Found Deceased ME - Lisa Cox, 30, Brunswick, 19 Oct 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Lisa Marie Cox
10039021_H16187571-600x450.jpg

Maine Warden Service plane joins search for missing Brunswick woman
"BRUNSWICK, Maine — A Maine Warden Service plane headed to Brunswick just before noon Tuesday to search for a 30-year-old woman last seen at 10:30 p.m. Monday.

Lisa Marie Cox left her home at 30 Running Brook Road, off Maquoit Road, following an argument, Brunswick police Cmdr. Mark Waltz said Tuesday.

Cox, who left on foot and left her cellphone at the house, was wearing a navy blue sweater and dark blue skirt at the time."

https://bangordailynews.com/2015/10...ane-joins-search-for-missing-brunswick-woman/

Lisa Marie Cox left the Running Brook Road home of family friends barefoot and without her cellphone following an argument with her boyfriend <snip>

Waltz said Cox was &#8220;very upset and may not have been thinking clearly&#8221; following the argument.

Cox, who grew up in the Bath-Brunswick area, now lives in Texas with her boyfriend, but the couple has been in Maine visiting for two weeks.

<snip>

Waltz said police have questioned Cox&#8217;s boyfriend, who told them he does not know where she is.

<snip>

&#8220;We&#8217;re worried she&#8217;s in trouble,&#8221; Waltz said. &#8220;She&#8217;s not dressed for the elements, and it was 30 degrees and raining last night.&#8221;

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/10/...ane-joins-search-for-missing-brunswick-woman/

Interesting the article said she lives in TX w/ her BF and that they were visiting her old stomping grounds in Maine.

Here's her IG https://instagram.com/coxlisamariexoc/

And going back a considerable ways I have yet to see a single picture of them together.

As much as I can imagine leaving home without a coat, after a heated argument, even if it happens in October, in Maine, I am unable to imagine leaving barefoot in these circumstances. How far would one get, before getting back home? Two meters? Three?

If these are her stomping grounds she might be holed up with a friend to play against the boyfriend.

The barefoot thing is a problem for me...as well as leaving behind your cell phone.

Wonder who the last person was to see both Lisa and her boyfriend together?

The barefoot thing is a problem for me...as well as leaving behind your cell phone.

Wonder who the last person was to see both Lisa and her boyfriend together?

It said they were staying with family friends for the visit, so I'd hoped they'd been able to corroborate things a bit.

This seems to perhaps indicate otherwise and that what happened at night was all based on the husband's story:

Later Tuesday afternoon, Brunswick police called in Maine State Police detectives to join the search.

“We have questions,” Waltz said about the search, declining to be more specific.

“Her boyfriend said they had an argument and that was the last he saw of her,” Waltz said. “This morning, the owners of the residence got up and found her missing and the boyfriend still there. He claims they had an argument and she went in the house and he went in the garage. At this point no one knows where she is.”

https://bangordailynews.com/2015/10...nsifies-for-texas-woman-missing-in-brunswick/

What's weird is that account doesn't seem to include her leaving - to me that's stopping at her husband saying she was in the house and he was in the garage...

So who made the determination of her state of mind, what she left with, etc. if no one saw her leave and he claims he was elsewhere?

Lots of resources of varying kinds being used and they'll continue through the night.

Authorities launched the air and ground search early Tuesday afternoon, and efforts seemed to intensify throughout the day.

<snip>

Brunswick police enlisted the Maine Warden Service, along with two tracking dogs, to assist with a search of the deep woods behind the home. A Maine State Police plane scanned the area, including nearby Maquoit Bay, from the air.

<snip>

Later Tuesday afternoon, Brunswick police called in Maine State Police detectives to join the search.

&#8220;We have questions,&#8221; Waltz said about the search, declining to be more specific.

<snip>

With darkness looming, Waltz said the plane would have to cease its air scans, but that police would continue the ground search into the night.

https://bangordailynews.com/2015/10...nsifies-for-texas-woman-missing-in-brunswick/

This was particularly interesting to me:

At mid-afternoon, wardens left the Running Brook Road home and, with a dog, headed into a gully farther down Maquoit Road.

Sgt. Tim Spahr of the Maine Warden Service said nothing in particular had prompted a search of the gully area, and that the dogs hadn’t “hit” on anything yet. However, Waltz said later that he knew why searchers combed the area but couldn’t release that information.

The MWS Sergeant said nothing in particular prompted a search of the gully and that were no "hits."

The Brunswick Police Commander, however, said he knew exactly why the gully was searched, but that he couldn't say why.

:thinking:

I wonder if "the dogs hadn't 'hit' on anything yet" related only to the gully or not?

At first I read it that way, but then rereading it I realized it could also almost seem he was saying they hadn't 'hit' anywhere (as in that's not why LE was searching the gully)

She certainly doesn't appear to be 168 lbs at 5'3" in any of her IG photos.

I notice she has a lot of Christian posts and some of her friends (FB friends) are saying they are happy she has found love.

How close would one of her friends be? She can't get that far with no shoes. Crazyness. I hope she's found safe. However I'm not optimistic about it. Sorry

Reading between the lines, it seems like she and the boyfriend have each had some rough spots in the past and now they're both pretty religious.

Tuesday afternoon, Waltz said Cox and her boyfriend had argued Monday night and she left the home (at night, in the rain, and 30 degree temps.) barefoot and on foot, wearing a navy blue sweater and dark blue skirt with leggings (no coat)— but without her cellphone or glasses. And yet her boyfriend represents that he went to the garage, leaving her in the house. Why did she leave the very things you would most expect her to take? She is seen wearing glasses in her pictures on Facebook.

At best it would seem she left under considerable duress.

Seems like it would be awfully hard - and pretty darn risky - to do something to someone when you're not in a place you're familiar with and when there are other people apparently under the same roof.

Not that that hasn't happened before, but it would seem like a lot more unknowns possibly leading to getting caught in this scenario if the BF were involved, no?

Although by all accounts they had an argument/fight which apparently didn't wake up the family friends, but...still...

Unfortunately I think even if there isn't something untoward that occurred and she truly took off after the fight like her BF seems to have indicated (which I'm still confused about how that story seems to have changed) her complete unpreparedness for being outside, even if she thought she could get to a friend's, I think would still not lead to a good ending.

Going back to the (to me) seemingly conflicting stories, does anyone else have thoughts on how this can be reconciled?

Early articles said she left the house about 10:30 pm after the fight (sans basically anything) and was very upset.

Police say she left her home on foot at around 10:30 p.m. after an argument. She left without her phone.

Since Lisa clearly didn't relay her state of mind and apparently no one else was witness to the fight, that means only the boyfriend is the source of the police assessment of her mental state, no?

Lisa Marie Cox left the Running Brook Road home of family friends barefoot and without her cellphone following an argument with her boyfriend <snip>

Waltz said Cox was &#8220;very upset and may not have been thinking clearly&#8221; following the argument.

Yet the most recent article today said:

&#8220;We have questions,&#8221; Waltz said about the search, declining to be more specific.

&#8220;Her boyfriend said they had an argument and that was the last he saw of her,&#8221;
Waltz said. &#8220;This morning, the owners of the residence got up and found her missing and the boyfriend still there. He claims they had an argument and she went in the house and he went in the garage. At this point no one knows where she is.&#8221;

The BF said she was in the house and he was in the garage.

So for all he knew, Lisa was in the house.

And he tells LE and the residents last he knew she was in the house and he was in the garage.

Then how does he know she left around 10:30? And doesn't that mean he contradicted himself and that he KNEW she was not in the house like he said?

Plus, if he wasn't in the house, aside from the contradiction about where he thought she was, why 10:30 if he didn't see her leave? Couldn't it have been any time after that until the residents of the home woke up?

I get that perhaps a main pair of shoes, coat, phone, glasses easily identifiable as belonging to her would be obviously if they were left, but unless he saw her leave the house, how does he know she didn't have ANY shoes on?

I mean, she could have taken the shoes and coat of someone else in the home for all he knew unless he saw her, right?

And if he didn't see her leave b/c he was in the garage, how does he know what her mental state was when she left (which, again, he is the only possible source of since this article seems to indicate the residents learned of everything in the morning when they woke up and discovered only him there and not her)?

Going back to the (to me) seemingly conflicting stories, does anyone else have thoughts on how this can be reconciled?

Early articles said she left the house about 10:30 pm after the fight (sans basically anything) and was very upset.

Since Lisa clearly didn't relay her state of mind and apparently no one else was witness to the fight, that means only the boyfriend is the source of the police assessment of her mental state, no?

Yet the most recent article today said:

The BF said she was in the house and he was in the garage.

So for all he knew, Lisa was in the house.

And he tells LE and the residents last he knew she was in the house and he was in the garage.

Then how does he know she left around 10:30? And doesn't that mean he contradicted himself and that he KNEW she was not in the house like he said?

Plus, if he wasn't in the house, aside from the contradiction about where he thought she was, why 10:30 if he didn't see her leave? Couldn't it have been any time after that until the residents of the home woke up?

I get that perhaps a main pair of shoes, coat, phone, glasses easily identifiable as belonging to her would be obviously if they were left, but unless he saw her leave the house, how does he know she didn't have ANY shoes on?

I mean, she could have taken the shoes and coat of someone else in the home for all he knew unless he saw her, right?

And if he didn't see her leave b/c he was in the garage, how does he know what her mental state was when she left (which, again, he is the only possible source of since this article seems to indicate the residents learned of everything in the morning when they woke up and discovered only him there and not her)?

These are very good points and well-made. Without waking up the other residents of the home why would you conclude someone had left if you weren't there but were in the garage. If you were concerned that someone left without things they needed why wait to report them missing?

https://bangordailynews.com/2015/10...-texas-woman-missing-in-brunswick/?noMobile=1

Lisa Marie Cox was reported missing at about 10 a.m. Tuesday. Cox, who grew up in Brunswick, has lived for the last three years in Dallas, Texas, with her boyfriend, whom police declined to name.

Although earlier in the day police said the couple was in Maine visiting, Brunswick police Cmdr. Mark Waltz said later that they recently moved to Maine and had stayed for the past two weeks with family friends who live on Running Brook Road.

That was only one of several examples of &#8220;conflicting information&#8221; Waltz said police heard on Tuesday.

-----
This is one of apparently many inconsistencies in the story this more recent article saying they had moved, not were visiting.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back