1065 users online (218 members and 847 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1032
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    7,107

    AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

    Wynarka suitcase murder victim identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce;
    her mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was also violently killed


    20 October 2015


    Khandalyce Kiara Pearce **************Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson

    THE little girl whose body was found in a suitcase near Wynarka has been identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, born in Alice Springs in 2006.

    Her mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson was also brutally murdered, and dumped in Belanglo State Forest south of Sydney.

    A joint investigation into their deaths has now been launched by SAPOLís Major Crime Branch and the NSW Homicide Squad.

    The circumstances and place of the murders is yet to be determined, but they were last seen in late 2008 and Ms Pearce-Stevensonís skeletal remains were found in August 2010.

    SA and NSW police today revealed that the breakthrough began on October 8 when a caller to Crime Stoppers said Khandalyce was possibly the little girl in the suitcase. The caller had not seen Khandalyce or Ms Pearce-Stevenson for some time and believed they were missing.

    (more at the link)
    ARREST.

    Belanglo death: Detectives charge Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson acquaintance with murder

    OCTOBER 29, 2015 9:44AM

    DANIEL Holdom, 41, has appeared via video link at Maitland Court charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson.

    His bail was refused and he was remanded in custody to appear at Sydney Central Local Court on November 12.

    Police today have confirmed for the first time that ĎBelanglo Angelí Karlie, 20, was killed before her daughter Khandalyce.

    In a short press conference in Sydney this morning, police said Karlie was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008, and that tragically her daughter was kept alive for some time after her murder.

    It comes after an acquaintance of Karlie was charged with her murder.

    The Daily Telegraph can reveal Daniel Holdom was taken into custody at Cessnock police station by homicide detectives at 4.15pm yesterday.

    He was charged with one count of murder late last night relating to the death of the 20-year-old mother ó but has not been charged over the murder of her two-year-old daughter Khandalyce.

    Read more



    Take Note: Daniel Holdom has been charged with the murder of Karlie Pearce Stevenson and the laws of sub judice now apply. This means that his case is under judicial consideration. His prior convictions are off limits here and any mention of them will be deleted immediately.

    Do not post anything here that could be detrimental to the prosecution of this case. If there is anything you're unsure of, feel free to contact me privately.


    Rules Etiquette & Information

    AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

    Thread #1 Thread#2 Thread #3 Thread #4

    Previous Wynarka threads:

    Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

    Mum's Thread#1

  2. #2
    LoriMcA's Avatar
    LoriMcA is offline June 4, 2010...never forget...never give up...
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    'The Peg' on The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    542
    Just a few of my thoughts on the location of different items of possible interest on the road at Wynarka...
    I don't believe there is a particular significance in the cairn shown near the location of the remains...JMOO
    The picture D shows approx location pointed to on the map and street views from 2007, 2010 & 2014.
    2007 & 10 are virtually identical in placement other than the picture quality which greatly improved in 2010.
    In Sept 2014 the cairn has been relocated approx 5-10 feet east and out from the bushes. For what reason...I don't know but I do note there are also other cairns ...one in particular further west just a couple minutes walk...
    I don't know the practices & history of Australia as much as I would LOVE to..but I do know here in Canada you see small cairns like this quite often particularly in the North.
    Up there they are called Inukshuk. They can be extremely large...or very tiny...often in the likeness or shape of a person. You will find them virtually anywhere someone chooses to create them. Roads, mountain sides...cliffs...beach...lakeside...
    On the southern roads here you will see them on occasion. I was always told people just built them to say 'I was here' ...and leave your mark...This has gone on for thousands of years.
    They are each unique and quite intriguing. If you google them they are quite spectacular if I do say so!


    Anyways back to my graphic. I will point out the location/description...if I work on it I'm sure I will figure out a way to make an actual map with markers ...rather than a 'flat' visual ...I have yet to figure out saving and labelling a google map!


    A - Approx location where little K's remains & suitcase were found. The picture shows an odd object *someone had noticed & shown this earlier also but for the life of me I can't remember who...I'm sorry!* This is almost directly behind...and in the tree branches from where LE had set up their blue tent. Paper? Sheet? Flattened cardboard box?
    B- Object also on the south side of the highway in the bushes further back but before the train tracks. Appears to be a dark suitcase or possibly a tire?
    C- The black tub? has been mentioned...I don't know if this is 'the' one...to me it looks about party keg size? I could be off with distance to the article from the roadside but it definitely looks like a keg shaped rounded container of some sort...
    D- 3 street views from 2007-2010-2014 of the cairn. The cairn was first located right beside the bush...directly east of the 'blue tent' set up...2014 was slightly more east & out in the open...
    If this has been discussed or visualized previously ...I do apologize...I hope it helps in some way...
    Also...the entire east-west route between point A and point C is 1.2 km.
    All visuals were from 2014 except where noted on the cairn dates.



    Of course all the pictures of 'things' are entirely speculation as to what they actually are...or when they actually were put or dropped there...
    MOO...I don't believe suitcase man is relevant to this case either...the stories just don't seem to mesh for me...wasn't he supposedly seen since little K's remains were found? I could be wrong on that...JMOO...
    I know there was road work done on that highway since the last streetview...it's actually quite obvious from even the 2014 streetviews of the road..and the new pictures from the discovery...new pavement for sure...
    Do we actually know when the suitcase...& little K's remains were left there? I understand if there were workers out on the road that you would think it would have been found...and yet...the apparent suitcase was also driven by a few times where it was caught on dash cam...and from reports it was apparently opened and wound up in different places...


    So what I'm thinking is...if it were hidden fairly well to begin with...possibly years ago...maybe it was only 'discovered' recently...
    Maybe someone out geocaching thought it was a find & realized once they'd dragged it out that it wasn't what they'd been looking for & saw it filled with clothes & left it?
    Just my thoughts working overtime on it...But could it possibly have been out there all this time & been overlooked for most of that time? I just don't know...thoughts?


    Enough rambling from me...just some thoughts..of course JMOO always.
    Attached Images Attached Images




    &



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriMcA View Post
    I don't know the practices & history of Australia as much as I would LOVE to..but I do know here in Canada you see small cairns like this quite often particularly in the North.
    Up there they are called Inukshuk. They can be extremely large...or very tiny...often in the likeness or shape of a person. You will find them virtually anywhere someone chooses to create them. Roads, mountain sides...cliffs...beach...lakeside...
    On the southern roads here you will see them on occasion. I was always told people just built them to say 'I was here' ...and leave your mark...This has gone on for thousands of years.
    They are each unique and quite intriguing. If you google them they are quite spectacular if I do say so!

    Well here in South Australia where I do live, out in the Mallee we drive very fast from place to place without stopping because there's pretty much nothing scenic there just the same darn trees everywhere. A lot of the travel times between places of interest are inconveniently long but not long enough that they justify making it a multi-day trip so we make break stops short and to the point. If we get out of our car to pee then we don't tend go traipsing round looking for rocks to stack with no real reason because quite frankly suitable rocks aren't that common, most of the time you're going to poke around under vegetation and leaf litter to find them and then have to lever them out of the ground, and that's a great way to get bitten by a spider or snake while you're an hour's driving as-fast-as-is-legal from the nearest hospital and 3 hours drive from the nearest excellent hospital. Admittedly Wynarka is a little closer to Adelaide than that but still... rock stacking not really a thing here unless you're marking something.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,271
    I wonder if Monday will bring some good news. It has been fairly quiet (which is natural - not much happens on the weekend).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriMcA View Post
    Just a few of my thoughts on the location of different items of possible interest on the road at Wynarka...
    I don't believe there is a particular significance in the cairn shown near the location of the remains...JMOO
    The picture D shows approx location pointed to on the map and street views from 2007, 2010 & 2014.
    2007 & 10 are virtually identical in placement other than the picture quality which greatly improved in 2010.
    In Sept 2014 the cairn has been relocated approx 5-10 feet east and out from the bushes. For what reason...I don't know but I do note there are also other cairns ...one in particular further west just a couple minutes walk...
    I don't know the practices & history of Australia as much as I would LOVE to..but I do know here in Canada you see small cairns like this quite often particularly in the North.
    Up there they are called Inukshuk. They can be extremely large...or very tiny...often in the likeness or shape of a person. You will find them virtually anywhere someone chooses to create them. Roads, mountain sides...cliffs...beach...lakeside...
    On the southern roads here you will see them on occasion. I was always told people just built them to say 'I was here' ...and leave your mark...This has gone on for thousands of years.
    They are each unique and quite intriguing. If you google them they are quite spectacular if I do say so!


    Anyways back to my graphic. I will point out the location/description...if I work on it I'm sure I will figure out a way to make an actual map with markers ...rather than a 'flat' visual ...I have yet to figure out saving and labelling a google map!


