Doctors Refuse To Help Woman Giving Birth On Airplane

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
The airline says the woman started having contractions seven hours into the 12-hour flight.

Los Angeles, CA -- A Russian airline delivered more than it bargained for on a flight from Moscow to Los Angeles.

A woman traveling on the Aeroflot flight gave birth on the plane with the help of flight attendants. Two doctors on board refused to help, but the airline did not say why.

The airline says the woman started having contractions seven hours into the 12-hour flight. And the pilot requested a landing at the nearest military airport in Canada. But he was told the runway was too short for the Boeing 767 and continued on to Los Angeles.

The delivery went well and the woman was able to leave the plane on her own carrying the baby boy.

http://www.wfmy.com/watercooler/article.aspx?storyid=48466

I could hazzard a guess and say they did not want to have any liability if something happened to the baby.

The Doctors don't know her history, her condition, or the medical history or condition of the baby.

My question being: This women must have been at least 7 months pregnant, aware of her due date, so why was she on a plane anyways.......

hi cass! maybe this is a good thing. i wonder how much vodka one can consume during seven hours into the 12-hour flight of a Russian airline flight.

lex said:
wonder how much vodka one can consume during seven hours into the 12-hour flight of a Russian airline flight.
Hmmm... well the pilot can do a 40 oz-er
drunksong.gif

I'm wondering if the baby was born mid-flight, what country would the child be considered a national of ? Russia or United States or whatever countries airspace they happened to be in at the actual birth moment??:confused:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back