doctor. I just pulled ALL of my lab results from my pregnancy (they are visible online.) They only checked my HCG twice in early pregnancy after I had bleeding. I see nothing about a syphilis or Hep B screening. I assume if I had been checked, they would have shown up along with all of my other results online. I was asked about the HIV screening before they did it. And I was offered maternal screening but didn't do that.

As far as I know, screening for drugs by a hospital would be some sort of violation of the patient's constitutional rights. I mean they could do it if you agreed to it, but not otherwise, and I definitely don't think it would be done routinely.

This is just my opinion, of course. I'll have to do some researching to confirm!

As far as I know, screening for drugs by a hospital would be some sort of violation of the patient's constitutional rights. I mean they could do it if you agreed to it, but not otherwise, and I definitely don't think it would be done routinely.

This is just my opinion, of course. I'll have to do some researching to confirm!

What do you do if drugs did show up in the blood work early into a pregnancy? Does your OB spend you off to another dr. if he doesn't want the problems with a drug addicted mother and baby? How could they stop you from using again? They could take the baby when born, but that's just about it?

What do you do if drugs did show up in the blood work early into a pregnancy? Does your OB spend you off to another dr. if he doesn't want the problems with a drug addicted mother and baby? How could they stop you from using again? They could take the baby when born, but that's just about it?

You are right, it does pose a whole pile of questions. But, in the short term it would immediately raise the red flag for child protective services. These babies have to stop being killed by drug affected mothers/fathers.

You are right, it does pose a whole pile of questions. But, in the short term it would immediately raise the red flag for child protective services. These babies have to stop being killed by drug affected mothers/fathers.

I agree, there has to be some type of intervention for drug addicted mothers for the baby's sake. I still think a law that is mandatory for drug addicts to not be able to have children. There are birth control methods that are long lasting via injection to be able to do that, and i know it may not sound nice, but if it prevents a lot of heartache and pain for babies that might be born to such a person, at least until they can clean up their act.

I asked this back in the last thread, but why would JW be using blue plastic gloves? The affidavit states there was a piece of blue glove in the grave that resembled the kind JW used. Used for what?

Or it just makes these mothers even less likely to get any prenatal care to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie