NY Reports of John Does and Jane Does found in the Hudson River 1909-1961

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/626dmny.html

Joseph Force Crater
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: August 6, 1930
Location Last Seen: New York City, New York County, New York

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: January 5, 1889
Age at Time of Disappearance: 41 years old
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 180 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, graying, thinning on top, parted in the middle and slicked down.
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: The tip of his right index finger was somewhat mutilated due to having been crushed. The Greek lettering of his college fraternity "Sigma Chi" was tattooed on his left arm.

Dentals: Unknown. Wore upper and lower dentures.
Fingerprints: Unknown

April 1933 Troy New York
https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=P4UFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5161,4244361&hl=en

body of an unidentified man found floating

amazing stories!! I lived in Kentucky and there was a book in Louisville that listed a BUNCH of bodies that were pulled from the Ohio River in Barrels. If memory serves me, there was no way to know where the barrels originated. Some had more than 1 body in them and some were shot. This was in the old days. But can you imagine pulling barrels out of the rivers now. I guess that was one way to get rid of people you didn't like. Thanks for starting this thread.

here is another one I found of a skull found in the Harlem river in 1961 and also includes of a trunk with a torso that was found 2 years prior

http://fultonhistory.com/newspaper ...Herald Statesman 1961 Grayscale - 2997.pdf

As yet. there is nothing to link the human skull found here near the Hudson River Sunday to the Hastlngs-on-Hudson torso slaying that has stymied authorities for two years. The skull was found on the hank of the Hudson lust above the Greystone Railroad Station during a walk of a father and his son and daughter. It was first reported that the boy had made the find, but this was categorically denied by trio hovs sister. "I found it

Yonkers police wore notified andl the skull was turned over fo the county medical examiner at Grasslands Hospital. Two years ago this month, two teenage hoys found a shiny black trunk they believed to be a trea sure chest in a wooded area on the Graham School grounds in Hastings. Unable to open the trunk, they carried their find up an embankment of the New York Aqueduct and dropped it on the stones below. Out spilled the torso and arms of a man wrapped in a gray blanket.

A search for the missing head, hands and legs proved futile All leads were checked out. Nothing happened. A noted anthropologist was called in and ft police artist drew a sketch from information furnished.
Chamber

There was more but I could not copy and paste it

amazing stories!! I lived in Kentucky and there was a book in Louisville that listed a BUNCH of bodies that were pulled from the Ohio River in Barrels. If memory serves me, there was no way to know where the barrels originated. Some had more than 1 body in them and some were shot. This was in the old days. But can you imagine pulling barrels out of the rivers now. I guess that was one way to get rid of people you didn't like. Thanks for starting this thread.
This is really interesting. I wonder how many barrels there were?

I don't mean to hijack your thread but in the early 1970's the Friendship Heights area of Chevy Chase, Md (right up against the DC line) was being developed. Probably ten high rise apartment buildings were being built. A heavy equipment operator noticed a leg bone sticking out of the side of a clear cut. Work was halted and the bone was taken to the experts at the Smithsonian who declared that it was the remains of a black man who had been dead for 150-200 years. Over the next few months more bones kept showing up and it was finally ruled that no foul play was involved and the remains were that of slaves who had been buried on a plantation that had once been there.

For all I know a lot of bodies had buildings built on top of their resting spots.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but in the early 1970's the Friendship Heights area of Chevy Chase, Md (right up against the DC line) was being developed. Probably ten high rise apartment buildings were being built. A heavy equipment operator noticed a leg bone sticking out of the side of a clear cut. Work was halted and the bone was taken to the experts at the Smithsonian who declared that it was the remains of a black man who had been dead for 150-200 years. Over the next few months more bones kept showing up and it was finally ruled that no foul play was involved and the remains were that of slaves who had been buried on a plantation that had once been there.

For all I know a lot of bodies had buildings built on top of their resting spots.
wow Falcon that is very interesting.. I wonder what ever became of all those remains..do you know?

wow Falcon that is very interesting.. I wonder what ever became of all those remains..do you know?

Most likely reburied in unmarked graves in one of the county's black cemeteries or cremated by the Medical Examiner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back