1303 users online (258 members and 1045 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LA - Shade Sanguis, 39, New Orleans, 22 Oct 2015

A 39-year-old man was reported missing on Thursday (Oct. 22). Shade Sanguis' wife last saw him around 8 a.m. leaving their home in the 2600 block of Gravier Street, near the intersection of Broad Street and Tulane Avenue. Police do not know where Sanguis was going.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ssing_man.html

I think he has been missing since the 17th or 18th...

Shade's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/shade.sanguis

Nothing else?

"Boy, you better straighten up before I take out your eyes and look at your brain to see what's wrong with you."

A different article showing that he was last seen Friday, 10/16.....

The New Orleans Police Department is asking the public for help in locating Shade Sanguis, 39, who was last seen Friday (Oct. 16).

Sanguis' wife said she last saw him leaving his home in the 2600 block of Gravier Street. Sanguis, who suffers from depression, was walking and did not say where he was going, according to police. He has not been seen or heard from since.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ssing_39-.html

I am hoping he is safe and reaches out to his wife soon...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/findshade/
    just started so no info yet but pics

A relative is reporting it seems he left without his ID, phone, glasses, medication and cane. I wonder if he uses a cane to ambulate? If so, that would be an important piece of information- any difference in gait to be looking for. This definitely sounds more like self-harm or getting away more than a crime against him. Obviously, in New Orleans, that can change quickly. I saw he was in the film industry. I wonder if there was anywhere he loved to be- did he like woods? Did he like fishing? Sometimes, people will go to a final resting place in a place they find solitude and comfort in. I hope he is ok and comes home soon. he seems very loved.
    Last edited by mpnola; 10-31-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Today is his birthday. Happy Birthday!!!! Now, let us find you!

On the Find Shade page, they stated that he uses a cane, especially as it gets cold, because he has had ankle replacements. That is important information. His friend seems to be looking hard! I hope he is found soon.

http://www.noladefender.com/content/...guis-continues

I am glad they got him some exposure. I have heard NOTHING here in NOLA.

They are still looking. I have still not heard a thing locally, other than from their page. I am hopeful that if they can get momentum going, they will find him.

His mother posted in the Facebook group today that he might have a beard by now.

I think if he met with foul play or tragic accident he would have been found by now.

I would tend to think he skipped town intentionally, except he brought nothing that would ensure his comfort or mobility i.e. glasses, cane, meds for pain and for mental health issues.

I am wondering if he met someone in the days or weeks before he went missing, someone who became an influence, who maybe persuaded him to go off his meds. Who may have sheltered him or given him a ride or helped him leave the area or otherwise go down a path he wouldn't normally take in healthy circumstances. Someone who wouldn't necessarily be a contact on his phone or on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by mpnola View Post
    rsbm
    A relative is reporting it seems he left without his ID, phone, glasses, medication and cane.
    This does not sound good at all imo.
    Northern Colorado Shootings / Incidents Lists & Time Table / Detailed Spreadsheet by Forager:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ew?pli=1#gid=0

Northern Colorado Shootings Case Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...o.kzPJOvnNDQio

NoCo / Thread 1 / Possible Serial Shooter has Colorado Drivers on Edge / WHO KILLED JACOBY AND CONNOLE?

Self-harm is the first thing that comes to mind.

But there is one main thing that would point away from that:
    He lives in a very urban area ... close to the courts and city jail, with cops coming and going at all hours of the day and night. He had no money on him, so no means of getting on public transportation. If he slipped away to find somewhere private and end it all, wouldn't he be found by now? It's been 3 weeks. Not to be indelicate, but in my previous line of work I was around dead bodies quite a bit and by now you'd be able to smell a decomposing body from a distance, even one inside of a building if you're outside. In a densely populated urban area, he'd probably have been found if that's what happened.

Assuming he had no money (no wallet and people have been posted he was wearing pajamas), anywhere he went would have been on foot. As it's been noted, he used a cane to help him walk so he couldn't have gotten too far on foot.

One of his family members posted that when he walked out of the house, he'd just gotten into an argument with a friend, and that he'd been drinking. Also that he frequently went up to the roof of his apartment building (with no wallet/glasses/etc) so it wasn't unusual for him to leave the house like that. Knowing who the friend was and what was the nature of the argument would help.

If he did leave the house angry with the intention to go up to the roof and cool off, and met up with someone who had ulterior motives (drive a wedge between him and his wife? or his family? or friends?) they could have helped him with money, pain meds, clothing etc. and had someplace for him to go.

Going off meds prescribed for mental health issues can do a number on someone's state of mind. He might not be in his right mind or realize that people are searching for him.

If I were the family I'd be canvassing the apartment building and surrounding neighborhoods very carefully. I think someone knows something and is not telling.

Can anyone find him in NAMUS? His family is stating his profile was submitted a week ago, but I am not seeing him. Does anyone know how long it takes to go active?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast