Identified! MI - Lake Co., Skeletal remains in woods, Oct'15 - Terry Mahan

skydelta3574

Reaction score
Human bones, flashlight, bits of clothing found in Lake County woods

A hunter found skeletal remains in the woods in Pleasant Plains Township Tuesday afternoon.

The bones were found off of Baldwin Road.

The Lake County Sheriff's Department says the bones are those of a human adult.

The Lake County Sheriff's Department, the State Police Crime Lab and the aviation unit with a drone collected evidence that will be sent in for examination.

The bones were sent to an anthropologist at Michigan State University.

Deputies say the bones were in woods for at least a year. Also found at the scene were bits of clothing and a flashlight.

Detectives will be working to see if they can remove any fingerprints off of the flashlight as long as the batteries haven't leaked. Investigators tell us there was not tissue or flesh discovered on the bones.

Deputies say it is unknown at this time if the remains are male or female. The cause of death is unknown at this time.

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/human-remains-found-in-lake-county

Hoping it is one of our (Michigan) missing women. So that their families have some kind of peace :(

Hoping it is one of our (Michigan) missing women. So that their families have some kind of peace :(

I wonder. These remains are just over an hour from where Jessica Herringa and Bobbie Maples went missing from.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Identified! Terry Mahan of Baldwin, MI.

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/skeletal-remains-found-in-woods-identified-as-2013-missing-man

The Lake County Sheriff's Office says the skeletal remains found in Pleasant Plains Township were examined at the Michigan State Anthropology lab. Dental records helped investigators identify the skeletal remains as 61-year-old Terry Mahan of Baldwin.

According to Lake County Sheriff's Office, Mahan was reported missing by his landlord in 2013. Officers contacted several agencies including the Veterans Hospital and no one had any contact with Mahan. Detectives tried to find his family but were unable to find any living family members.

Using my genealogy skills I was able to assist the Lake County Sheriffs in locating relatives of Terry Mahan in KY. May he rest in peace.

Using my genealogy skills I was able to assist the Lake County Sheriffs in locating relatives of Terry Mahan in KY. May he rest in peace.

Do you know which part of KY his family is from?

This is weird, but I kinda felt like that sounded like a "local" name.
I don't know of any body named "Mahan" personally, but just know that I've heard the (sur)name a few times before.
...like somebody my parents went to school with, someone my grandparents knew, somebody somebody I know worked with or was kin to, somebody's preacher, etc.

B/T/W I'm from near Bardstown in Central KY near Louisville

That's awesome, thank you for doing that.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back