GUILTY MT - Beverly, 79, Gregory Giannonatti, 57, murdered, Deer Lodge, 24 Oct 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Beverly Goeres Giannonatti and Gregory Giannonatti
563805e7ab0c5.preview-100.jpg
563805e7dded7.preview-100.jpg

Deer Lodge woman, 79, and son, 57, missing under unusual circumstances
"DEER LODGE -- A Deer Lodge woman and her son have been reported missing under unusual circumstances, authorities said Monday.

Beverly Goeres Giannonatti, 79, and her son Gregory, 57, appear to have left their homes in Deer Lodge under controlled circumstances with the intent to return shortly, but they did not return, said Sheriff Scott Howard.

He said Beverly Giannonatti’s home was locked, but her dogs were inside. The same was true at her son’s home, his dogs were inside and he had food cooking in a slow cooker. Both individuals are private people without a lot of contact with folks, Howard said."

http://m.mtstandard.com/news/local/...5e8b-ae4e-19235020d5fb.html?mobile_touch=true

This is a very strange story. Wonder if Gregory was an only child? I'm supposing they both lived alone in their own homes.
Also curious as to when Gregory's father passed?

Beverly's husband and Greg's dad, Bill, died on August 31 of this year. He requested no funeral. Here is his public obit.http://www.sspmt.com/obituaries/september-16th-2015

It says there that Beverly and Bill's marriage lasted from 1957 to 1999. Apparently Darrell, the deceased brother, was Greg's only sibling.

She was having her home renovated, living elsewhere temporarily and has several rental properties. Husband just passed away 8/31. Son didn't turn off his slow cooker, so he was expecting to return. Check out the people working on her house.

Strange.

And it feels very familiar.

Didn't we have a very similar one maybe a year ago? Maybe like Kansas or Missouri?

Older mother and son, living in separate homes, and I think similarly, either the husband or other sibling had died more recently and I guess the other had been awhile back...

I vaguely recall there might have been something about them supposed to be going on a trip to visit someone and never leaving (or maybe it was never arriving) and then somehow turned out they were in one or the other's house and somehow never found earlier (in fact may have been quite some time later which we didn't understand).

ETA: Just over a year ago Beverly Samples (87) and Lawrence Samples (55) in OK - the suitcases ended up being found in the son's house, the bodies in the mother's apartment - but all about 2 weeks later. We never really did hear how/why but suspected murder/suicide b/c the son had ailing house and both were distressed following the recent suicide of the other son http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nce-Samples-55-Midwest-City-16-September-2014

One of Gregory’s cars was found at his father’s house on Beck Hill, north of Deer Lodge, which house Beverly was having remodeled after Gregory's father's death prior to her moving back in, but nothing appeared unusual, Howard said.

If the house was being remodeled and no one was living there, why would the son's car be there?

Strange.

And it feels very familiar.

Didn't we have a very similar one maybe a year ago? Maybe like Kansas or Missouri?

Older mother and son, living in separate homes, and I think similarly, either the husband or other sibling had died more recently and I guess the other had been awhile back...

I vaguely recall there might have been something about them supposed to be going on a trip to visit someone and never leaving (or maybe it was never arriving) and then somehow turned out they were in one or the other's house and somehow never found earlier (in fact may have been quite some time later which we didn't understand).

ETA: Just over a year ago Beverly Samples (87) and Lawrence Samples (55) in OK - the suitcases ended up being found in the son's house, the bodies in the mother's apartment - but all about 2 weeks later. We never really did hear how/why but suspected murder/suicide b/c the son had ailing house and both were distressed following the recent suicide of the other son http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nce-Samples-55-Midwest-City-16-September-2014

It seems very familiar to me too, but I don't remember the Samples case. The back story kind of reminds me of the case where the mother murdered her son and dumped him along the side of the road. I don't think that's what happened here, but I believe there was a house renovation going on in that case and the husband/father had recently died.

I found another photo of Beverly on a reporter's Twitter feed from 2013. She looks like such a sweet lady.

B1oL1TiIQAEmxlg.jpg

[video=twitter;529748938136772608]https://twitter.com/seabornlarson/status/529748938136772608[/video]

If the house was being remodeled and no one was living there, why would the son's car be there?

Because he went over there to feed the dogs?

