901 users online (131 members and 770 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MS - Man Held For Capital Rape Of 5-Year-Old, Forest, 2005

A local man is being held in jail without bond after admitting that he raped a 5-year-old girl who was visiting his home last week.

Gilberto Chim, 26, of 311 N. 10th Ave., Forest, was charged with capital rape after the child's father reported to police that the child was bleeding, said Police Chief Mike Lee.
    Lee said the crime scene and the child's condition were "horrible."

"The brutality of this rape was the worst I've ever seen," Lee said.

The father alerted authorities to the rape at approximately 9:30 p.m. last Wednesday when he realized the child was bleeding, Lee said.

The child was playing with Chim's children in Chim's home when the rape occurred.
    The child has difficulty speaking, Lee said. He said he believes Chim preyed on the child for that reason.

"I feel like she was a victim because of her limited vocabulary," he said.
    Police contacted the Department of Human Services, who responded immediately.

The child was taken to Lackey Memorial Hospital and then transferred to University Medical Center where she underwent surgery.
    The child is currently in protective custody with DHS, Lee said. Though her father is not a suspect in the case, DHS felt they could better serve the child's needs because her father speaks little English. They are working with the father to put the child in his custody as soon as possible, Lee said.

http://www.sctonline.net/articles/20...cal/news73.txt

They removed her from her fathers custody? INSANE! Like the kid hasn't been through enough? If child protective services were so concerned because of his language barrier why not provide an interpetor?

I'm with you, Linda. That poor little girl! I bet the father is frantic as well. Our Child Protective Services need revamped in EVERY state! This is beyond my comprehension.

Gilbert Chim

Housed: Mississippi State Prison
    Entry Date: 11/03/2006

Offense: Statutory Rape
    Sentence: Life

Offense: Sexual Battery
    Sentence: 10 years

Heart breaking.

This child is almost 10 years old now. In some capacity the little one got a life sentence.

Just heart breaking.

5 year olds have a keen memory, and this horror will not go away anytime soon. I pray she receives the therapy and nurturing she needs (and has needed) for the past 5 years. I pray for her.

Not much to say about the scumbag, but hope he gets a bit of his own medicine in prison. Baby rapists are the worst of the worst.

MOO

Mel

I wish we could put a stop to this. As a society we are doing something wrong, very wrong.

im lost as to why they took her out of her dads custody? cause he speaks little english? seriously? Maybe he was an illeagal but what does that have to do with how he can take care of his daughter? he went to the cops for help and thats what he got.

Prayers go out to all the child this pos has hurt. Since he had children himself I doubt she was his only victim.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.