777 users online (122 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    New details released in disappearance of Bardstown mom, Crystal Rogers
    UPDATED 11:23 PM EDT Oct 19, 2015

Nearly 200 pages of documents and several hours of police interviews, hearings, and phone calls were included in the discovery.

[...]
    Houck is seen becoming emotional, saying his focus is the couple's 2-year-old son, Eli and the safe return of Crystal. Still, claiming his innocence, he agreed to cooperate.

"I don't need an attorney. I haven't asked for an attorney but this is really starting to get silly," he's heard telling a detective.

[...]
    "Did you burn anything Friday night?" the investigator asks.

Houck replies, "Yes, it's not uncommon. I don't want stuff piling up to the moon. I always light a fire."

[...]
    Brooks Houck is heard on the phone telling Nick Houck, "I'm innocent. I haven't done anything wrong."

Still, the interview comes to an end. One week later, the man on the other line, Nick Houck, comes in to talk with police.

[...]
    "There's a couple spots in your trunk and that blanket lit up like Chernobyl. Why would that be?" an investigator asks of apparent blood splatter discovered in the trunk.

Houck replies there would not be blood in the cruiser's trunk. The investigator presses on, "Okay, bodily fluids."

Houck said, "I don't have a clue."
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Ex-Cop Failed Lie Detector Test Over Brother's Missing Girlfriend
    Brooks Houck was fired after the interrogation focusing on the July 3 disappearance of Crystal Rogers.
    David Lohr - Senior Crime Reporter, The Huffington Post
    Posted: 10/20/2015 07:12 PM EDT

[...]
    "You did not pass the test," an FBI polygraph examiner told Nick Houck in a police interrogation video released on Monday. "It's pretty clear that you haven't told me the complete truth and the questions you are having problems with are questions about Crystal and, in particular, whether or not you know where she is right now."

Houck denied being dishonest with the examiner and said he doubted the validity of the test.

"I don't give a goddam what your f--king computer said," Houck told the examiner, according to the video. "You're calling me a f--king liar [and] I don't like it when people call me a liar."

[...]
    At a press conference on Friday, Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly named Brooks Houck a suspect in his girlfriend's disappearance and said authorities suspect Nick Houck knows what happened to her.

"I have eight pages of circumstances that lead me to look in their direction, yes," Mattingly said.

The sheriff acknowledged for the first time that authorities believe Rogers is dead.

"Crystal Rogers was extremely close with her family," the sheriff said. "She has had no contact with her family. There are certain things people do when they exist on this earth and she has vanished on this earth."

Bardstown police cited what they said was Nick Houck's interference with the investigation in his firing.

"I expect, demand, and will accept nothing less than ethical, professional, proactive officers on this department," Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin said in a statement released on Saturday. "While the difficult task of firing an officer will always weigh heavy, I will not hesitate to remove one if our profession, our badge, or our oath and affirmation, are tarnished."

much more at the link
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Kentucky State Police detectives executed a search warrant at the home of Anna Whitesides, the grandmother to Brooks Houck, on Tuesday morning.

Houck was named the main suspect in the disappearance of Crystal Rogers, who was reported missing in the summer of 2015.

KSP Trooper Jeff Gregory would not confirm if Tuesday's search had any connection to the Rogers' case.

http://www.whas11.com/mb/amp/news/lo...ouck/459376297

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6