820 users online (112 members and 708 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NV - Cryotherapist found dead inside ice chamber

NBC:

Nevada Cryotherapy Salon Manager Found Dead Inside Cryochamber

A young salon manager was found dead inside a cryochamber where she is thought to have suffocated, according to police and local media reports.

Employees at Rejuvenice in Henderson, Nevada found the body of Chelsea Ake, 24, inside one of the ice machines earlier this week, NBC station KSNV reported.

Ake, the manager of the business, is thought to have gone into one of the cryochambers on her own, it said.
    ---
    more at link above

What a horrible way to go.....I hate to even think about this.

A puzzler.

"All devices are equipped with numerous safety features and doors are never locked, which allows clients to stop treatment instantaneously at any time," according to Rejuvenice's website.
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/manager-su...2.html#hsyRr2C

Agree. But hopefully the business had cameras so i can rule out the last person who left and supposedly seen her closing things down or even possibly walking in there.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Agree. But hopefully the business had cameras so i can rule out the last person who left and supposedly seen her closing things down or even possibly walking in there.
    ---
    “It's very frustrating to know because you know there are no cameras in there,” Shae-Lynn Bee said. “Basically, the only person that does know what happened is Chelsea."
    http://www.news3lv.com/mostpopular/s...RDgzmlbQw.cspx

By "in there," I suppose she means the cryochamber itself. So we'll see -- has to be some reason for the cops' ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    ---
    http://www.news3lv.com/mostpopular/s...RDgzmlbQw.cspx

By "in there," I suppose she means the cryochamber itself. So we'll see -- has to be some reason for the cops' ruling.
    It seems like that icing chamber is too dangerous. -240 degrees in 3 minutes. But maybe it was suicide or accidentally press the wrong time. I guess it will depend the position her body was found. Idk
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

I'm thinking most likely shock from a dramatic drop in temp. Idk if it gradually drops on its own or manually. Maybe a setting malfunction occured. Idk

Does anyone know what the use is for this cryotherapy? Reminds me of the deaths in the hot rock chamber some time ago.

It is so bizarre, it almost sounds like a murder mystery- like an episode of Elementary or Castle...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

She should have had someone else there with her unfortunately. Do these pseudo treatments ever do anyone any good other than to help them part with their money, and in this case her life? I doubt it.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Wth, reminds me of Columbo.

What used for: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryotherapy

"...the local or general use of low temperatures in medical therapy. Cryotherapy is used to treat a variety of benign and malignant tissue damage, medically called lesions. .... The most prominent use of the term refers to the surgical treatment, specifically known as cryosurgery. Other therapies that use the term are whole-body cryotherapy[2] and ice pack therapy."

The 'salon' ref and 'Rejuvenice' business name made me think more along the line of elective aethestic/med-spa treatments like Botox rather than trad. med treatments. Googling 'Rejuvenice Henderson' sent me to groupons & yelp. It's puzzling.

In any case, sad, sad, sad.

Beautician who died in cryochamber 'was using the machine by herself, died within seconds and could have suffocated'

Chelsea Ake, manager of Rejuvenice salon in Nevada, found dead Tuesday

Medical examiner told family she 'died within seconds'

An official cause of death has not been determined

Preliminary reports suggest Ake may have suffocated from gases

Cryotherapy is a controversial 'medical therapy' where the body is briefly exposed to to air temperatures at minus 240 degrees Fahrenheit

Machines are never used for more than three minutes at a time

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3pgpBGxwF

No Offical Cause of Death, Oct 26. Temp? Gases? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Beautician who died in cryochamber 'was using the machine by herself, died within seconds and could have suffocated' ....
    An official cause of death has not been determined
    Preliminary reports suggest Ake may have suffocated from gases....
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3pgpBGxwF

sbm^ Per link, machine is used for up to 3 min, so can person die 'in seconds' inside chamber? Is cold temp the CoD?

What gases are inside chamber, present to be inhaled, cause injury, or suffocation death? Equip properly functioning or malfunctioning? Can phantom evildoer pump other deadly gas into chamber? If gases, is CoD suffocation or poison?

"Investigators have ruled Ake's death as 'operator error', with preliminary findings suggesting she used the machine after-hours and without assistance and may have suffocated inside."

If there is no official CoD yet, maybe 'op error' is jumping the gun. IDK.

A commenter says suffocation in nitrogen is surprisingly fast. "Quoting Wikipedia:
    'According to the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board, in humans, “breathing an oxygen deficient atmosphere can have serious and immediate effects, including unconsciousness after only one or two breaths. The exposed person has no warning and cannot sense that the oxygen level is too low.” In the US, at least 80 people died due to accidental nitrogen asphyxiation between 1992 and 2002.[3] Hazards with inert gases and the risks of asphyxiation are well established.'" bbm ^Link to USChem does not link to ^ quote.

Was Henderson cryochamber an oxygen deficient atmosphere which would cause Nitrogen Asphyxiation Death? Does system normally pump oxygen into chamber so person inside can breathe? Is NA^ more likely than temp as CoD? Maybe we need patience until autopsy report is released.
    Med professionals? Anyone?

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
    FWIW, re nature of Rejuvenice services, Ms Ake & recent interview w Las Vegas newspaper for article published Oct 22.
    "...describing a hydrofacial, one of the treatments offered by the salon: ...[peel, exfoliate, other steps] '...we apply a serum that protects the outer layer of the skin and moisturizes it. We like to do the cryofacial afterward because it helps seal everything in.'” http://jezebel.com/salon-worker-feat...die-1738649255
    Last edited by al66pine; 10-26-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast