1288 users online (250 members and 1038 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dog Lies for Hours in Road Where Owner Fatally Struck

~ snipped ~

A Florida woman was fatally struck by a big rig truck Friday and for hours afterward her dog remained at the scene, lying down in the road where the accident happened.

Read more at ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/24...ims-his-owner/

LE is looking for the trucker, who left the scene.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Unhappy

so sad... that poor doggy is grieving. I hope he finds a new loving home soon.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Poor Paco. This breaks my heart to pieces.

5c9fd590-9af0-4b0f-9a60-1d9d2361e2cf_zpsxfmo1dgo.jpg

I hope they find the coward trucker.

Mods, please let me know if I need to remove the pic. I'ts huge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by U2forever; 10-25-2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: The pic of Paco was too big.

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA

Heartbreaking.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    All posts are MOO!

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    so sad... that poor doggy is grieving. I hope he finds a new loving home soon.
    From the article:

The station reported that Black’s family took the dog home. The family said the pair were inseparable.
    Sounds like the victim's family is interested in keeping Paco, but seems he and Kelly had a special bond. A video here shows Paco's tail wagging as he's reunited with other family members:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/ne...i-truck/nn8KT/
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Very sad story. It also shows how EMT/Authorities treat animals during a medical emergency.

It is quite common for a person to be removed from a home and hospitalized while any pets they have are left behind to starve to death. Animal control is not notified, the EMT/Police just pack up the injured person and lock the house up with the animals inside.

People have woken up in the hospital 2-3 weeks later only to discover their beloved dog/cat starved to death during that time.

It makes you wonder if there isn't some way that EMT/Authorities can't get the RSPCA or Animal Control notified to call around to an address where the occupant has been taken to hospital.
    This happened to someone I know - his cat was still inside his house after an ambulance had taken him to hospital. He regained conciousness in intensive care unit (two weeks later) and tried asking the nurses who did not know what he was talking about. So he kept asking for a friend and giving their phone number. This worked.
    When his friend went to his house, his poor cat was still alive. Luckily he did not always close cupboard doors. The poor cat helped herself to her bags of cat food, then the packets of biscuits and bread. There were two toilets in the house after her water bowls were dry. After that there was only the dripping tap while she still had the strength to jump up on the bench.
    The friend arrived in time to save her.
    I often wonder if there isn't some way EMT/Authorities can notify the RSPCA or Animal Control to call around to an address where the occupant has been taken to Hospital, it is a tragic situation for all concerned.
    Last edited by Meryl12; 11-03-2015 at 08:50 PM. Reason: To include RSPCA and Animal Control