670 users online (83 members and 587 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,549

    RI - KM, 13, Woonsocket, 20 October 2015

    KM

    Woonsocket Mother Worries Missing Daughter, 13, is Being Trafficked
    " - A local family is desperate to find their 13-year-old daughter, KM, who hasn't been heard from since Tuesday. -

    Police are investigating the disappearance of 13-year-old KM of Woonsocket.

    The girl was last seen on Tuesday afternoon and her mother, JMD is worried sick.

    MD said Thursday that her daughter left the house after an argument over a cell phone and just wants her to come home safely.

    “She was in my bedroom yelling at me, and then my one-year-old started crying, and before I could finish changing his diaper, she was gone,” MD said."

    http://patch.com/rhode-island/woonso...g-trafficked-0
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-23-2015 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Remove images /change to initials.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    Oh wow....that article is very worrisome. Bless her heart....
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    500
    That is really scary! At least she has names and places to give the police. I hope they're all over it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wantagh, New York
    Posts
    4,502
    Wow. How did this 13 year old acquire such sketchy friends? I wonder how mom found out the two girls had $1000? Are they 13 to? I hope she's found soon.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    6,440
    Quote Originally Posted by ninij9 View Post
    Wow. How did this 13 year old acquire such sketchy friends? I wonder how mom found out the two girls had $1000? Are they 13 to? I hope she's found soon.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I'd be willing to bet she met these girls online. Through "friends" of "friends" kind of thing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wantagh, New York
    Posts
    4,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Mom View Post
    I'd be willing to bet she met these girls online. Through "friends" of "friends" kind of thing.
    I bet your right. Me thinks the police need to raid that motel 6. Sounds like a hotbed of illegal activity.

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    My children are young adults now so my nest is empty. Don't have anyone else to ask at the moment...so what does that 2 fingers backwards over the mouth mean, from her FB pics?
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    Well, I found mom's FB....
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    My children are young adults now so my nest is empty. Don't have anyone else to ask at the moment...so what does that 2 fingers backwards over the mouth mean, from her FB pics?
    I'm also an empty nester and I'm no expert. However, I have some a younger niece. Seeing her do it in pictures made me google it. It seems that when young girls in the US do this it can mean one of two things:

    1) When a group of girls are a subset of a larger group (i.e. within a classroom), it can be a sign to identify all the girls within a group of friends.
    2) Also used a a sign to show themselves as a "basic *****". I'm not sure if this means the same as just your "average girl" or if they are really trying portray themselves as *****es (as in a *****y person).

    In the UK, this sign means f%#$ y^%....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ's Mamu View Post
    I'm also an empty nester and I'm no expert. However, I have some a younger niece. Seeing her do it in pictures made me google it. It seems that when young girls in the US do this it can mean one of two things:

    1) When a group of girls are a subset of a larger group (i.e. within a classroom), it can be a sign to identify all the girls within a group of friends.
    2) Also used a a sign to show themselves as a "basic *****". I'm not sure if this means the same as just your "average girl" or if they are really trying portray themselves as *****es (as in a *****y person).

    In the UK, this sign means f%#$ y^%....
    Thanks for checking that out....I think with these girls its #2. I make that assessment after checking out their FB pages.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    2,258
    Not confirmed but a commenter on the patch says that she has been found and is home. http://patch.com/rhode-island/woonso...g-trafficked-0 It works now.
    Last edited by kaen; 10-23-2015 at 12:28 AM. Reason: fix ink

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    Not confirmed but a commenter on the http://patch.com/rhode-island/woonso...g-trafficked-0 says that she has been found and is home.
    This link says Not Found....so they may have taken it down. I wish she was found....how wonderful that would be!
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    My children are young adults now so my nest is empty. Don't have anyone else to ask at the moment...so what does that 2 fingers backwards over the mouth mean, from her FB pics?
    I can't believe I actually know this...

    It's a "sign" to let men know that they are for sale. A lot of celebs (high priced escorts) have a similar sign to let men in Dubai know they are for sale.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-23-2015 at 07:07 AM. Reason: No link
    Justice for Trayvon

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I can't believe I actually know this...

    It's a "sign" to let men know that they are for sale. A lot of celebs (high priced escorts) have a similar sign to let men in Dubai know they are for sale.
    That's pure craziness, isn't it? The ways of the world. I thought I knew a lot but heck, I'm falling behind.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    16,640
    Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    My children are young adults now so my nest is empty. Don't have anyone else to ask at the moment...so what does that 2 fingers backwards over the mouth mean, from her FB pics?
    Backwards peace sign. It's supposedly a gang sign but I've only ever seen it used by white people on Facebook. Often accompanied by "duck lips."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. RI RI - Katrina McVeigh, 27, Woonsocket, 3 May 1992
    By Rle7 in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 09:27 PM
  2. GUILTY RI - Savannah Smith, 8, Woonsocket, 7 May 2006
    By cammy-g in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-30-2015, 11:56 AM
  3. Found Safe RI - Daniel Britt, 6, Woonsocket, 8 Jan 2014
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 02:34 PM