FL FL - Mabel Tresner, 80, Jensen Beach, 16 Aug 1993

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Mabel Tresner was 80 years old when she was last seen in the summer of 1993. Originally, investigators believed that she had a medical problem, became confused and left. More recently, they announced that they now believe she was possibly the victim of foul play.

Charley Project

tresner_mable.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: August 16, 1993 from Jensen Beach, Florida
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: March 19, 1913
• Height and Weight: 4'10, 80 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. White hair, brown eyes. Tresner may use the last names Puccini and/or Wright. Many accounts spell her name "Mabel." She wears eyeglasses and dentures, but left both behind.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: Possibly a light-colored nightgown.

Details of Disappearance
Tresner was last seen at her mobile home in the 100 block of northeast 15th Terrace, off Baker Road, in Jensen Beach, Florida on August 16, 1993. She disappeared overnight and has never been heard from again. She lived alone at the time of her disappearance and was in good physical and mental health. On the morning of August 17, a friend went to pick her up to take her to the Jesus House of Hope thrift shop, where she was a volunteer. No one was home. Later that day, her daughter went to her home and found it deserted. The front door was unlocked and Tresner's purse, car keys, clothes, jewelry, dentures and eyeglasses were inside the house. Tresner's bed was made up and her sandals lay on the floor next to the bed, and her bathroom was also in a neat condition.

An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Tresner, although witnesses reported seeing an elderly woman in a nightgown walking along U.S. 1 near the Roosevelt Bridge in Stuart, Florida at 1:00 a.m. on August 17. She has never been heard from again. Tresner was reportedly very concerned about her appearance and it would be uncharacteristic of her to leave home without putting on her shoes, dentures and glasses. Although authorities initially believed she had a medical problem, became confused and wandered away from the house, foul play is now suspected in her disappearance.

22 years later, Martin County Sheriff reopen missing persons case

Twenty-two years after an 80-year-old woman went missing from her home in Jensen Beach, law-enforcement officers have reopened the case in hopes of finding out what ever happened to beloved Mable Lee Tresner.

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office has decided to renew its efforts to find Tresner, who mysteriously disappeared from her residence in 1993. The department acknowledges they are probably looking for her remains, because Tresner would now be 102, but they said they want to close the case.

But according to a Facebook post from the sheriff’s office announcing the reopening of the case Thursday, foul play may have been involved in the woman’s disappearance.

“Because of certain evidence found inside of the home at the time, detectives could not rule out foul play. In fact, foul play is likely.”

The sheriff’s office did not disclose what was found in the home that may have led them to that conclusion.

Martin County detectives want to know what happened to Mabel Lee Tresner

The reason for her disappearance could have been the result of Tresner experiencing a medical episode, such as a stroke or vascular dementia, that caused her to wander, Snyder said. It also could have been because someone else was involved.

"There's no way that we can rule out foul play," Snyder said.

Detectives are going back through all the old evidence, talking to people who were involved and hoping someone will see the case and have his or her conscience get the best of them, Snyder said.

His goal is to recover Tresner's body or at least find out what happened to her.

This lady was so tiny, the size of a child. I wonder if the witness who saw the elderly woman walking along the highway took note of her height and build. Has Mabel Lee been declared legally dead? If so, is anyone benefiting from her demise?

I couldn't have passed an elderly woman walking in her nightgown along a highway in the wee hours of the morning without alerting someone. Heck, I'd stop my car right there and then! This just doesn't sound right. Someone needs to gather their courage after 22 years and start talking.

I couldn't have passed an elderly woman walking in her nightgown along a highway in the wee hours of the morning without alerting someone. Heck, I'd stop my car right there and then! This just doesn't sound right. Someone needs to gather their courage after 22 years and start talking.
I agree. I would have stopped and if she didn't want to get in car to be taken some where I would have dialed 911 asap and kept her in sight. Some one needs to step up.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave