Found Deceased NC - Esau 'Abe' Brenes, 25, Siler City, 3 Oct 2015 *Arrest*

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
North Carolina Man Esau Abraham Brenes Vanishes After Driving Friend and Two Strangers Home

esau_abraham_bernes_cropped_9e38502694941dbc81d17b4d98fd9fbf.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Brenes, coined "Abe" and "Abey" by close friends and family, was last seen driving his green Mini Cooper with North Carolina license plate ZRA-5881 in Siler, North Carolina on Saturday October 3. His step-father says Abe had attended a wedding that day, driven home and changed clothes, then headed out to spend a night with friends.

What happened next is where the details become hazy. Brenes, 25, slept at a friend's and reportedly was driving home when he saw a high school friend walking with two men he did not know. "Well, the good natured kid he is, he offered to give them a ride," Salinas told Dateline.

Esau "Abe" Brenes is described as 5'9", weighing 170 lbs., with dark hair and brown eyes.

If you have any information that can help bring Abe home, please contact the Siler City Police Department at (919) 742-5626.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...-brenes-vanishes-after-driving-friend-n446971

Very strange, why would he be yelling into the phone if nobody called him? Was he faking anger for some reason? imo.

"In what order and where the men were dropped off is up for debate. One of the men allegedly told police that, while in the car, Abe got a call and began yelling at the person on the other end.

According to his step-father, phone records show Abe never received a call around that time. “There is something really bad about this, real bad.”

No significant clues as to what became of Abe that day have surfaced. Police have told the family they are pursing multiple leads and have questioned several people, including the men Abe allegedly picked-up that morning, but not much else has been released.

Abe was not a young man one would expect to simply disappear. He has been described as a hardworking twenty-something, who had no shortage of friends, both male and female, and liked to dress well."

rbbm.

http://wncn.com/2015/10/19/nc-man-vanishes-after-driving-friend-and-2-strangers-home/

Thank you to @ColdPizza for creating the thread.
Strange that this is only hitting news now when he's been missing since October 3rd, and under what seems to me to be suspicious circumstances.
I hope this 'friend from HS' and the 2 strange men start telling the truth really soon.
It appears as though the car has not yet been found, also strange.

because dude is lying.

Very strange, why would he be yelling into the phone if nobody called him? Was he faking anger for some reason? imo.

"In what order and where the men were dropped off is up for debate. One of the men allegedly told police that, while in the car, Abe got a call and began yelling at the person on the other end.

According to his step-father, phone records show Abe never received a call around that time. “There is something really bad about this, real bad.”

No significant clues as to what became of Abe that day have surfaced. Police have told the family they are pursing multiple leads and have questioned several people, including the men Abe allegedly picked-up that morning, but not much else has been released.

Abe was not a young man one would expect to simply disappear. He has been described as a hardworking twenty-something, who had no shortage of friends, both male and female, and liked to dress well."

rbbm.

http://wncn.com/2015/10/19/nc-man-vanishes-after-driving-friend-and-2-strangers-home/

I hate this stuff. he could be my son. young Latino male.

I'm assuming no new news yet?
Does anyone know if there have been any sightings of the car?
That's not a car that easily blends in... it's a GREEN, mini cooper.
You'd think it would be easy enough to spot...

I wish his family could get a media push out there. sad to say but the women and children get more media attn.

So sad that it has taken over two weeks to get the media's attention. There seems to be some undercurrent here that is raising the level of concern. I get the feeling there is more to the story than is being said in public and I am afraid that LE and the family might suspect a hate crime.

My daughter is a lesbian and I am a big supporter of gay rights and the LGBT community. Nobody has said it, but I am wondering if Abe is gay. While it is quickly becoming a suburb of Greensboro, Siler City is still a small rural town in North Carolina. It is a bit different from other small towns because it has an artist community, but there are still a lot of really closed minded hateful people in this part of the country.

I live a couple hours away, but I'm going to reach out to the FB page and see if there is anything I can do to help spread the word.

what made you think that may be? I hope not, poor kid

ETA not because he is gay, I hope it isn't a hate crime.

So sad that it has taken over two weeks to get the media's attention. There seems to be some undercurrent here that is raising the level of concern. I get the feeling there is more to the story than is being said in public and I am afraid that LE and the family might suspect a hate crime.

My daughter is a lesbian and I am a big supporter of gay rights and the LGBT community. Nobody has said it, but I am wondering if Abe is gay. While it is quickly becoming a suburb of Greensboro, Siler City is still a small rural town in North Carolina. It is a bit different from other small towns because it has an artist community, but there are still a lot of really closed minded hateful people in this part of the country.

I live a couple hours away, but I'm going to reach out to the FB page and see if there is anything I can do to help spread the word.

what made you think that may be? I hope not, poor kid

ETA not because he is gay, I hope it isn't a hate crime.

Just some of the wording in comments people have made about him, like the part about dressing up and that he has a lot of both male and female friends. Why bother saying that his friends are both male and female? Why not just say he has a lot of friends? As for the possibility of it being a hate crime, I live in rural NC and old-fashioned prejudices are very strong among a large part of the population.

Of course it could just be that I'm hypersensitive to LGBT issues and reading more into it than is really there.

I don't think he's necessarily gay because he likes to dress well and look good. I'm Italian and that could describe pretty much all the males in my family.
Not saying he's not but I didn't take it that way. I took the male and female friend bit as meaning he's popular and maybe a bit of a flirt.
You could be right though, it's interesting how our experiences affect how we see each case, makes it enjoyable to post here.

I agree with you cvaldez, I get the feeling guy in the car is not telling the truth as well.

According to the flyer (in post 10 above) His car was seen later that day being driven by someone else. I wonder if it was one of the guys he gave a ride to?

Hi all, this is my first post on WS. I saw a story in the local news yesterday about Abe (I live in Raleigh, about an hour east of Siler City), and later saw this thread while lurking the forums. Yesterday afternoon, I also saw a green mini cooper parked in an empty, fenced parking lot in a part of Raleigh that I don't know very well. Something about it bothered me, because it was parked right up on the fence, and... then I remembered this thread, and the picture of Abe's car. It's very likely not related, but I couldn't just forget about it. I left a message for the Siler City detective in charge of this case, and I also called Raleigh PD. I was told by the dispatcher that a patrol would go out and check the car. Nothing new in the news today so I'm guessing it was just a coincidence. But I have to say I am a little shaken up still because I've never given a tip to the police before, and the odds of seeing such a distinctive vehicle the same day that I learned about this case... I don't know, I'm probably being weird. I really hope that Abe is found soon so his family can have answers, whatever those may be. The circumstances around his disappearance sound really shady, so I am concerned for his wellbeing. I'll be bookmarking this thread and hope that someone will have an update soon.

Hi all, this is my first post on WS. I saw a story in the local news yesterday about Abe (I live in Raleigh, about an hour east of Siler City), and later saw this thread while lurking the forums. Yesterday afternoon, I also saw a green mini cooper parked in an empty, fenced parking lot in a part of Raleigh that I don't know very well. Something about it bothered me, because it was parked right up on the fence, and... then I remembered this thread, and the picture of Abe's car. It's very likely not related, but I couldn't just forget about it. I left a message for the Siler City detective in charge of this case, and I also called Raleigh PD. I was told by the dispatcher that a patrol would go out and check the car. Nothing new in the news today so I'm guessing it was just a coincidence. But I have to say I am a little shaken up still because I've never given a tip to the police before, and the odds of seeing such a distinctive vehicle the same day that I learned about this case... I don't know, I'm probably being weird. I really hope that Abe is found soon so his family can have answers, whatever those may be. The circumstances around his disappearance sound really shady, so I am concerned for his wellbeing. I'll be bookmarking this thread and hope that someone will have an update soon.
Well done! And welcome.

Thanks, Hoosgirl! The new items I've seen so far indicate that the police have received a lot of tips from the public. I have to believe that somebody saw something that day, or in the weeks since then, that will help solve the case. Fingers crossed Abe continues to get media coverage until the right person calls in.

Great post, and welcome!

rbbm.

Welcome to Ws. abbyfick!
Thanks for your awesome post, glad you called in the suspicious looking car, plenty good tips come from people who just think " they are being weird"!!
:welcome6:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back