765 users online (129 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

KY - Dana Gritton, 17, Louisville, 26 October 2015

Dana Gritton

PARENTS: Missing teen daughter left behind money, cell phone and debit card
    "The parents of a Fern Creek teenager say they’re doing everything they can to find their missing daughter. Now, they’re asking for the public’s help.

Dana Gritton, 17, left her phone, money and debit card at home on Monday and hasn't been seen since.

"It's a devastating, frightening feeling to not know where your child is and as the hours tick away, it's horrible," said Dana’s mother Holly Gritton.

She and her husband Mark have not seen their daughter in more than 48 hours. They're using every resource to find her including social media and a private investigator."

Dana's parents say one of their neighbors noticed a suspicious car parked out in front of their home, and when he noticed Dana getting inside the car, he took a picture of the license plate."

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30378994/p...and-debit-card
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

"We actually caught it on the camera her going out the door and leaving and taking her cat with her," said Holly. Dana’s computer is also gone and her parents found a receipt for a prepaid phone. But they're still not sure who she left with or why she hasn’t been in touch.

She voluntarily got into a silver Ford Contour with Kansas plates 246-ELQ. Dana is 5’5" and 120 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. Officers believe she may be with a Latin man. “And what we did learn was this gentleman that she left with has been hanging out at her school for about a week, week and a half meeting her in the parking lot," said Holly.

She and her husband think their daughter met the man online and left with him on her own - but they're not sure if she's in danger.

This kind of stuff makes me sick, I hope that she's OK.

http://www.wdam.com/story/30386485/d...d-missing-teen

Good for the neighbor getting the pic of the full plate when he thought something was suspicious.

They ought to know exactly who she's with thanks to that, but it sort of sounds like since it's voluntary they aren't very worried (though clearly this girl was groomed by the guy since he'd been seen the week prior)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...910707&fref=ts

I hope they get her and her cat home safely.

From the photos on her FB that are visible to the public, she's got as many as the cat or her and the cat as she does of herself!

I think if they don't get BOTH back I suspect she might go right back to try to get it.

Scroll down to 4 hours ago now searching FB with the plates of the suspect car to Dana's mom, HPG https://www.facebook.com/search/str/...d/stories-live

Lots of info including the guy IS from out of state (but they believe actually MO, not Kansas as the plates might indicate) and that they may be headed to Georgia or Florida. At least one sighting of the car reported in Georgia. But concerns about him taking her back to MO also.

They think his name is Jose, he's driving a silver Ford Contour, have been told it's loud and blows black smoke, and has Kansas plates 246-ELQ.

Now considered endangered missing (they were hoping for that) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9680318&type=3

Prepaid phone receipt found.

Elsewhere mom said they thought they had gone above and beyond to prevent something like this being able to happen.

Monitoring software on the phones and devices when the kids got them, computer time in a public part of the house, not letting them to go out with people until they'd met them, and if it was a boy, spent time with them themselves also.

Moved to a safe place, always had helmets, researched safe cars (for the family and once the kids were driving) and emphasized family and faith.

And Dana's FB, at least, is publicly quite locked down. Only a few pics and most feature the cat, can't see friend lists (bummer for trying to see if we can sleuth up the guy's possible info from that somehow though!) and no posts visible, just a few photos. The only way to find some of her friends are who liked the few pics or commented on them.

In so many ways they did SO much more than most families and yet Dana still found a way to meet someone.

Her family is clearly very frantic and heartbroken

It's a devastating, frightening feeling to not know where your child is and as the hours tick away, it's horrible," said Dana’s mother Holly Gritton.

She and her husband Mark have not seen their daughter in more than 48 hours. They're using every resource to find her including social media and a private investigator.

LMPD put out a flyer Wednesday calling Dana an “Endangered Missing Person.”

"We actually caught it on the camera her going out the door and leaving and taking her cat with her," said Holly.

Dana’s computer is also gone and her parents found a receipt for a prepaid phone. But they're still not sure who she left with or why she hasn’t been in touch.

I wonder if the cat has a microchip ... just in case they become separated.

Noooooo......Not another one in KY!

Meeting people you met on line can be so dangerous. A coworker went out on a date with a guy she met from Louisville on line. He took her to a park there and killed her. Then he stole her car. All of that just to steal a car. And then he was so stupid he parked the car outside his house. Needless to say, he was found and arrested right away. All of us at work were devastated, but not nearly as much as her poor family.

I hope this guy doesn't hurt her!
    Last edited by KYPastTracker; 10-30-2015 at 01:02 AM.

I wonder why they aren't releasing info on who the car is registered to since they got the plate #......
    Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    I wonder why they aren't releasing info on who the car is registered to since they got the plate #......
    Anybody know?
    Probably because they don't have any evidence that a crime has occurred. The "age of consent" is 16 in Kentucky. Dana is 17 and left willingly. Even if the man is over 21 it would only be statutory rape if he was in a position of authority over Dana.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    Anybody know?
    I figured that would have been the next bit of information released.

Something about taking her cat with her sets off my hinky meter and I can't even say why. It just feels wrong and scary.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Probably because they don't have any evidence that a crime has occurred. The "age of consent" is 16 in Kentucky. Dana is 17 and left willingly. Even if the man is over 21 it would only be statutory rape if he was in a position of authority over Dana.
    Would it matter if he took her across state lines?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Would it matter if he took her across state lines?
    I don't think so, unless he is holding her against her will.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast