762 users online (93 members and 669 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

LA - Amy Crow, 33, New Orleans, 19 Oct 2015

Amy Marie Crow

Woman reported missing last seen in the French Quarter
    "Police are asking for the public's help to find 33-year-old Amy Marie Crow.

Crow was last seen by her husband on Oct. 19 near Jackson Square. According to police, Crow and her husband were near Jackson Square around midnight when he lost sight of her in a crowd of people. She has not been seen or heard from since."

http://m.fox8live.com/wvuefox8/db_35...tguid=knDfWKdS
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I bet bessie could help out on this one.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

I'd like to know if she had her phone. And if husband tried to call her.
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

The Quarter was crowded last night after the blues festival. I wonder if that's why they were in town. I'm cautiously optimistic she will turn up safe. Tourists who go missing in the Quarter usually do.

If they did attend the festival, did they become friendly or "hang out" with other attendees? She might have run into them again in the crowd, and walked off thinking her husband was right behind her. The next thing she knew, she was on her own with a dead battery in her phone. It's so easy to become separated in that atmosphere. But if there's been no contact in 18 hours or so, that's disturbing. Hopefully, she'll wake up with a bad headache and get in touch with him very soon.

ETA: If you should know the whereabouts of Amy Marie Crow, please contact the New Orleans Police Department at 821-2222 or Eighth District Detectives at 658-6080.
    Last edited by bessie; 10-19-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Confirmation from other sources that she was really there to begin with? (Sorry, but I gotta ask)
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

With the French Quarter's crime rate, I hope store/business owners are being asked to check cameras.

There are cameras everywhere in the Quarter. It is now 10:11pm, October, 19, 2015,CST, so this had to have happened the night of the 18th and reported on the 19th. That midnight thing.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Confirmation from other sources that she was really there to begin with? (Sorry, but I gotta ask)
    I have the same question, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I visited a couple years ago...and this small town, NC girl was easily amazed at all that goes on The French Quarter.

It is odd that Amy has not made any contact. Curious as to what the other family members or friends of this couple might have to say...
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

I agree with those who want confirmation that she was actually there that night. She's a grown woman. It's not like losing a 10 year old and wondering where they are. Anyone her age would be able to figure out how to reconnect with him if they got separated. I think she either disappeared on purpose, or she wasn't there in the first place. No one abducts a full grown woman in a crowd.

edited to add: Wait. She's truly 4'9"? And 100 pounds? She's the size of a 4th grader. That's a twist.

Well, can we assume she was inebriated? Seems logical since she wandered off from him in a crowd. It all depends on where they were. If she wandered away on the River Walk, she could have fallen in the Mississippi. But, unless they are the kind of people who hook up with phone-less strangers and sleep at their houses, she is in trouble.

There is a bad lot that hunt in the Quarter because it is easy pickings. It has always been this way. ALWAYS. Not a year ago a woman was kidnapped one afternoon about a block from Jackson Square and gang raped by 3 homeless, alcoholic, street dwelling, illegals. ARMED robbery of 2 restaurants recently.

I hope this gal has fallen asleep under some pampas grass in Armstrong Park.

Of course, she may have been arrested. That is another avenue. Local hospitals?

Okay. So this article says noon TODAY (Monday) she went missing. Is it possible the media has just gotten this whole 12 o'clock thing confused?

http://www.noladefender.com/content/...issing-quarter

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Okay. So this article says noon TODAY (Monday) she went missing. Is it possible the media has just gotten this whole 12 o'clock thing confused?

w.noladefender.com/content/tourist-missing-quarter
    No, I did. It just didn't register that she disappeared in broad daylight. She is tiny, dressed in stripped tights, shorts, a sleeveless shirt/vest with spikes on it. Black hair, blue eyes. Gone almost 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post

http://www.noladefender.com/content/...issing-quarter
    NOLA Defender is wrong this time. It was midnight. Here's the press release in my email.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    October 19, 2015
    MISSING ADULT REPORTED

NEW ORLEANS - The NOPD is asking for the publicís assistance in locating 33-year-old Amy Marie Crow who was last seen by her husband on October 19, 2015, near Jackson Square.

Crow is from Ohio and traveled to New Orleans from North Carolina. Crow's husband reported he last saw his wife at approximately 12:00 a.m., near Jackson Square, when he lost sight of her in a crowd of people.

Crow has not been seen or heard from since.

Amy Marie Crow is approximately 4'9" tall, about 100 pounds with black hair, blue eyes and a tattoo on the back of neck (unknown description). She was last seen wearing striped tights with gray shorts, sleeveless shirt with a black vest and silver spikes.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast