Found Deceased WA - Jose Sanchez Diaz, 20, Lynnwood, 29 Aug 2015

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Sanchez Diaz, 20, of Lynnwood, was last seen in the early hours of Aug. 29, playing video games at a friend's house.

Sanchez Diaz was raised by his grandparents in Honduras. He came to the U.S. at 17 and qualified for a federal resettlement program.
He was placed in Danson's home through a Lutheran Community Services foster care program. The Danson's helped him learn English and get enrolled at Mountlake Terrace High School.

“After just six months with us, he was able to speak and read and write English,” she said. “He was beloved in his high school.” He completed three years there. This summer he had been going through testing and being advised on to start a high school completion program at Edmonds Community College.

“There's no way that he took off,” she said. “He's supposed to start college next week.”

For the past year Sanchez Diaz has been working as a chef at a Qdoba Mexican Grill in North Seattle. He never misses work, Danson said. He had used money from the job to buy his own used car, a red 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Washington plate number AUH2654, that also is missing.

bilde

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20150911/NEWS01/150919803

bilde

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20151021/NEWS01/151029694

Oh no. I am in Lynnwood and just did some looking around online. It looks like the foster home is about 9 blocks from my house. I have not noticed any posters about this. I will keep my eyes open.

This poor young man. It does not sound hopeful.

This sounds ominous, for sure. I am puzzled by his Mom's skepticism about knowing where Mukilteo is. The foster house is on 29th Place. If you hop onto 28th Avenue, one block east, and head north, you basically end up right at Mukilteo - it requires just one swerve onto the highway that becomes Mukilteo Speedway. It is a long haul but basically a straight shot. If this young man enjoys driving at all, he just might have hit that road to see how far it would go.

Bumping for Jose. I do not know him or his people but he is my neighbor - lives within walking distance of my house. I haven't seen any local news about him for a couple of weeks. My husband saw a flyer at the local Park and Ride but there doesn't seem to be much activity around this.

I wonder if they just think he accidentally drove off the Mukilteo ferry dock?? Or if he hopped the ferry and ended up on Whidbey Island, most of which is heavily wooded and not densely populated at all.

If he went off the highway on Whidbey, it could quite likely be in terrain where it would be hard to spot a car. Maybe with vegetation dying back for winter, that will help. But so much veg around here is evergreen.

From last month:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160321/NEWS01/160329885

Jose Sanchez Diaz was almost home when, for some reason, he turned his car around. His cell phone last emitted an electronic signal at the Mukilteo waterfront.

That was more than six months ago, the last time anyone saw or heard from him.

The 20-year-old Lynnwood man was supposed to start college last fall. His disappearance remains a mystery. Detectives suspect that he crashed his car and died and the wreckage hasn’t been found.

I live in Mukilteo, yet I have not heard of his case until now, but then again, this last summer was a busy one for me and my family as an infant relative was sick in an out of the hospital since last spring. Jose's case was linked to the forum thread on the disappearance of Tyler Christensen, who recently went missing in Mukilteo.

But I do remember that odd and nasty wind storm last August. From the article, it states:
Cellphone records and locator information showed Sanchez Diaz leaving his friend’s house about 2 a.m. He was a few blocks from home when he turned around and headed to Mukilteo. There was no call or text that might have explained the change in direction, Danson said. The phone quit emitting a signal at the beach.

This is soooo strange. On his missing flyer, it states he was last seen at 4 a.m. around the Lynnwood Park & Ride area. My question is, if he left the friend's house about 2 a.m., what was he doing lingering around the park and ride for 2 hours? And was the friend's house close or near the park and ride?

And from personal experience of the Lynnwood Park & Ride, all I can say it that it's nothing but a shady place 24/7, no matter what time of day–day & night! I have transferred by bus there dozens of times when I was working in downtown Seattle. I remember seeing sketchy looking, half naked people waking up in the nearby bushes in the mornings and getting on buses heading downtown. And I remember one hot Friday night during the summer 6 years ago, I was waiting for the Mukilteo bus there around 6:30 p.m. while it was still broad daylight out, and out nowhere two opposing gang members walked out in the middle of the bus bay and starting heavily punching each other, beating each other up. There were commuters waiting all around the bus bays for their buses, and they saw this happen and no one... no one... called the police. I gathered that this must be something that happens all the time there. I also noticed there were was no park & ride security around while this incident happened. But, when the fight was over, and the gang members returned to their opposite sides of the bus bay, staring at each other, a few buses came in and when they did, I noticed the park & ride security drove up and left within minutes after the buses left. And there was also numerous times there, I would see gang members in nice cars driving by fast in the bus bay area. I seriously feared a drive by shooting each time. And there was also one time in the early winter evening as my bus was leaving the park and ride, I saw a SWAT team in full gear with guns pulled out on a man across the street. Knowing all this from personal experience with that park and ride area, if I was alone on foot or in a car, I would make sure not to be anywhere near there, especially when it is dark at night and in the early morning hours.

