1041 users online (249 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

WA - 2 month old baby, Seattle, 21 October 2015

Seattle police seek missing 2-month-old baby

"Seattle police are looking for a 2-month-old baby after her parents failed to turn her over to protective custody Wednesday morning.

Police say the baby was last seen with parents Patrick Curran and Inger Surowieki about 8 a.m. Wednesday."

http://m.seattlepi.com/local/crime/a...by-6585106.php

Patrick Curran and Inger Surowieki
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

The baby is a girl with strawberry colored hair. She weighs approx. 14 lbs.

Wonder why they were set to turn her over?
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

Please, God, no. Not another baby Chance.

I cannot help but note that baby girl is 8 weeks and her weight is listed as 14 lbs.

Twice that of baby Chance at the same age.

Please let these parents be hiding precious baby girl with relatives in a safe place.

Mom has felony and misdemeanor charges. I assume related to baby girl. Otherwise I can't imagine they would be ordered to turn her over.

Unless drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    The baby is a girl with strawberry colored hair. She weighs approx. 14 lbs.

Wonder why they were set to turn her over?

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    Mom has felony and misdemeanor charges. I assume related to baby girl. Otherwise I can't imagine they would be ordered to turn her over.

Unless drugs?
    Yes, has to be something. Previous charges shouldn't be held against you, otherwise we would have lots of parents losing their children.
    I am thinking something is currently going on, signs of drug use effecting the baby at birth? Or abuse of some sort?

Someone please refresh my middle school course in genetics:

Can two blue-eyed parents have a brown-eyed baby?

Someone please refresh my middle school course in genetics:

Yes.

http://genetics.thetech.org/how-blue...-eyed-children

Because the two genes depend on each other, it is possible for someone to actually be a carrier of a dominant trait like brown eyes. And if two blue eyed parents are carriers, then they can have a brown eyed child. Genetics is so much fun!

So all you light eyed parents with dark eyed kids, stop asking those paternity questions (unless you have other reasons to be suspicious). Darker eyed kids are a real possibility that can now be explained with real genes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wyle_E_Coyote View Post
    Yes.

http://genetics.thetech.org/how-blue...-eyed-children

Because the two genes depend on each other, it is possible for someone to actually be a carrier of a dominant trait like brown eyes. And if two blue eyed parents are carriers, then they can have a brown eyed child. Genetics is so much fun!

So all you light eyed parents with dark eyed kids, stop asking those paternity questions (unless you have other reasons to be suspicious). Darker eyed kids are a real possibility that can now be explained with real genes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thank you! That B/b stuff always confused me!

I am pretty sure that blue eyed parents can carry the dominant brown eyed gene ONLY if one of THEIR parents had brown eyes. So, I think it might be impossible to tell for sure with just the parents' eye color. (I know this is slightly OT but personally very interesting).
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

What a beauty!
    This better not turn into anything.
    I'm going to cross fingers that they don't want to turn her over because they adore her (please, please, please).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If CPS or DFCS believes that a child is endangered, why do they wait to take custody? If they are in a bad situation when they are seen, why do they leave and wait 2 days or a week or however long and then set up an appointment to take custody? Why wouldn't many people disappear with an infant? It seems to me I've been reading about many cases like this lately and I just don't get it.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I don't get it either....As soon as they determine a cause to take the child, they shouldn't wait for the parents to bring the child to court. They should go get her at once.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    If CPS or DFCS believes that a child is endangered, why do they wait to take custody? If they are in a bad situation when they are seen, why do they leave and wait 2 days or a week or however long and then set up an appointment to take custody? Why wouldn't many people disappear with an infant? It seems to me I've been reading about many cases like this lately and I just don't get it.

To me the baby's eyes looks very deep blue.

Oh thank goodness!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast