Train derailment in Chicago

THis is unreal. The viaduct collapsed!. I am from this area and all my brothers live in the area.

Brefie said:
Are they ok, JBean??
I am sure they are fine,but, 3 of my brothers ride the commuter trains every day. I can only imagine if this was a workday morning. While I don't think this was a commuter as it was inbound from Joliet, they all use the same tracks and this is just blowing me away.
I'm waiting to hear from one of my brothers, but would appreciate any updates.

Watching CLTV......
125 passengers - 47th and wentworth - 20 ambulances on scene

Brefie said:
Watching CLTV......
125 passengers - 47th and wentworth - 20 ambulances on scene
was a commuter..this is awful..but Monday thru Friday could have been much much worse.

This is a metra...hopefully your brothers use the 'L'

15 - 20 mph - happened at 8.36am - 5 or 6 cars - 30 people saying they need to go to hosp - was very scary - people hysterical

Please excuse the typing - trying to get facts.....

Brefie said:
This is a metra...hopefully your brothers use the 'L'

15 - 20 mph - happened at 8.36am - 5 or 6 cars - 30 people saying they need to go to hosp - was very scary - people hysterical

Please excuse the typing - trying to get facts.....
No they use the commuter trains, not the "L" .

Brefie said:
JBean - please let us know when you confirm they are ok :)
THanks Brefie..I am sure they are fine there is no reason to think they were on or near that train. It's just that there are a LOT of people that use those trains to commute every morning, my brothers included, and I am anxious to find out the reason for the derailment.There are so many commuters in the Chicagoland area , so you can imagine the impact this will have. Just glad it wasn't Monday at 8:30.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back