Jose had a very nice looking car. If he was seen with it in this area during those two early morning hours after leaving his friend's house, there's a good chance it caught the eyes of gang members. Even though Jose wasn't, nor looked liked a gang member, a rival gang could have pegged him for one being in their territory. Perhaps he was on his way home and was followed... and a few blocks before reaching home, somehow got intervened to stop and was overpowered. And the car changed to the Mukilteo direction. If his last cell phone ping was at the Mukilteo dock, there's a good chance someone drove his car to Whidbey Island, which is known to have gang activity as well. My theory is the that his car was the reason for his disappearance.

I don't wish to speak ill but is it possible there is prostitution activity in the area at night, and he was looking for that?

I used to commute from the Lynnwood P&R for years until recently and my husband still does. I have not seen sketchy activity there myself at rush hours or even as late as 10:00 pm, but I am cautious if I am there when no one is around; a pedestrian trail leads out of the parking area and extends for a couple of miles in each direction. To the south, the trail passes through plenty of wooded areas with brushy undergrowth and you can see evidence of camping and drinking quite often.

I have no idea what goes on around there after 2:00 am but it is liable to be sketchy. None of the commercial area around there is open that late. The bars close at 2:00.

No idea re: prostitution. Mostly you hear of that happening along Highway 99, a mile or so to the west. But I have also heard of clandestine same-sex hookups in Scriber Lake Park, which is between the P&R and Highway 99. Maybe this is relevant somehow...?

Also, until recently, there was a place nearby called Mondo's, which my son has always assured me was pretty rough.

Since Jose's phone was tracked to the Muk ferry dock, I have always wondered if he headed to Whidbey for a joyride or something and went off the road over there.

I don't know Jose but he is from my neighborhood and somehow that feels like a connection. I keep hoping he will turn up.

Regarding that freak windstorm - I forgot about that! Jose's house is reached via a main drag called Larch Way. I recall some trees were down along Larch but I don't recall exactly where. He may have been unable to drive to his house. I believe there is basically just the one way in or out to his neighborhood.

Since Jose's phone was tracked to the Muk ferry dock, I have always wondered if he headed to Whidbey for a joyride or something and went off the road over there.

I don't know Jose but he is from my neighborhood and somehow that feels like a connection. I keep hoping he will turn up.

Yeah, I, too, believe his car made it over to Whidbey, whether by Jose, himself, or by other persons. If he did travel over, he must have been in the brunt of that freakish storm. It was so strange for August weather. It is very likely he went off the road over there. Such a sad thing to happen to such a good young man who had everything going for him.

It reminds me of the Lucy Pacheco case in Hawaii:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...amp-Albert-de-Mattos-Honolulu-9-December-1965

I know the Snohomish County Sheriff's Department searched the waters around the Mukilteo ferry dock and didn't find Jose and his car, but does anyone know how extensive the search parties were between end of August and last Fall 2015? Also, are search parties still looking in the region?

I was really surprised to see there was no missing person flyer online for Jose with all the latest up-to-date information regarding his case. So I created a hi-res flyer using my BOLO design that can be downloaded, passed around, posted for social media and it can printed (300 ppi). Please share it and let's get Jose's case more exposure!

http://tiny.cc/diaz-flyer

Jose's vehicle is believed to have been found under 50 feet of water very close to the Mukilteo ferry dock. It has not yet been pulled out. I saw this in a small local paper but it is also being reported by Q13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another news link: http://komonews.com/news/local/sher...r-off-mukilteo-ferry-dock-may-be-missing-mans

The car was found "under about 50 feet of water and approximately 100 feet from the end of the Mukilteo ferry loading dock."

Does that mean Jose's car could have been on the ferry during the storm and went into the water?

Also... this local news informant states:

"There is no body visible in the vehicle. Detectives are still investigating his disappearance. The car is sitting on an anchor chain which is part of the ferry dock structure so transportation department engineers are working with detectives on a plan to recover the car."

https://www.facebook.com/DavidRoseQ13FOX/posts/1148102955212847

Wow. Where is he? So sad that the car was missed during initial searches shortly after he disappeared.

I want to say the last ferry leaves Mukilteo around 11:00 or 11:30 at night and the earliest they start up again is around 5:00 am. There are tons of people around working the dock and car decks when ferries are loading. I don't know how someone could have missed a car falling off the ferry into the water during a routine loading of cars, even in a wind storm. I wonder if they pulled video last year when he went missing? Ferry docks have cameras recording loading and unloading cars.

Wow. Where is he? So sad that the car was missed during initial searches shortly after he disappeared.

No idea where he could be. Could he still be alive? Yeah, very sad they didn't find it in the first search round. I think at that time they searched more of the beach area and not around the ferry dock.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back