Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said.

"And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

3 months, still no sign of missing toddler
Chelsea Brentzel
POSTED: 10:39 PM MDT Oct 09, 2015 -- UPDATED: 10:51 PM MDT Oct 09, 2015

LEADORE, Idaho - After a three month investigation into the disappearance of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr., law enforcement is going back to the drawing board and re-interviewing everyone involved that day...
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11
Thread #12 Thread #13

[video=youtube;7Gm_SPAmsRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gm_SPAmsRE[/video]

From about 1:04 to 1:40 on the right side, you can see the drop-off to the creek. I assume that's the embankment where Grandpa said he last saw Deorr. That's a big drop.

To me, that drop looks WAY steeper and further down than what Nate pointed out.

From about 1:04 to 1:40 on the right side, you can see the drop-off to the creek. I assume that's the embankment where Grandpa said he last saw Deorr. That's a big drop.

Yes, that is much steeper than what I imagined.

Yes, I remember he said that, but that aerial view looks much steeper, to me. Are we sure it's the same place?
It sure doesn't look like the same place....does it

It does look like a big drop in that part of the video, but I think some of that is due to the angle of the camera. If you look at the straight-on shot of the campground near the end of the video it gives a different perspective.

The thing that struck me is that the woods around the campground really are not that thick. It looks like pine trees without a lot of underbrush.

It does look like a big drop in that part of the video, but I think some of that is due to the angle of the camera. If you look at the straight-on shot of the campground near the end of the video it gives a different perspective.

The thing that struck me is that the woods around the campground really are not that thick. It looks like pine trees without a lot of underbrush.

I'm pretty sure I read a LONG time ago the description of the Salmon-Challis National Forest and IIRC it was pine trees and sagebrush. IMO since I'm too tired to find the link.

Yes, I remember he said that, but that aerial view looks much steeper, to me. Are we sure it's the same place?

Is there any way to find out what type of camera that drones use? Because to me, it looks steeper because of a fish eye lens, like those used in Go Pro cameras.

I think so?

Nate's video

Uz8b.png

New drone video

Vz8b.png

I think the drone may be equipped with wide angle or fish eye lense which will distort. These distortions can later be flattened using editing software. I think this is a raw, unedited drone video.

IMO those vehicles to right would be rolling down the embankment if it was as steep as it looks in the drone video.

Whenever I see pictures of the campsite from a cameraman or from a drone or airplane my eye always goes to those huge areas of what looks to me like sagebrush.

It's about 3 - 4 ft tall and is everywhere. A child could easily be in there and nobody would see them. Perhaps some clue that a child was once in there might be found when it all dies down for the Winter.

Watching Nate's video just now how steep the drop off to the creek. It's not open where you can see down stream and up stream. Full of branches and rocks.

This has to be terrible searching for your toddler son. You want to find him and then again you don't. :(

I think the drone may be equipped with wide angle or fish eye lense which will distort. These distortions can later be flattened using editing software. I think this is a raw, unedited drone video.

IMO those vehicles to right would be rolling down the embankment if it was as steep as it looks in the drone video.

Actually, what I'm talking about is not a slope going toward the embankment, but the close-up from the top of the embankment going down to the creek. In the video, THAT looks much steeper than when Nate showed it in his clip. So I've asked if that's the same area? Nothing to do with this open area. I hope this is clear.

Whenever I see pictures of the campsite from a cameraman or from a drone or airplane my eye always goes to those huge areas of what looks to me like sagebrush.

It's about 3 - 4 ft tall and is everywhere. A child could easily be in there and nobody would see them. Perhaps some clue that a child was once in there might be found when it all dies down for the Winter.

Watching Nate's video just now how steep the drop off to the creek. It's not open where you can see down stream and up stream. Full of branches and rocks.

This has to be terrible searching for your toddler son. You want to find him and then again you don't. :(

I think they have garnered some strength yet are very emotional, understandably. At this point I think they desperately want to find their son and bring him home - no matter what. :-(. My heart goes out to them. May the Lord continue to give them strength and ease their pain with the promise that no matter what, and if little DeOrr has met his Father in Heaven, that he is now cradled in His loving arms. God Bless Little DeOrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member