1078 users online (204 members and 874 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

FL - Erin Nembhart, 15, Port St. Lucie, Sept 2005

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=18992
    Picture on link.

Port St. Lucie, Florida -- A missing child alert has been issued for 15-year-old Erin Nembhard.

Police say Erin was last seen in the 300 block of Aurora Street and is believed to be in danger.

Erin is 5'2" with brown eyes, and weighs about 100 pounds.

If you have any information as to Erin's whereabouts, please call 1-888-FL-MISSING.

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...090882,00.html

"She had been corresponding on the Internet with different gentleman ranging between 22 and 35 (years old)," Schichtel said, adding that local officials have been working nonstop throughout the weekend to locate Erin after she was reported missing. "We've launched all of our resources to help (find Erin)."

That is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    That is scary.

I wonder if she arranged to meet with one of the guys? Kids just have no fear at all. I hope she is found before something happens to her as we know the guy is up to no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I wonder if she arranged to meet with one of the guys? Kids just have no fear at all. I hope she is found before something happens to her as we know the guy is up to no good.
    That's what I'm worried about. It sure sounds like it is a good possibility. After reading the Perverted Justice site I am really afraid for her safety.

Sex offender admits seeing missing girl

Monday, September 19, 2005
    By Sandra Hong
    Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

PORT ST. LUCIE A convicted sex offender was the last person to admit seeing a 15-year-old Port St. Lucie girl who has been missing since Friday, authorities said earlier today.

The girl left her home on Aurora Street late Friday with another man she met on the Internet, who drove her to his Miami residence and later to the sex offender's home in Opa-Locka, said Capt. Scott Bartal of the Port St. Lucie Police Department.

The sex offender, identified as Corey L. Witty, 35, admitted to police that the girl spent nearly two days with him but that she left unharmed at about 2:30 p.m. Sunday, investigators said.

"We believe she left on foot," Bartal said. "At this point in time, there's no reason to believe she's been harmed in any way."

The missing girl, Erin N. Nembhard, is a ninth-grader at Treasure Coast Christian Academy and was last seen wearing a burgundy shirt with a school logo, according to a written report. She is 5 foot 2 inches tall, about 100 pounds and has a birth mark on her calf.

Authorities believe she is still in the North Miami area.

Witty was arrested Sunday on unrelated charges of failing to register as a sex offender in Miami-Dade County, Port St. Lucie authorities said. The other man, Eduardo Narvaez, 22, was interviewed and released, Bartal said.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasur...19missing.html

Now this is one of those times. I live within easy driving distance of the town she's missing from and can't do a darn thing to help because their saying she was seen two hours away. Everything about this is frustrating. Why would a pretty little thing like this reach out to a stranger?

Police; Sex offender was last person to see St. Lucie teen

September 20, 2005
    The Associated Press

A convicted sex offender was the last person to admit seeing a missing St. Lucie County teen whose family fears may have been talking to sexual predators over the Internet.

Corey Witty, 35, admitted that 15-year-old Erin Nembhard spent nearly two days with him, but insists she left his Miami-Dade County home unharmed around 2:30 p.m. Sunday, investigators said.

Detectives found her belongings inside Witty's Opa-locka home. He told police he did not know where she went. Opa-locka is about 95 miles south of Port St. Lucie.

Witty was arrested Sunday on unrelated charges of failing to register as a sex offender in Miami-Dade County. Witty had served time for sexual battery and lewd and lascivious assault convictions dating back to 1999, according to records. The victim was younger than 16.

Investigators said Erin Nembhard crawled out of her bedroom window with a suitcase filled with clothes and a bookbag late Friday and drove off with a man whom she had met in an Internet chat room. The man, Eduardo Narvaez, 21, first drove her to his Miami residence before taking her to Witty's home.

Her mother told authorities Erin was spending extra time on the family computer lately, saying it was for school.

"I knew it wasn't good from the beginning," Joy Nembhard said. "I hear from people and I hear on the news there's nothing good in the chat rooms for young girls."

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/p...plate=dateline

Police question sex offender in missing 15-year-old girl case

Missing girl was at his home, authorities say

Posted September 21 2005
    By Brian Haas

FBI agents Tuesday questioned a convicted sex offender in Miami -- the last person known to have been with a missing 15-year-old Port St. Lucie girl.

Erin Nembhard slipped out her bedroom window Friday night to join a man she had met on the Internet. Local, state and federal officials have been searching for the teen since Saturday. As each day passes their hunt grows more urgent.

"I'm pleading and begging for mercy," said her mother, Joy Nembhard. "If anybody's seen her, please, set her loose and let her come home. I just want her to call me."

Her alarm is warranted, authorities say. Erin Nembhard had been chatting recently with several men on the Internet, said Officer Robert Vega, spokesman for the St. Lucie Police Department. He declined to discuss the nature of the conversations.

But sometime Friday night, the Treasure Coast Christian Academy ninth-grader climbed out her window to meet Eduardo Narvaez, 22, who was waiting outside, Vega said.

According to Vega, the two, who had met recently on the Internet, traveled 100 miles south to Narvaez's home in Miami.

Narvaez told police that Saturday he dropped the teen off at the Carol City home of Corey Witty, 35, a convicted sex offender.

Witty was convicted in 2003 of lewd or lascivious battery and lewd assault or sexual battery on a child younger than 16, according to the Florida Department of Corrections.

He spent two years in prison and was released Jan. 10.

Authorities followed the teen's path to Witty's home Sunday afternoon, where the sex offender was arrested on an unrelated charge of failing to register his new address with the state.

Witty previously lived in Hallandale Beach.

Vega said that Witty admitted the teen had stayed with him, but said she had left just a half-hour before police arrived -- leaving her clothing and luggage behind.

"It's definitely alarming," Vega said.

The FBI was questioning Witty on Tuesday afternoon about Erin Nembhard's disappearance, said Judy Orihuela, spokeswoman for the FBI in Miami.

No arrests have been made in the case.

"Right now our main goal is to find Erin and get her home safely," Vega said.

At the teen's home, Nembhard said she has rarely left the telephone, hoping her daughter would call.

Between breaking down and talking to worried relatives, Nembhard blamed herself for her daughter's disappearance. She said she should have watched her more closely when she used the Internet. Vega conceded that cases like this can be prevented with more parental oversight.

But the teen's older sister, Nicole, 18, placed the blame elsewhere.

"What they did was take advantage of a young girl," she said of Narvaez and Witty. "They're disgusting, they really are. I just wish they would tell me where my sister is.

"That's all I want is my sister back."

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Erin Nembhard should call the FBI at 305-944-9101.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...sfla-news-palm

PORT ST. LUCIE As investigators on Tuesday continued searching for a 15-year-old girl who disappeared from a registered sex offender's home in South Florida, the FBI said Hurricane Rita is making the case especially challenging. Port St. Lucie police, who say Erin Nembhard left her home late Friday night with a 21-year-old Miami man she met in an Internet chatroom, have requested assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    "What we bring to the table is that we have FBI agents everywhere and we can go anywhere," said Special Agent Judy Orihuela, FBI spokeswoman. "We don't have any jurisdictional problems."

Police said Eduardo Narvaez, 21, had sex with Nembhard before taking her to the home of 35-year-old Corey L. Witty, a convicted sex offender who was released from prison in January after serving a two-year sentence for having sex with a 15-year-old girl.

Witty is the last person known to have seen Nembhard.

Officer Robert Vega, police spokesman, said local investigators are working with federal agents in South Florida.

"We're having a difficult time working with Miami authorities due to them preparing for the hurricane," Vega said. "They are limited in the amount of help they can provide us right now."

Orihuela said Hurricane Rita, which was expected to travel south of Key West but bring strong winds and heavy rains to South Florida, was making the case particularly challenging.

She said Rita forced the FBI to close its Miami field office on Tuesday, though it was expected to open today.

Witty was arrested Sunday for failing to notify law enforcement officials that his address had changed.

He posted bail and was being interviewed by FBI agents and Port St. Lucie investigators, Orihuela said.

Vega said Nembhard, a ninth-grade student at Treasure Coast Christian Academy, had been conversing with several men in an America Online chatroom, but it was unclear for how long.

"Apparently she and some of these gentlemen became somewhat friendly and they started instant messaging each other back and forth and that's how we determined some of the people that were involved," Vega said. http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...094828,00.html

So the sex offender was arrested for not registering but then he was allowed to post bail. Now doesn't that just take the cake!! Let him out so he can take advantage of another young girl.

I wonder how the younger guy that she left home with knew the sex offender? Sounds like they are on the same wave length. He uses the girl and then takes her over to his friends house who is a registered sex offender so that he can use her to. They both should be arrested. She is only 15!!

It doesn't make any sense to me why this young girl would leave that perverts house right before the cops get there and that she would leave all of her belongings. She stayed with him for two days??? Was that because she wanted to stay or because he kept her there? Kind of hard to believe that the younger guy just used her and then dropped her off. I wonder if both of those guys didn't use her and then do something to her.

Maybe internet chatrooms should be taken off the internet. For some reason kids seem to get taken in by these perverts and then bad things happen to them. It is like sheep to the slaughter. If chatrooms weren't allowed it would take care of that problem.

I hope this girl is still alive but if she is where is she? She might have been lucky to escape those two guys but what about the rest of the perverts out there. I hope she contacts her mother and goes home. I hope she is alright with the exception of being used by those perverts. What a shame.

PSL Police secure arrest warrants for Miami man connected to missing girl

September 21, 2005
    By Will Greenlee

PORT ST. LUCIE ---- Port St. Lucie Police have two arrest warrants for a 21-year-old Miami man in connection with a 15-year-old local girl who was last seen Sunday with a registered sex offender.

Investigators have warrants for contributing to the delinquency of a minor and harboring a runaway - both misdemeanors - for Eduardo Narvaez, 21, who was accused of taking Erin Nembhard, 15, to South Florida last week.

Investigators anticipate arresting Narvaez, who reportedly had inappropriate sexual contact with Nembhard, today.

Narvaez is believed to have taken Nembhard to the home of Corey L. Witty, 35, a registered sex offender. She was last seen with Witty Sunday.

Any crimes that may have taken place outside of Port St. Lucie will be investigated by law enforcement agencies in those jurisdictions.

"Our focus is finding Erin," said officer Robert Vega, Port St. Lucie Police spokesman. "If we determine any crimes have been committed along the way, we'll refer them to the proper authorities."

Two Port St. Lucie detectives are in South Florida today working with FBI agents on the case. Vega said as many as 20 FBI agents have assisted police in the investigation.

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/cda/articl...-PRINT,00.html

Isn't Port St. Lucie where the perv was going around exposing himself to young girls? Did they ever catch that guy? Not saying the two things are related, but it sure does seem the PSL has more than its share of sex crimes and stuff...geesh.

FBI agents Tuesday questioned a convicted sex offender in Miami -- the last person known to have been with a missing 15-year-old Port St. Lucie girl.

Erin Nembhard slipped out her bedroom window Friday night to join a man she had met on the Internet. Local, state and federal officials have been searching for the teen since Saturday. As each day passes their hunt grows more urgent.

According to Vega, the two, who had met recently on the Internet, traveled 100 miles south to Narvaez's home in Miami.

Narvaez told police that Saturday he dropped the teen off at the Carol City home of Corey Witty, 35, a convicted sex offender.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast