851 users online (153 members and 698 guests)  

Websleuths News

Officers use their own money to help family escape abuse

http://www.fox13news.com/news/39287419-story

Officers with the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department went above and beyond the call of duty by using their own money to help a woman and her children escape an abusive husband.
    Much more at link. TRUE HEROES!

#CopsAreAwesome

"What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.”
    --Thomas Sowell

There are a lot of very very good police officers out there.
    JMO. MOO.

Thank you for bringing attention to this. Not that many others will bother to read it. LOL
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Thank you for bringing attention to this. Not that many others will bother to read it. LOL
    Yup. There seems to be a small handful of people here that go out of their way to dig and find stories about "bad" cops. (most of which turn out they were not bad cops in the first place. LOL)

You're welcome. It says a lot to me that these threads and the hundreds and hundreds of shootings in Chicago threads get zero attention. The agenda is obvious, IMO.

MOO!
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.”
    --Thomas Sowell

I won't even click on it anymore and I am glad it was brought up.

I love these stories. There is so much good in the world that isn't reported because as you say, people focus on the bad!

MOO!!

The sad thing is I think law enforcement across the country do these type of good deeds everyday. We just don't hear about them because it is a norm for them, and because media gets more hits from stories of contravesty than one of good deeds.

I was going to reply to this thread sooner, but I was at work and the good deeds by these officers quickly turned into, what I consider, a bait thread.

Kudos to our fine men in uniform for going above and beyond to help this family. That's what this thread should be about, right?
    Justice for Trayvon