    A - Approx location where little K's remains & suitcase were found. The picture shows an odd object *someone had noticed & shown this earlier also but for the life of me I can't remember who...I'm sorry!* This is almost directly behind...and in the tree branches from where LE had set up their blue tent. Paper? Sheet? Flattened cardboard box?
    B- Object also on the south side of the highway in the bushes further back but before the train tracks. Appears to be a dark suitcase or possibly a tire?
    C- The black tub? has been mentioned...I don't know if this is 'the' one...to me it looks about party keg size? I could be off with distance to the article from the roadside but it definitely looks like a keg shaped rounded container of some sort...
    D- 3 street views from 2007-2010-2014 of the cairn. The cairn was first located right beside the bush...directly east of the 'blue tent' set up...2014 was slightly more east & out in the open...
    If this has been discussed or visualized previously ...I do apologize...I hope it helps in some way...
    Also...the entire east-west route between point A and point C is 1.2 km.
    All visuals were from 2014 except where noted on the cairn dates.



    Of course all the pictures of 'things' are entirely speculation as to what they actually are...or when they actually were put or dropped there...
    MOO...I don't believe suitcase man is relevant to this case either...the stories just don't seem to mesh for me...wasn't he supposedly seen since little K's remains were found? I could be wrong on that...JMOO...
    I know there was road work done on that highway since the last streetview...it's actually quite obvious from even the 2014 streetviews of the road..and the new pictures from the discovery...new pavement for sure...
    Do we actually know when the suitcase...& little K's remains were left there? I understand if there were workers out on the road that you would think it would have been found...and yet...the apparent suitcase was also driven by a few times where it was caught on dash cam...and from reports it was apparently opened and wound up in different places...


    So what I'm thinking is...if it were hidden fairly well to begin with...possibly years ago...maybe it was only 'discovered' recently...
    Maybe someone out geocaching thought it was a find & realized once they'd dragged it out that it wasn't what they'd been looking for & saw it filled with clothes & left it?
    Just my thoughts working overtime on it...But could it possibly have been out there all this time & been overlooked for most of that time? I just don't know...thoughts?


    Enough rambling from me...just some thoughts..of course JMOO always.
    Brilliant!

    Loving the diagrams, you have really shown that the cairn is the same one and has remained the same for starters, I also agree totally about the suitcase man, and think it's a case of people 'remembering' things trying to be helpful, even if there was a suitcase man, I doubt he was relevant to this case.

    I wish we could be sure when the case was dumped there, it would be interesting if it was 2011 wouldn't it?

    I also agree that road workers could easily work on a stretch of road and miss the suitcase if it was pulled well back off the road originally.

    Brilliant work on the graphics again, so easier to see things with pictures
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,322
    Someone said the cairns are to point out the cross over the railway line. JaneSA? 2010 has the arrow in. Its a geocache area?
    The tub and keg are made of the same material. The keg would have water in it wash?
    They appear loosely even apart, the keg at the east end.

    Where were the shoes located? Notice the slip road against the track, and rail cross over

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    542
    The tub looks like a black plastic plant pot. Here's a picture of one... but they come in slightly different styles and finishes from different manufactures. The cheaper flimsier ones especially can blow around easily. They are also the sort of things someone might decide to dump with a load of general garbage. I don't see it as significant. http://www.bunnings.com.au/homeleisu...lack-_p2947486

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    44
    LoriMcA thanks for posting the pictures . Brilliant work.

    I agree about suitcase man, the story just doesn't add up to me . A stranger in town with a body in a suitcase is not going to be parading around town with a risk of police asking questions . Then for him to be seen around town since the suitcase being found . Yeh nope I don't buy it. I don't think he's got anything to do with this and its a bit of a local folk law story now.

    I'm hoping today we hear of an arrest or at least another person being bought in for questioning .
    Last edited by Anonamouse; 11-01-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Can't spell 😉

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by crabstick View Post
    Someone said the cairns are to point out the cross over the railway line. JaneSA? 2010 has the arrow in. Its a geocache area?
    The tub and keg are made of the same material. The keg would have water in it wash?
    They appear loosely even apart, the keg at the east end.

    Where were the shoes located? Notice the slip road against the track, and rail cross over
    What kind of area is there on the other side of the railroad track?

    Is looks like some sort of motorbike track, used to practise doing laps or something like that?

    Maybe the cairns along Karoonda highway are used to tell motorbike riders where to find that track?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,322
    I think JaneSA was right. The cairns are pointing out the area that motocross bikes or quads have a play around.

    Someone may have used this before and knows the area which have cairns to enter with ease.

