1307 users online (261 members and 1046 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeJudi View Post
    Angelonline

I think the reason you've had no reply is because we really don't know. This is the best I can offer from the SCA itself, and there’s nothing else of interest in the link.

"A written judgment is usually handed down shortly after the argument."

http://www.justice.gov.za/sca/aboutsca.htm

All 5 judges will already have read the trial transcript together with the Heads of Argument re the appeal. I imagine they have already made up their minds by now subject only to listening to oral argument. The court has allowed one day for this appeal, although Barry Roux said his argument would take 5 hours - which I don’t believe he’ll be granted.

Once the appeal is over on Tuesday the court will no doubt announce when it's decision will be handed down. We may have to wait a couple of weeks at most.
    Thank you so much for "coming to the rescue" here!

I found this of interest under Court Roll which appeared on subject link... the names of the five judges on the panel:

Tuesday: 3 November 2015
    COURT A
    5. Director of Public Prosecutions, Gauteng v Oscar Leonard Carl Pistorius - 96/2015 (GP)
    Judges: Mpati P, Mhlantla JA, Leach JA, Majiedt JA, Baartman AJA

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/the-...ring-you-31359

(One of the) Tips For Not Accidentally Murdering Your Girlfriend

Remain generally cognizant of the fact that three gunshots to the head and torso will, in most situations, fatally wound a person, and that this fact will, therefore, likely apply to your girlfriend as well.

State's argument that Pistorius murdered Steenkamp is strong - criminal law expert

According to Booth, the small size of the toilet cubicle, coupled with the four shots Pistorius fired through the door could bolster the State's appeal.

http://www.news24.com/Live/SouthAfri...xpert-20151020

Quote Originally Posted by ApplesInMyBra View Post
    State's argument that Pistorius murdered Steenkamp is strong - criminal law expert

According to Booth, the small size of the toilet cubicle, coupled with the four shots Pistorius fired through the door could bolster the State's appeal.

http://www.news24.com/Live/SouthAfri...xpert-20151020
    And the fact he used expanding bullets meant he couldn't have not known the damage they'd cause.

I wonder how much money was given to her family. I only ask because they seemed satisfied with the 5 year sentence at first. And they are not causing too much of an uproar now.

It was said that Reeva did try to help them financially. So did OP just give them money to hush their thoughts about him.

Idk. But they seemed too forgiven. Jmo
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    I wonder how much money was given to her family. I only ask because they seemed satisfied with the 5 year sentence at first. And they are not causing too much of an uproar now.

It was said that Reeva did try to help them financially. So did OP just give them money to hush their thoughts about him.

Idk. But they seemed too forgiven. Jmo
    I think June said they were going to pay back every penny (about £6000). They took the money because they couldn't afford the rent, and I guess they didn't want to worry about losing their home at such a difficult and stressful time. I'm sure it stuck in June's craw to accept money from him so they must have been absolutely desperate. The money issue came up towards the end of the trial and it must have been really mortifying for the Steenkamps to have it aired in that way. Some people can't understand why they accepted it, but I can. Desperation can mean doing things you'd never normally do, and I bet Reeva, who was generous and kind hearted to a fault, would never have held it against them.

Quote Originally Posted by soozieqtips View Post
    I think June said they were going to pay back every penny (about £6000). They took the money because they couldn't afford the rent, and I guess they didn't want to worry about losing their home at such a difficult and stressful time. I'm sure it stuck in June's craw to accept money from him so they must have been absolutely desperate. The money issue came up towards the end of the trial and it must have been really mortifying for the Steenkamps to have it aired in that way. Some people can't understand why they accepted it, but I can. Desperation can mean doing things you'd never normally do, and I bet Reeva, who was generous and kind hearted to a fault, would never have held it against them.
    I agree. You don't want to be evicted while attending your daughter's murder trial. But to accept money from her killer and say that you're content with Massipa ruling and sentence is ridiculous. So it seems like op lawyer made them sign a be content clause with the money that was given. Jmo.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    I agree. You don't want to be evicted while attending your daughter's murder trial. But to accept money from her killer and say that you're content with Massipa ruling and sentence is ridiculous. So it seems like op lawyer made them sign a be content clause with the money that was given. Jmo.
    ....which makes you wonder if they could do that with Reeva's family how about Frank ?........

....Mr Fossil and JJ's blog has been closed !.....

Quote Originally Posted by Colin de France View Post
    ....Mr Fossil and JJ's blog has been closed !.....
    Sorry, we are 'resting' it for the moment but hope to be able to put it back up soon.
    "O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!" Sir Walter Scott

I really am still hoping that Frank will pop up someday and tell everything he saw or heard that night.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I really am still hoping that Frank will pop up someday and tell everything he saw or heard that night.
    The world would say "Thank you" to him, he would be the next Hero or Golden Boy (perhaps not in SA).

Panel of experts unpack Oscar Pistorius appeal case (video 15 mins)

Part 1 - https://youtu.be/wreqXAv_jXM

Part 2 - https://youtu.be/bkhM_zWUwAQ

Hi judge Judy and Mr. Fossil, I cannot for the life of me access your wordpress link. It says I have to be invited or a member??? I am accessing from Dubai and am dying to read your report on trajectories and everything else you guys do. Please can you help? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeJudi View Post
    Wow, imagine coming here first. Where is everyone - fast asleep I guess.

Mr Fossil and I look forward to hearing all your comments and questions. We're still working hard, looking at things, researching and discussing in order to get as much out as quickly as we can. Things will be updated from time to time but Mr Fossil will let you know.

Let me assure you that a great deal of research has been and is still being done. We decided to take a forensic approach rather than theorize on what may or may not have happened. We're letting the evidence speak for itself as much as possible but ultimately it's your decision as to whether or not you agree with our conclusions. We hope you're enjoying our blog.

Hey saraomar, let me point you to an earlier post by Mr Fossil:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    Sorry, we are 'resting' it for the moment but hope to be able to put it back up soon.

Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast