1077 users online (243 members and 834 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    549

    Site of attack on JNS: Can it lead to clues about Jacob?

    If this perp escalated his assaults from getting local kids in his neighborhood, to picking up Jared (and maybe others) and assaulting him in his car and releasing to picking up Jacob and not releasing that shows a pattern of change. Why would he revisit a previous location? It seems it was in a pattern of escalation, where he may go to assault a boy may not be the same place he would dump a body. He seemed to like some excitement and possibility of getting caught by choosing boys out of a group for example and letting Jared out after he had seen him and his car. Very risky. He also seemed to vary his location so I think that he is unpredictable even though he was clearly escalating his behavior at the time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY YOU! View Post
    If this perp escalated his assaults from getting local kids in his neighborhood, to picking up Jared (and maybe others) and assaulting him in his car and releasing to picking up Jacob and not releasing that shows a pattern of change. Why would he revisit a previous location? It seems it was in a pattern of escalation, where he may go to assault a boy may not be the same place he would dump a body. He seemed to like some excitement and possibility of getting caught by choosing boys out of a group for example and letting Jared out after he had seen him and his car. Very risky. He also seemed to vary his location so I think that he is unpredictable even though he was clearly escalating his behavior at the time.
    Excellent point. I think there are many different angles to "where" the assault might have occurred. But given what we know, there is no other lead as to where the assault might have occurred. Therefore, logically, we should look in the only place we know about.
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun View Post
    Excellent point. I think there are many different angles to "where" the assault might have occurred. But given what we know, there is no other lead as to where the assault might have occurred. Therefore, logically, we should look in the only place we know about.
    But wouldn't it be logical that since he was escalating his behavior and no longer going back to the same location then he would take Jacob somewhere completely different? But I agree, if we knew where Jared's pick up and assault were then I would definitely do a thorough search in those areas.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY YOU! View Post
    But wouldn't it be logical that since he was escalating his behavior and no longer going back to the same location then he would take Jacob somewhere completely different? But I agree, if we knew where Jared's pick up and assault were then I would definitely do a thorough search in those areas.
    Right, that is my point. That's what we know right now, so we should find out where JS's assault occurred. On your first point, totally agree. It might be only a slim chance, but it is some chance.
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    549
    Now that I think about it, DJH was keeping items of his victims so it may be that he put Jacob's body where he could go back and re-visit him periodically. I know that is something a murderer may do and since we know that he already collected souvenirs from his victims, it does not seem unreasonable that he would go back and revisit Jacob's body and/or the scene of the crime.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY YOU! View Post
    Now that I think about it, DJH was keeping items of his victims so it may be that he put Jacob's body where he could go back and re-visit him periodically. I know that is something a murderer may do and since we know that he already collected souvenirs from his victims, it does not seem unreasonable that he would go back and revisit Jacob's body and/or the scene of the crime.
    I was thinking something similar. If LE knew about this guy this long, they could have run a con job on him and got him to reveal where the remains were. I know they have rules they have to play by, but I think it could have worked.
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    569
    As for the location of the assault, does anyone have any more detail? All I know is that JS indicated it was rural, on a gravel road and he thinks in the direction of Richmond.
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Cloud MN
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun View Post
    Right, that is my point. That's what we know right now, so we should find out where JS's assault occurred. On your first point, totally agree. It might be only a slim chance, but it is some chance.
    Why would he return to the JS site to assault JEW? The scene has already been busted. Plus if he knows he just left his tire tracks on the rassier driveway, the road JS was assaulted on was dirt too. How dumb could you be to connect your vehicle to two different places?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    Why would he return to the JS site to assault JEW? The scene has already been busted. Plus if he knows he just left his tire tracks on the rassier driveway, the road JS was assaulted on was dirt too. How dumb could you be to connect your vehicle to two different places?
    If JS was assaulted on a dirt road, then we have established a pattern. A small pattern but perhaps this is one of his consistencies? Maybe his plan was to assault Jacob down the dirt road and drive away in that direction but his plan failed when he saw the DR house and had to turn around and exit the property.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun View Post
    I was thinking something similar. If LE knew about this guy this long, they could have run a con job on him and got him to reveal where the remains were. I know they have rules they have to play by, but I think it could have worked.
    This would be a valid reason for keeping DR the POI. It would give DJH a false sense of security and perhaps make him feel that he could move about without anyone watching his actions. Makes sense to me.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    89
    I wonder where the National Guard trained during that time frame? In one police interview Heinrich said he didn't remember what he was doing on that Sunday, but most Sundays he just drove around town or rented and watched a movie. I wonder if records are still around that show if the Willmar guard trained that weekend?

    http://www.startribune.com/what-we-k...h/338508931/#1

    The link above said this:

    Heinrich served as a specialist in the Minnesota National Guard out of Willmar from February 1982 until Nov. 24, 1991, when he was discharged under honorable conditions, according to the Minnesota National Guard. (Although the National Guard was part of the Wetterling search in 1989, it is unknown whether Heinrich was involved in the search.

    Maybe his time training would have enabled him to find out of the way areas?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY YOU! View Post
    But wouldn't it be logical that since he was escalating his behavior and no longer going back to the same location then he would take Jacob somewhere completely different? But I agree, if we knew where Jared's pick up and assault were then I would definitely do a thorough search in those areas.
    I believe Jared was assaulted on a farm. He reported seeing some type of light there. There was something unique about the light. If I recall correctly IMO.
    "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." - Matthew 2:18

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherOcean View Post
    I believe Jared was assaulted on a farm. He reported seeing some type of light there. There was something unique about the light. If I recall correctly IMO.
    He thought that he saw the lights from the Richmond ball park in Munson Twp. The car stopped shortly after they passed the ball park. He looked out and thought he could see lights from the City of Richmond.

    Page 49 of the pdf.

    http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...-Optimized.pdf
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherOcean View Post
    I believe Jared was assaulted on a farm. He reported seeing some type of light there. There was something unique about the light. If I recall correctly IMO.
    In the two assaults he used two different cars. He made "exaggerated turns" to keep JS from figuring out where they were. And I doubt a man of this means had many places in the countryside in that area where he felt comfortable committing a crime like this. It was rural on a gravel road, toward Richmond and on a farm. I see no reason to think he wouldn't have used the same spot twice. I think there is a small but worthwhile chance that forensic evidence in the JEW case could be found there. Wouldn't hurt to look.

    And about a 15 minute drive from the Side Cafe in Cold Spring.
    Last edited by Sigrun; 10-31-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Moroe info
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,303
    If Jared was indeed assaulted on a farm, and I am almost certain that he was, then that is another commonality with Jacob's abduction; it being on the driveway of DR's farm. That always stuck in my mind as a coincidence. That's why I remembered it. But, I am not familiar with the local area, so I figured there are many farms there. But, if there are not all that many, then perhaps DJH was aware that there was a farm at the end of DR's drive-way. I have to wonder if there is a connection between DJH and the Rassier family. Maybe DJH thought that DR had gone overseas with his parents. Could he have thought that no one was at the farm? But, I doubt he would be that brazen... to attempt to both abduct and assault in the same property. He knew there were witnesses so he certainly wanted to flee the area quickly. But, it is a coincidence nonetheless.
    "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." - Matthew 2:18

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Too many clues
    By madeleine in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 02:47 AM
  2. NJ Albert Philip Jacob (8) & Alfred William Jacob (8) - Plainsboro NJ, 2008
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 01:07 AM
  3. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 02:01 AM

Tags for this Thread