793 users online (70 members and 723 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I thought it was Shergal or Shay maybe that knew of the location. I could be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One day, I want to look him in the eye and say, 'I never gave up.'" ~Patty Wetterling

Quote Originally Posted by nmogren View Post
    I thought it was Shergal or Shay maybe that knew of the location. I could be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, Shergal said,

"... quarry or pond near that church in Richmond."

But that was all I saw in her posts. No specifics. And I don't see any property north of Richmond and 5 miles from Cold Spring that fits the description either. I'll check for churches and quarries as well.
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun View Post
    Well, just searched again with different terms and no luck. All I've found is a report from the Star Tribune that he was taken "5 miles" to some place "north of Richmond". I've probably read all these JEW threads and I don't recall an exact location being mentioned. Is there some search term I'm missing?
    Did you see this thread? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1989-13/page72

Quote Originally Posted by livstabler View Post
    Thanks !! Unfortunately, it doesn't specify the location at all. ELOCSoul says he wasn't sure of the location and it is not on the map he posted.
    All statements made by me in this venue, in the past, now and in the future, are my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no intent or design, ulterior or otherwise, in the content I provide save for the determination of a most probable narrative of events. Any other effects are purely coincidental and unintentional.

Yea, Shergal said,

"... quarry or pond near that church in Richmond."

But that was all I saw in her posts. No specifics. And I don't see any property north of Richmond and 5 miles from Cold Spring that fits the description either. I'll check for churches and quarries as well.
    CGorg and I followed all these clues long ago; a dirt road, farm with distinctive silo light, there is a church near the spot now that was not there in 1989, near Bell's Hill, etc. We both made up maps on our own using google maps of where we thought the location was. There was only one spot that now had a church by it. When we compared them through PMs on here, we found we were really close to each other. We were pretty sure that was the spot. There was (and still is) a small pothole or quarry right off the dirt road. I still have the maps, but really hesitate to post them here, because it was all SPECULATION.

What would make more sense to me, is to just ask Jared the exact spot. (I'm sure Stink and all the locals from Cold Spring know where it is also.) However, LE has known the exact spot ever since they drove Jared out there. So I'm quite sure FBI and BCA and local LE have already searched that spot back in 1989-90. I'm not sure what you could expect to find there 26 years later. JMO
    Last edited by shergal; 11-01-2015 at 12:57 AM. Reason: typo

So, we have another basic fact in this case turning into a "big mystery". On the morning of 22 October JEW went fishing right about here:
    17298 Honeysuckle Rd
    Cold Spring, MN 56320
    45.504787, -94.464129
    The most reliable information we have on where JS was assaulted comes from the search warrant, Kare 11 and Pat Doyle of the Star Tribune:

It was north of Richmond - about 5 miles from where JS was picked up
    It was at a farm, on a gravel road which had a distinctive light and one grain silo (probably just one)

I'm going to try to "weld" this info together and see what happens.

So, we have another basic fact in this case turning into a "big mystery". On the morning of 22 October JEW went fishing right about here:
    17298 Honeysuckle Rd
    Cold Spring, MN 56320
    45.504787, -94.464129
    The most reliable information we have on where JS was assaulted comes from the search warrant, Kare 11 and Pat Doyle of the Star Tribune:

It was north of Richmond - about 5 miles from where JS was picked up
    It was at a farm, on a gravel road which had a distinctive light and one grain silo (probably just one)

I'm going to try to "weld" this info together and see what happens.
    Hmm....If you're headed north on 193rd avenue and take a right on Glenwood road there's a farm on the right with a huge silo really close to the road. It's north and slightly east of Richmond. I can't see the silo clear enough to be able to tell if anything is mounted on top though....It looks taller than most though.

Quote Originally Posted by bodester413 View Post
    Hmm....If you're headed north on 193rd avenue and take a right on Glenwood road there's a farm on the right with a huge silo really close to the road. It's north and slightly east of Richmond. I can't see the silo clear enough to be able to tell if anything is mounted on top though....It looks taller than most though.
    Yep, I see it. There are dozens of silos in this area. I'm trying to match up all these features and can't find a single match on the north side of Richmond.

