751 users online (97 members and 654 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MT - Beverly, 79, Gregory Giannonatti, 57, murdered, Deer Lodge, 24 Oct 2015

Beverly Goeres Giannonatti and Gregory Giannonatti

Deer Lodge woman, 79, and son, 57, missing under unusual circumstances
    "DEER LODGE -- A Deer Lodge woman and her son have been reported missing under unusual circumstances, authorities said Monday.

Beverly Goeres Giannonatti, 79, and her son Gregory, 57, appear to have left their homes in Deer Lodge under controlled circumstances with the intent to return shortly, but they did not return, said Sheriff Scott Howard.

He said Beverly Giannonatti’s home was locked, but her dogs were inside. The same was true at her son’s home, his dogs were inside and he had food cooking in a slow cooker. Both individuals are private people without a lot of contact with folks, Howard said."

http://m.mtstandard.com/news/local/d...ile_touch=true
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Strange story. A little more info here: http://mtstandard.com/news/local/dee...35020d5fb.html
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

This is a very strange story. Wonder if Gregory was an only child? I'm supposing they both lived alone in their own homes.
    Also curious as to when Gregory's father passed?
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

Well, in searching for some answers to my questions, I found this obit for Greg's brother who died in 2013 of "natural causes." He was 50, so he was a younger brother.

http://mtstandard.com/news/local/obi...a4bcf887a.html

Beverly's husband and Greg's dad, Bill, died on August 31 of this year. He requested no funeral. Here is his public obit.http://www.sspmt.com/obituaries/september-16th-2015

It says there that Beverly and Bill's marriage lasted from 1957 to 1999. Apparently Darrell, the deceased brother, was Greg's only sibling.

She was having her home renovated, living elsewhere temporarily and has several rental properties. Husband just passed away 8/31. Son didn't turn off his slow cooker, so he was expecting to return. Check out the people working on her house.

Strange.

And it feels very familiar.

Didn't we have a very similar one maybe a year ago? Maybe like Kansas or Missouri?

Older mother and son, living in separate homes, and I think similarly, either the husband or other sibling had died more recently and I guess the other had been awhile back...

I vaguely recall there might have been something about them supposed to be going on a trip to visit someone and never leaving (or maybe it was never arriving) and then somehow turned out they were in one or the other's house and somehow never found earlier (in fact may have been quite some time later which we didn't understand).

ETA: Just over a year ago Beverly Samples (87) and Lawrence Samples (55) in OK - the suitcases ended up being found in the son's house, the bodies in the mother's apartment - but all about 2 weeks later. We never really did hear how/why but suspected murder/suicide b/c the son had ailing house and both were distressed following the recent suicide of the other son http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...September-2014
    Last edited by TravelingBug; 11-03-2015 at 04:46 AM.

Although both phones appeared to be turned off most of the time, Beverly’s was used on Saturday, Oct. 31, at 11:32 p.m. and Gregory’s was used Sunday, Nov. 1, at 9:14 p.m. and at 11:39 p.m., but the sheriff doesn’t know at this time whether the two individuals made the calls.

http://mtstandard.com/news/local/dee...35020d5fb.html

One of Gregory’s cars was found at his father’s house on Beck Hill, north of Deer Lodge, which house Beverly was having remodeled after Gregory's father's death prior to her moving back in, but nothing appeared unusual, Howard said.
    If the house was being remodeled and no one was living there, why would the son's car be there?

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Strange.

And it feels very familiar.

Didn't we have a very similar one maybe a year ago? Maybe like Kansas or Missouri?

Older mother and son, living in separate homes, and I think similarly, either the husband or other sibling had died more recently and I guess the other had been awhile back...

I vaguely recall there might have been something about them supposed to be going on a trip to visit someone and never leaving (or maybe it was never arriving) and then somehow turned out they were in one or the other's house and somehow never found earlier (in fact may have been quite some time later which we didn't understand).

ETA: Just over a year ago Beverly Samples (87) and Lawrence Samples (55) in OK - the suitcases ended up being found in the son's house, the bodies in the mother's apartment - but all about 2 weeks later. We never really did hear how/why but suspected murder/suicide b/c the son had ailing house and both were distressed following the recent suicide of the other son http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...September-2014
    It seems very familiar to me too, but I don't remember the Samples case. The back story kind of reminds me of the case where the mother murdered her son and dumped him along the side of the road. I don't think that's what happened here, but I believe there was a house renovation going on in that case and the husband/father had recently died.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 11-03-2015 at 12:15 PM.

I found another photo of Beverly on a reporter's Twitter feed from 2013. She looks like such a sweet lady.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Mother and son reported missing from Deer Lodge
    http://www.kpax.com/story/30423430/m...rom-deer-lodge
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Mom View Post
    If the house was being remodeled and no one was living there, why would the son's car be there?
    Because he went over there to feed the dogs?

I wonder if Beverly was staying with her son during the remodeling. If so, maybe they both went over to feed the dogs and something bad happened there.

I'm not sure all the facts from the articles add up. Beverly's house was being remodeled. She wasn't staying there, but the dogs were (it seems odd to leave the dogs with workmen in a house being remodeled).

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Because he went over there to feed the dogs?

I wonder if Beverly was staying with her son during the remodeling. If so, maybe they both went over to feed the dogs and something bad happened there.

I'm not sure all the facts from the articles add up. Beverly's house was being remodeled. She wasn't staying there, but the dogs were (it seems odd to leave the dogs with workmen in a house being remodeled).
    This longer article gives more details on the living arrangements. http://mtstandard.com/news/local/dee...35020d5fb.html

Beverly lives in one house, Gregory lives in another house and it is the Father's house that is being renovated. The father died recently and Beverly is planning to move into his house when the renovations are complete. Beverly and Gregory's father were divorced and did not live together prior to his death.

He said Beverly Giannonatti’s home was locked, but her dogs were inside. The same was true at her son’s home; his dogs were inside and he had food cooking in a slow cooker. Both individuals are private people without a lot of contact with folks, Howard said.

Update article just published. http://mtstandard.com/news/local/upd...99524386e.html

Powell County Sheriff Scott Howard, however, said at a news conference Tuesday that because of the amount of time that has elapsed since they were last seen, “I feel the outcome is not going to be good.’’

The last time Beverly was seen was Wednesday, Oct. 28, at Muriah’s restaurant in Deer Lodge, Howard said. It was around 11 a.m., for lunch, and she was with an unknown white male about 60 years old, who was not known by anyone at the restaurant. Authorities are working to identify him, and consider him a “person of interest.’’ Anyone with information is asked to call police.

Gregory last seen by a witness on Oct. 28 at 10 p.m. leaving his residence at a speed faster than normal, and heading east toward downtown Deer Lodge -- in a direction away from his mother’s house. He was driving a white 1995 white Camry.

A lot more at link.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast