1008 users online (201 members and 807 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sea lions' antics have Newport Beach barking back

A pack of rowdy sea lions has invaded Newport Harbor, sinking boats, thrashing docks and with their cacophony of barking turning residents into sleepless zombies.

In a scene that has played out up and down the West Coast, the whiskered creatures are charming tourists but exasperating local officials, who are studying a far-flung set of strategies to thwart the federally protected mammals.

On Wednesday, the city's Harbor Commission debated the situation, which has taken on added urgency since 18 sea lions piled onto a 37-foot sailboat and sank it over Labor Day weekend.

"A barking dog doesn't hold a candle to this. It's like 40 barking dogs in surround sound," grumbled Balboa Peninsula resident Darci Schriber.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SF Bay Area, CA

They need to do what San Francisco did, I think Monterey too, and embrace them, give them their own pier. They have there own dock in S.F. at Pier 39, they are a tourist attraction, very cute too!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

I hope someone donates a boat for them also..........to play in.....