This might explain why Houston has been hit so hard.

deanws

Former Member
Reaction score
https://www.second.org/Data/docs/Report.pdf

Pay special attention to the "HOW LONG" section on page two. Perhaps this is why Houstonians are having a hard time coping with this. It explains a lot of things. Overall, I believe this is a very good study of the situation at hand.

deandaniellws said:
Yes. It is really sad a family business like that has been washed away. It was their tradition as well as their job. That must be a double wack.

Yes, it is. There will always be bad apples but for the most there is devastation. I have spent a lot of time this week in shelters and such and I can only say for my part, that the people are glad someone is there to hug them. Since I am not moneyed, greed is not a consideration.It was more like can I use your cell phone and thank you for explaining that form to me and real mundane stuff. Mostly, they look shellshocked. Just trying to find an inth to normal. The work has been so helpful to me personally but I hope I helped a few.

And on a greed note I hope they all succeed tremendously and want to buy huge houses in Atlanta. Just trying to be lighthearted.J/K.Not my mission or otherwise I would already be there.

concernedperson said:
Yes, it is. There will always be bad apples but for the most there is devastation. I have spent a lot of time this week in shelters and such and I can only say for my part, that the people are glad someone is there to hug them. Since I am not moneyed, greed is not a consideration.It was more like can I use your cell phone and thank you for explaining that form to me and real mundane stuff. Mostly, they look shellshocked. Just trying to find an inth to normal. The work has been so helpful to me personally but I hope I helped a few.

And on a greed note I hope they all succeed tremendously and want to buy huge houses in Atlanta. Just trying to be lighthearted.J/K.Not my mission or otherwise I would already be there.
LOL.. I am glad you are able to help. One member of the family that is here with us is a teacher. I hope she will be able to find work next year. Right now she is working as a waitress. :dance: She wants to be doing something to help her family. As of now, they are considering staying here.

deandaniellws said:
LOL.. I am glad you are able to help. One member of the family that is here with us is a teacher. I hope she will be able to find work next year. Right now she is working as a waitress. :dance: She wants to be doing something to help her family. As of now, they are considering staying here.

Tell her to contact Forsyth County in Georgia. They are always looking for good teachers. This county is north of the metro area but growing in leaps and bounds.It is very safe and I think coming from New Orleans she would be thrilled. Some of the best people I know live there. Kind of urban countryside if you know what I mean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back