I wonder if Beverly was staying with her son during the remodeling. If so, maybe they both went over to feed the dogs and something bad happened there.

I'm not sure all the facts from the articles add up. Beverly's house was being remodeled. She wasn't staying there, but the dogs were (it seems odd to leave the dogs with workmen in a house being remodeled).

Because he went over there to feed the dogs?

I wonder if Beverly was staying with her son during the remodeling. If so, maybe they both went over to feed the dogs and something bad happened there.

I'm not sure all the facts from the articles add up. Beverly's house was being remodeled. She wasn't staying there, but the dogs were (it seems odd to leave the dogs with workmen in a house being remodeled).

This longer article gives more details on the living arrangements. http://mtstandard.com/news/local/de...cle_f144de27-8777-5e8b-ae4e-19235020d5fb.html

Beverly lives in one house, Gregory lives in another house and it is the Father's house that is being renovated. The father died recently and Beverly is planning to move into his house when the renovations are complete. Beverly and Gregory's father were divorced and did not live together prior to his death.

He said Beverly Giannonatti’s home was locked, but her dogs were inside. The same was true at her son’s home; his dogs were inside and he had food cooking in a slow cooker. Both individuals are private people without a lot of contact with folks, Howard said.

Update article just published. http://mtstandard.com/news/local/up...cle_6ce64fc5-bcbb-5444-bbc0-51e99524386e.html

Powell County Sheriff Scott Howard, however, said at a news conference Tuesday that because of the amount of time that has elapsed since they were last seen, “I feel the outcome is not going to be good.’’

The last time Beverly was seen was Wednesday, Oct. 28, at Muriah’s restaurant in Deer Lodge, Howard said. It was around 11 a.m., for lunch, and she was with an unknown white male about 60 years old, who was not known by anyone at the restaurant. Authorities are working to identify him, and consider him a “person of interest.’’ Anyone with information is asked to call police.

Gregory last seen by a witness on Oct. 28 at 10 p.m. leaving his residence at a speed faster than normal, and heading east toward downtown Deer Lodge -- in a direction away from his mother’s house. He was driving a white 1995 white Camry.

A lot more at link.

OK...so from the new article listed am I to understand that Greg was last seen on Oct. 28, leaving rapidly in the direction leading from his mother's home....but his vehicle was later found at his father's house? And his mother's cars are all accounted for?

I agree with TeaTime...this must have something to do with the people working on Greg's dad's home. It sounds like Greg became concerned for his mom after he didn't hear from her or see her for a time...and perhaps went straight over to his father's home to see if she was there. Something like that, I don't know.

The elder Giannonatti died in August...and he had been divorced from Beverly since 1999. But she and the 2 sons were still mentioned in his obit. I also found a business listed in Beverly's name.

Another article. This one adds that Gregory's house was broken into. http://helenair.com/news/local/upda...cle_f21bf134-1452-56ef-8512-5a2e6122a9f8.html

"Chief Johnson said he returned to Gregory’s home on Monday morning and found it had been broken into. He said the front door was open but that someone had taken the air conditioner from the window to gain entry. A big screen TV was found outside the back door; clothing, new towels and pillows were in plastic bags, but something or someone interrupted the activity. Johnson said the television was recovered and the home secured with evidence tape."

And there is this: "Howard said that on Oct. 19 a cleaning woman at the Larkspur home found a large gold bar, and immediately called Beverly who friends said went to the house to get it. The whereabouts of that ingot is unknown at this time, he said."

If no one was living in the ex/deceased husband's home, why in the world was there a cleaning lady, and how in the world did a gold bar get there? This case is very odd and it sure doesn't look good for the mother/son, especially after learning his home was broken into after he went missing :(

FWIW. The house being broken into after it was already reported that he was missing might not be related. Criminals often use information from local newspapers to determine if a home ripe for the picking. Like breaking into a home because they saw that a person recently died and the relatives will be attending the funeral.

It seems like a fairly prominent family. The late husband was a district judge, she is a business woman that owns rental properties. The break-in might have just been a crime of opportunity.

Friends of the family have set up a Facebook page, Help Find Beverly Giannonatti & Greg Giannonatti: https://www.facebook.com/BevandGregGianonatti/?fref=nf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back