RI RI - Kim Lehigh, 21, West Warwick, 15 Oct 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Kim Lehigh
9087456_G.jpg

Former URI student reported missing
"WEST WARWICK, R.I. -- Police are investigating the Oct. 15 disappearance of a former student at the University of Rhode Island, a West Warwick detective confirmed Friday.

Detective Sgt. Jeffrey Petrarca said the disappearance of Kim Lehigh, 21, is under investigation and that he couldn't release any information.

According to information publicly available on her Facebook page, www.facebook.com/kim.lehigh, she says she is studying education at URI and lives in Johnston. She last posted on Sept. 20."

http://m.providencejournal.com/article/20151023/NEWS/151029596
http://www.abc6.com/story/30338746/former-uri-student-reported-missing

Photos are from the Article: 9087465_G.jpg9087467_G.jpg9087471_G.jpg

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=37074863

West Warwick police probe disappearance of ex-URI student
By The Associated Press | Posted Oct 23rd, 2015 @ 6:11pm

WEST WARWICK, R.I. (AP) — A West Warwick detective says police are investigating the Oct. 15 disappearance of a former student at the University of Rhode Island.

The Providence Journal reports that Sgt. Jeffrey Petrarca said the disappearance of 21-year-old Kim Lehigh is being investigated and that he could not provide details.

URI officials said Friday that they are "deeply concerned" about Lehigh's disappearance.

The university said Lehigh was last enrolled for the fall 2014 semester as a journalism student. University police and the Division of Student Affairs are cooperating with West Warwick police.

Screenshot (587).jpg
she's registered with the lost and missing group. Still not found, as far as I can tell...
http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2015/10/missing-kim-lehigh-21-west-warwick.html

She's been missing for almost TWO YEARS... Why is there no current information on her? No website dedicated to finding her?

It's like she disappeared and everyone forgot about her... what's going on? Am I missing something?

Also can't find her in NAMUS, so I'm attempting to add her...

Her favorite quote:
"You've got two legs and a heartbeat; what's stopping you?"~ Inuyasha

Screenshot (588).pngScreenshot (589).png

This is an article written by the URI student newspaper... Kim had a boyfriend, Mike Canton... I wish I could tell when this article was written... They began dating around New Years (but what year?)

http://jor221project6.wixsite.com/jor221project6/from-fantasy-to-reality-kim-l-

From Fantasy to Reality: Kim Lehigh
By Victoria Seligman
KINGSTON, R.I- Have you heard the name Kim Lehigh? Maybe not yet, but pretty soon that name will be on every best selling fantasy and fiction novel in the country.

Leigh was raised in rural Johnston, Rhode Island and at the young age of six began reading anything she could get her tiny hands on. Leigh grew up on Dr. Seuss and was on to thousand pagers by the age of twelve. At that point reading was no longer a hobby for Leigh, it was a necessity.

Irked by the monotony of school, Leigh sought solace in the vast worlds of J.K Rowling and J. R. R, Tolkien.

“It takes me away from life and everyday stress and allows me to be free”

While some kids got their phones taken away during class, Lehigh got her books taken away. A simple interest quickly became an obsession for Lehigh and she’s yet to give in and put the book down.

“I’d be sailing on the ocean, or riding a horse”

Fiction and fantasy are redefined by the way Kim vividly experiences what she’s reading. “When I am reading,” she said in an excited whisper, “I don’t see the ceiling, or the floor, or this chair. I’m in an entirely different world." However, the world of the fantasy novel isn’t the only alternate reality Lehigh escapes to in order to keep her life interesting.

As I walked into a room to meet Lehigh for our late night interview, little did I know I was about to walk in on a full blown Pokémon tournament. Names and terms that I had never heard of were being thrown around along with colorful cards and glossy marbles. I felt like I was in some underground poker tournament except instead of Kings, Queens and Jacks there were Mews, and Pikachus.

I finally understood the allure. These players don’t have money on the table, they have a lot more a stake. They don bright Charizard belts and dragon clad beanies and show up like warriors ready to win or lose.“There’s good days and bad days,” explained one of Lehigh’s friends and opponents with her eyes moving, fixed on the table as she carefully placed her cards.

It wasn’t long before I understood the piece of plastic called a badge isn’t what they play for at all. They play for the rush of the game, the much earned victory dance, and for the chance of a small sweet taste of fame at the end of a day drained by reality. Kim explained, “I put myself in the roll of the trainer. I immerse myself in that world.”

For Kim Lehigh her passion for the world of Pokemon took an unexpected turn when sparks of love began to fly between her and her new adversary, Mike Canton. This romance began with rivalry, burst into a love connection and currently consists of a healthy balance of the two.

“He says the stupidest pickup lines,” Kim told me rolling her eyes.

I asked what his best is and Kim replied in a honky tonk accent, “are you from Tennessee? Cuz your the only ten I see.”

They began dating officially this past New Year’s when Mike asked Kim out in a haze of fireworks and champagne. They’ve have been inseparable ever since, except maybe after a heated Pokémon match.

Although gaming is a big part of Kim's life, she has turned her fascination with reading into a career priority and is currently studying at the University of Rhode Island.

Kim Lehigh is headed full throttle into the world of fantasy writing and it’s only a matter of time before she’ll be creating intricate worlds for children, teens and even adults to escape to. For a girl who delves into the world of fantasy, her dreams seem just on the cusp of becoming reality.

“It takes me away from life and everyday stress and allows me to be free”

can someone give me some feedback on this? How does a girl go missing and no one cares? I emailed a reporter and this is what she said:

"That’s very strange… it looks like she was reported missing and coverage basically stopped after that.
Do you (or does anyone you know) have any connections to Kim’s family/friends?"

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 2:44 PM
To:
Subject: Story Idea: College Student Missing for Two Years? Everyone forgot about her?

"Emily,
This girl, Kim Lehigh, has been missing for almost TWO YEARS... and no one seems to be doing anything? She was a URI student and she just disappeared and everyone went on with their life... But it's weird... When that other URI student went missing in April of 2016, there was a website to look for her etc. This girl, Kim Lehigh, isn't even in the NamUs database... What is going on?"

Her boyfriend was out of the country in July, 2015 and it looks like he was out of the country around the time she went missing.... Semi-questionable, no? Then he doesn't post anything until Oct, 2016... and zero mention of Amy Lehigh..

I need help putting her into the NamUs database....

Bumping for Kim, still missing approaching 4 years later.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest
Back