Update: No combination of church and silo either.
    Last edited by Sigrun; 11-01-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: more info

Yep, I see it. There are dozens of silos in this area. I'm trying to match up all these features and can't find a single match on the north side of Richmond.

Update: No combination of church and silo either.
    True, I forgot about a church being near....I'm not finding anything north either. I'm going to go back and reread the articles that talked about where he drove. Maybe I'll notice something that I missed before.

Quote Originally Posted by bodester413 View Post
    True, I forgot about a church being near....I'm not finding anything north either. I'm going to go back and reread the articles that talked about where he drove. Maybe I'll notice something that I missed before.
    Thanks, I've found one candidate. The coordinates are for where I think the assault could have occurred. It had a gravel drive in 1991 but also a gravel turnoff across the street hidden from the highway by trees. But it had a direct view back to the house, lights and a silo. It is 5 miles from Cold Spring, north-east of Richmond but direct enough to have allowed them to pass by the Richmond Ball Park and for the POI to return to Cold Spring from the north:

45.475913, -94.479657

Based on searches done so far, I don't think the "gravel" drive is the drive to the property. It must be an adjoining drive. Going to base my search on that now.

BTW: I found what I think Shergal found and she said it was speculation. I don't think this is it because it doesn't match the verifiable facts from the warrant: unlikely they passed the Richmond Ball park to get there, not 5 miles outside Cold Spring but right outside (newspaper) and no way this drive could have taken 15 minutes from where JS was picked up. So, I think the Church is a red herring.

And: the original silo is gone, but was there in 1989.
    Last edited by Sigrun; 11-01-2015 at 03:35 PM. Reason: more info; grammar

This site is on DJH's way home to Paynesville from St. Joe. I do not think it is far fatched that DJH would have stopped with Jacob at the same place as the assault on JS. I do agree with others that I doubt much evidence is left in the area after 26 years, unless Jacob was buried around there. Without a confession by DJH, probably hard to find much. Is there ground-penetrating radar technology available to search for buried remains?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleutherish View Post
    This site is on DJH's way home to Paynesville from St. Joe. I do not think it is far fatched that DJH would have stopped with Jacob at the same place as the assault on JS. I do agree with others that I doubt much evidence is left in the area after 26 years, unless Jacob was buried around there. Without a confession by DJH, probably hard to find much. Is there ground-penetrating radar technology available to search for buried remains?

"unless Jacob was buried around there"

That is what I was driving at all along. Yes, if you know the general area you can search for anomalies in the ground.
    Last edited by Sigrun; 11-01-2015 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Interestingly, that same property could have been seen from a gravel road to the south. This road led to an abandoned farm site that was abandoned as early as 1991 (not sure about 1989)

Interestingly, that same property could have been seen from a gravel road to the south. This road led to an abandoned farm site that was abandoned as early as 1991 (not sure about 1989)
    By plugging the coordinates you gave of Jacob's fishing trip on 10/22/89 and your suspected site for JS assault, it appears it is 6 minutes by car between the 2 sites. Wow.

Thanks, I've found one candidate. The coordinates are for where I think the assault could have occurred. It had a gravel drive in 1991 but also a gravel turnoff across the street hidden from the highway by trees. But it had a direct view back to the house, lights and a silo. It is 5 miles from Cold Spring, north-east of Richmond but direct enough to have allowed them to pass by the Richmond Ball Park and for the POI to return to Cold Spring from the north:

45.475913, -94.479657

Based on searches done so far, I don't think the "gravel" drive is the drive to the property. It must be an adjoining drive. Going to base my search on that now.

BTW: I found what I think Shergal found and she said it was speculation. I don't think this is it because it doesn't match the verifiable facts from the warrant: unlikely they passed the Richmond Ball park to get there, not 5 miles outside Cold Spring but right outside (newspaper) and no way this drive could have taken 15 minutes from where JS was picked up. So, I think the Church is a red herring.

And: the original silo is gone, but was there in 1989.
    Wow. I bet that's it. If you sat in that pull off area you would be able to see cars that came from the east and any cars that were coming from behind you wouldn't be able to see you until they had passed. If you wanted to stay hidden and see any cars approaching it would be a perfect area. It reminds me of a place a cop would sit or where high school kids would park. I think you found it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast