GUILTY Australia - Zoe Buttigieg, 11, murdered in her Wangaratta home, 25 Oct 2015

Thanks Scooby I was looking for a thread on little Zoe. What a beautiful little girl, how dare this scum take her life!

MOO!!

Thanks Scooby I was looking for a thread on little Zoe. What a beautiful little girl, how dare this scum take her life!

MOO!!

Indeed an awful awful crime!

He was familiar to the family, but not well known.
Zoe was an only child from what I have read :(

* sorry mods I may have this thread in wrong spot!

The girl was found dead by her mother in her home in Inchbold Street, Wangaratta, about 11am on Sunday.

Maddigan was arrested walking barefoot along the Hume Freeway, about 10 kilometres from her house about 6.30am on Sunday.

There was a party at the house on Saturday night, and an altercation is believed to have occurred after midnight.

So, I can surmise from the article that...

1) Maddigan was at the house Saturday night attending a party. Who's guest was he? And how well does this person know Maddigan?
2) There was an altercation at the party around midnight (presumably between Maddigan and someone else). Who was this other person? Was it with someone related to Zoe? Someone who was a friend of the family? Or, someone completely unrelated?
3) Maddigan was picked up by LE on Hume Fwy a few hours later (6:30am) walking barefoot. What prompted LE to pick him up? Was it just because he was walking on the Fwy? Or was he acting odd?
4) At 11:00am Zoe's mother discovers her deceased in her bedroom. Did Zoe always sleep that late? Did her mother let her sleep that late because of the previous night's party? Or, did the mother only wake at 11:00am (because she slept in) and then check on Zoe?

This article leaves a lot of details unanswered. What an awful thing to happen to little Zoe. I really hope her family and friends get justice.

This is truly tragic! Mama JoJo I think you've got it covered!
I think he was acting strangely and wearing just shorts and a singlet. The mornings are still fresh and you never see anyone walking along the highway!

Scoobysnack - yes she was an only child and her father passed away 6 years ago.

Bowe Maddigan admits murder, sexual assault of Wangaratta schoolgirl Zoe Buttigieg
ABC News
Updated Fri Aug 12 16:21:18 EST 2016
Posted Fri Aug 12 10:15:51 EST 2016

'A man has pleaded guilty to murdering and sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl after a marathon drinking and cannabis-smoking session at a house in Victoria's north-east.

Bowe Maddigan, 30, of Mildura, was charged with committing an indecent act on, and murdering Zoe Buttigieg in her Wangaratta home in October last year.

Maddigan previously denied the charges at a hearing in Wangaratta Magistrates Court in May but changed it during a hearing in the Supreme Court in Melbourne.'

'Police had initially believed Maddigan to be mentally unstable but psychologists later disagreed.

He will be sentenced at a later date.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ads-guilty-to-murdering-zoe-buttigieg/7723236

30 year old Bowe Maddigan has been arrested and pleaded guilty over the horrific and shocking sexual assault and murder of 11 year old Zoe Buttigieg. He admitted to the crime after Zoe’s body was found lifeless in October last year.
Bowe had been drinking bourbon and had also consumed cannabis prior to committing his horrific crime. After entering a guilty plea to murder and committing indecent sexual assault with a child under 16, he faces up to 25 years to life in prison.

full article: http://bit.ly/2bmWivu

If Zoe was killed in Oct 2015 (or shortly before body was found) and defendant has already pled guilty in August 2016, seems like a (relatively) speedy trial, as least compared to so many in the US. Small consolation.

RIP Zoe. Healing to your family, friends & community.

30 year old Bowe Maddigan has been arrested and pleaded guilty over the horrific and shocking sexual assault and murder of 11 year old Zoe Buttigieg. He admitted to the crime after Zoe’s body was found lifeless in October last year.
Bowe had been drinking bourbon and had also consumed cannabis prior to committing his horrific crime. After entering a guilty plea to murder and committing indecent sexual assault with a child under 16, he faces up to 25 years to life in prison.

full article: http://bit.ly/2bmWivu

62ff8f0e966c415a97935a068ae6dce9.jpg

#JusticeForZoe
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry that there are creeps who do these terrible things to the beautiful children in our world.

Rest in Peace, sweet Zoe
:rose::rose::rose:

Recently sentenced this perp .
A senseless murder of a completely innocent child

layout app for photos

Heartbroken family of murdered Zoe Buttigieg, 11, speak out as killer Bowe Maddigan is sentenced

'THE family of slain Zoe Buttigieg has spoken out about its devastation as Bowe Maddigan is sentenced for the rape and murder of the 11-year-old during a house party last October.

Around 40 family members attended the sentencing hearing by Justice Lex Lasry which entered its second day at Wangaratta Courthouse in northern Victoria on Friday.'

'Zoe’s mother Janelle Saunders told the court in an impact statement that “life as I know it has finished for me”.

She could not comprehend how Maddigan could have “such utter contempt for life” that he would murder a girl like Zoe — a happy, loving and fun child.

“It just hurts so bad,” she wrote on Facebook. “Zoe was an only child and had so much life ahead of her.

“I just can’t believe that someone would be so sick and evil and take a child’s life away.”'

'Ms Saunders and supporters stormed out of the court when Maddigan’s lawyer started to read a brief apology letter to the court.'

'Justice Lasry may reserve his sentencing decision to a later date.'

"The man who sexually assaulted then murdered Zoe Buttigieg, 11, has been sentenced to life in prison.

Bowe Evan Levi Maddigan, 31, was sentenced to at least 28 years behind bars by Victorian Supreme Court Justice Lex Lasry in Wangaratta on Monday.

Those assembled in the court burst into applause when Justice Lasry handed down the sentence."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...igan-sentenced-life-prison.html#ixzz4TFqaxJ8K

May Zoe Buttigieg Rest In Peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back