758 users online (109 members and 649 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Russian passenger plane crashes in Sinai, Egypt Prime Minister says

Cairo, Egypt (CNN)A Russian passenger airliner crashed Saturday in the Sinai, Egypt's Prime Minister Sharif Ismail said in a statement.

Russian state media reported that the plane was carrying 224 people. The Prime Minister is meeting with ministers and security officials regarding the crash.

Last edited by trigger; 10-31-2015 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Forgot link
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Thanks for opening this thread.
    There may be a possibility of survivors.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...u1G?li=AAa0dzB

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    Thanks for opening this thread.
    There may be a possibility of survivors.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...u1G?li=AAa0dzB
    From the msn link:

Egyptian security sources said there was no indication that the Airbus jet had been shot down or blown up.
    The plane was at an altitude of 31,000 feet (9,400 meters) when it vanished from radar screens, it said.
    So what happened?

If there are survivors they must be terrified. I hope they're rescued soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CNN is reporting on TV that the plane was 23 minutes into the flight when the pilot said they were having technical difficulties and requested an emergency landing at the nearest airport. The plane then disappeared from radar.

ETA - Every time I try to link the article, it comes up with the video instead so I have completely deleted it.
    Last edited by watcher9; 10-31-2015 at 07:01 AM. Reason: posted the wrong link

Here is another link that provides live updates.
    Start at the bottom and work your way up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...pdates-6739456

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrymple...rm=.ji88NjE5MV

"The plane was carrying 217 passengers, most of whom are thought to be Russian tourists, and seven crew members, AFP reported.

Security officials in Egypt have said that the airliner is completely destroyed, according to local media, and it was initially expected that none of the passengers on board will have survived the crash.

But officials at the scene told Reuters that voices of trapped passengers could be heard in sections of the Russian airliner's wreckage, Sputnik News said."

Woah. I hope there are survivors. I wonder what the terrain is like?
    Using Tapatalk

The link above says -

The Airbus A-321 jet was flying from the Egyptian Sinai Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to St Petersburg in Russia when it went down in a desolate mountainous area of central Sinai soon after daybreak.

^^ not good.
    Using Tapatalk

No survivors.

This is another terrible tragedy there are photos of the victims including children at the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ai-desert.html (I wish they wouldn't take photos of the grieving family members at the airport it's a step too far very intrusive and not right.)

May all the crew and passengers rest in peace the victims and their families are in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    No survivors.

It's terrible when I read the plane had been completely destroyed and went down vertically I didn't think there was any hope. I hope the passengers were spared the knowledge the plane was in jeopardy for as long as possible. The crew must have gone through hell desperately trying to save everyone it's horrifying to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    It's terrible when I read the plane had been completely destroyed and went down vertically I didn't think there was any hope. I hope the passengers were spared the knowledge the plane was in jeopardy for as long as possible. The crew must have gone through hell desperately trying to save everyone it's horrifying to think about.
    Ripped in half and passengers still buckled to their seats. What a disturbing image. I feel bad for the emergency workers too.

One of the articles linked above stares technical problem caused the crash. How can they know this already, unless the pilot reported a problem before the crash. Same article indicates a militant group has claimed to have caused the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    One of the articles linked above stares technical problem caused the crash. How can they know this already, unless the pilot reported a problem before the crash. Same article indicates a militant group has claimed to have caused the crash.
    One of the articles I read said the last thing they heard from the pilot was something about technical problems. I've seen nothing to suggest it was shot down, in fact I've seen several statements saying there's no evidence it was.

A report in July by military expert IHS Janes said Islamic State affiliate group Wilayat Sinai had propaganda videos in which militants are seen with a type of man-portable air defence systems (SA-18 Igla MANPADS), which can reach about 10,000 feet.

The airliner was said to be travelling at least 31,000 feet, before it made a steep descent as it crashed.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...pts-sinai-live

This ^ Guardian link continuously updates with the latest.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast