1480 users online (248 members and 1232 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Report: Baby Chance left dead for a week before being buried
    February 19, 2016

[...]

The 65 page report included a timeline of events related to the case, including interviews with the couple’s relatives and neighbors, how authorities used surveillance techniques to track down Bury and Walsh in South Carolina, the evidence collected during the investigation and Chance’s final moments.

[...]

Investigators obtained a cell phone that recorded an argument between Walsh and Bury.

“Kristen is crying and trying to calm Joseph down,” the report said. “Joseph says (part is redacted). Kristen tells Joseph not to hit Chance. Kristen at one point tells Joseph that he is going to break Chance’s neck. The hitting of Chance can be heard on the recording.”

The crying dies down. What happened right before the recording stopped was redacted from the report.
    Prior to the argument, the couple discussed the baby’s life insurance policy.

“Please tell me how I would get paid on Chance’s life insurance policy after we murder him,” Bury said, according to the report. “Yeah, they’re going to say thank you for killing your son, here is your life insurance. Have a nice day.”

(continued at the link in disturbing detail)

Earlier report on Kristen Bury's plea deal

Baby Chance’s mother to serve 25 years, testify against husband
    January 20, 2016

Bury, 32, was initially charged with homicide negligent manslaughter. With the plea deal, Bury will:
    • Be required to testify against her husband, Joseph Walsh, who is charged with second-degree murder.
    • Wave the statute of limitation and her right to a speedy trial.
    • Face additional charges if she refuses to testify or does not testify “truthfully and consistently.”

[...]

While she still loves her daughter, Susino was not remorseful of her actions.
    She felt her daughter should’ve received more prison time.

“I hope she enjoys her new life,” she said.

John Murawski, Bury’s stepfather, said the case highlights the need for grandparents to have parental rights for their grandchildren.

He was also not remorseful of Bury’s prison sentence.

“Stood by, watched her baby die and did nothing to prevent it,” he said. “In my eyes, she’s a monster.”
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Man who called DCF on Baby Chance’s parents speaks out
    February 22, 2016

NORTH PORT, Fla. – A man familiar with the parents of murdered Baby Chance Walsh tried to warn the Department of Children and Families before the infant was murdered nine weeks after birth.

Ten days after Kristen Bury and Joseph Walsh took their son home from the hospital, Brandon Gutierrez said he was sitting in the backseat of a car testing the baby for signs of drug withdrawal.

“When their arms are at their side, you would pull their arms up and the resistance that they give you tells you because a normal baby would just let go,” he said.

He tried to call DCF a little more than a week before. DCF confirmed they received a call from Gutierrez but that investigators failed to look into his claims since Gutierrez had no first-hand knowledge of Bury’s drug use.

Earlier article, October 21, 2015

In one report from this past July, a caseworker received a call that the mother, Kristen Bury -- who has also been charged with Chance's death -- may be on drugs. It was determined that there wasn't enough information in the call to warrant a caseworker going out to the home. DCF said the caller did not appear to have first-hand knowledge that they could use, and Chance was still in the hospital at the time. DCF says the hospital did not report any concerns at the time.

Intake Report
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Father of Baby Chance indicted for first-degree murder
    March 1, 2016

SARASOTA, Fla. – Joseph Walsh, the father of Chance Walsh, the newborn who was found buried in a remote wooded area in North Port in Oct. 2015, has been indicted on a first-degree felony murder charge, the state Attorney’s Office said Tuesday.

Walsh initially faced a second-degree murder charge.

Baby Chance's father indicted on murder charge
    By Michael Scott Davidson
    Published: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 1:24 p.m. Last Modified: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 5:34 p.m.

[...]

The indictment came back after the grand jury met on Tuesday morning. In Florida, a first-degree murder charge can only be brought forth by a grand jury’s indictment.

If Walsh is convicted, he faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison. Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty because the case did not meet statutory criteria, Assistant State Attorney Suzanne O’Donnell said.

INDICTMENT
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Kristen Bury spills emotions to husband in jailhouse letters
    March 1, 2016

[...]

“Several times I jumped on his back. I tried. I had to pull him away. I tried to grab my son and get him away cause I was just gonna run out the (expletive) front door,” she told detectives.

[...]

From her jail cell Bury wrote to her husband, also in jail for the murder.

“I can’t believe how crazy this all is. We are actually famous. Not the way I wanted to be!”

[...]

“I never stop thinking about you. I want to get our names tattooed around our ring fingers as wedding bands,” she wrote. “We get out, we’re doing it immediately.”
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Posted by Kakidoll on another thread and bringing over.

"Plea Deal. Sentenced to 75 years!

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/35306056/...ears-in-prison

Article says concurrent... so either reporter got it wrong or its consecutive... will have to wait for it to update in court log.
    Either way... 45 years + 30.... he'll be in for a good long time.... along with some jailhouse justice i'm sure."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2