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchTreat View Post
    What kind of area is there on the other side of the railroad track?
    Is looks like some sort of motorbike track, used to practise doing laps or something like that?
    Maybe the cairns along Karoonda highway are used to tell motorbike riders where to find that track?
    Is it the black washing basket tub a witness mentioned to police? A round tub?
    Last edited by crabstick; 11-01-2015 at 07:48 PM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    339
    This is very interesting, love the map also. I just had a thought. Many forum users have mentioned that Khandalyce and HP/DH youngest daughter were similar age and similar in appearances, i.e both blonde. Perhaps when DH was in Canberra, he was trying to pass KP off as his daughter, possibly thought he could get away with that being across the other side of the country from those that knew different.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,322
    It looks like a black chemical keg. Something that might hold acid.

    Its well dressed man

    heisenberg.jpg
    www.ign.com

    Here is his shoes

    Google

  13. #13
    LoriMcA's Avatar
    LoriMcA is offline June 4, 2010...never forget...never give up...
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    'The Peg' on The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by crabstick View Post
    Someone said the cairns are to point out the cross over the railway line. JaneSA? 2010 has the arrow in. Its a geocache area?
    The tub and keg are made of the same material. The keg would have water in it wash?
    They appear loosely even apart, the keg at the east end.

    Where were the shoes located? Notice the slip road against the track, and rail cross over
    I'm not sure of the use of the cairns...I just know I've seen more than this one further west along the road...that this one in particular has been there since at least 2007...why I figured it wasn't relevant...I was just curious what they are used for
    The idea that they may be 'markers' for crossing over to a place to dirt bike or ride motorcycles off-road makes total sense...that side road I do believe...that runs along the rail tracks ...between the rail and the highway...I do believe that is where the motorcyclist with the GoPro had been travelling....

    The geocaching...back in the thread for Khandalyce...before these threads were brought together....there was quite some discussion about the # of geocache spots along that highway...it was a thought I had that may explain people seeing it and realizing that wasn't what they'd been looking for...for a particular geocache expedition...

    reasypeasy - I also had the thought it could be a large plant pot or something similar...but it seems 'heftier' if that makes sense...but it's definitely quite possible! Also thank you for that intro to the rural landscape out there...out here...Manitoba & Saskatchewan...I hear ya about the long trips...but not a lot of scenery....its all prairie out here....flat...and as pretty as I think it is...the drives at times can be mind numbing!

    Also...as for the appearance of the tub...or what I call keg...I have only found the basic description given
    "The witness recently returned to the site and is believed to have found a black tub swarming with flies and a washing basket."
    I know I've read about the tub in other articles but this is the article that came up first in my search:

    http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/new-witness-comes-forward-in-case-of-missing-girl-in-the-suitcase-21925


    Reading your post....are there 2 tubs/kegs? I only saw the one black one I put the screencap of...and I didn't notice an arrow in the 2010 map...my eyes could be failing me tho...
    Shoes...I didn't see shoes....whereabouts were they on the map...I will try and go and look for them as well....
    I do notice the slip road *if that is the dirt road running alongside the tracks?*...that is where I believe the GoPro motorcyclist was running...or is my idea of slip road way off?




    &



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    169
    Crabstick, I'm not seeing shoes. To me that just looks like something folded over on itself.
    Regarding the tub swarming with flies, wasn't that said to be located much further down the road towards Tailem Bend?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,322
    Allegedly the basket was. Im going with chemical drum. It looks like it has a screw lid?
    Ill agree to disagree on the shoes. Someone else named the image shoes. RichieSwan? I cant see anything else but shoes now

    Quote Originally Posted by hideoustroll View Post
    Crabstick, I'm not seeing shoes. To me that just looks like something folded over on itself.
    Regarding the tub swarming with flies, wasn't that said to be located much further down the road towards Tailem Bend?
    @LoriMcA JaneSA said the cairns were to mark the capacity to 'cross over the railway line' so it may be more than just the motocross area. There is not many places someone can cross over the railway line, so the rail crossing may be marked by rail workers for the slip road? Or even the farmer for that matter. There is some distance to the next rail crossing.

    drum-wynarka.jpgdrum-wynarka2.jpg
    Last edited by crabstick; 11-01-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1029
    Last Post: 12-20-2015, 04:51 AM
  2. Replies: 991
    Last Post: 11-01-2015, 11:52 AM
  3. Replies: 1044
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 01:26 PM
  4. Replies: 1036
    Last Post: 10-27-2015, 11:44 AM
  5. Replies: 961
    Last Post: 10-24-2015, 03:27 AM

Tags for this Thread