1086 users online (178 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

Officials: 10-Year-Old Had Cocaine At School

Police have determined that a powdery substance found in a 10-year-old boy's possession at a southeastern Marion County school this week was cocaine, school officials said Thursday.

The Acton Elementary School fourth-grader allegedly was showing to other students a capsule containing white powder on Wednesday, an associate principal wrote in a letter sent to parents.

A teacher learned of the capsule, and police were called. A similar substance was found in three plastic bags in the child's locker, and a police dog indicated the substance was an illegal drug, the school said.
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4980233/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Sadly, this happens more often than you think, especially around the Houston area.

One of our schools had a third grader bring pot to school. She was just trying to show off but things didn't go well for her parents!

Unfortunately, it is not just in Houston. I heard on my police scanner yesterday that EMS was requested to go to an elementary school, for a 12 yo who became ill after sucking on a pot sucker. Not as bad as coke, but bad enough. And I don't think we hear all of the drugs found at schools, I think that a lot of times they are kept out of the media.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Yes; if it involves elementary schools, it is definitely kept out of the media; at least where I live. I used to be in charge of our District's Red Ribbon Week Activities and once scheduled a man to bring in his dogs to show the kids how they were able to find even minute particles of drugs. At the end of his performance, he would teasingly say he was now headed for the locker bay and "teachers- keep your eyes on kids leaving the gym now!" Too funny.