SC SC - Scott family of four, ages 59-82, Pendleton, 1 Nov 2015

Fairy1

VOTE!!!
Reaction score
http://www.live5news.com/story/30411911/anderson-county-deputies-investigate-pendleton-shooting

PENDLETON, SC (FOX Carolina) -Anderson County deputies and the coroner are investigating after four bodies were discovered Monday on Refuge Road in Pendleton.Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore said he was not sure of the motive behind the deaths as of Monday afternoon.
On Tuesday, deputies said the deaths were being investigated as a "quadruple murder." Forensics investigators returned to the scene Tuesday to search for evidence.

The victims have been identified as Barbara Scott, age 80; Cathy Scott, age 60; Violet Taylor, age 82; and Michael Scott, age 59, according to Shore.

All four lived at the house where their bodies were found and were related, deputies said.

Sad. :(
Wonder if it was another relative trying to get their inheritance early ?
Who can coldly gun down elderly people, let alone others ?
Thinking out loud and as always my opinion.

www.wyff4.com/news/coroner-called-to-shooting-in-anderson-county/36207494

There was no sign of forced entry into the home or signs of a struggle, Shore said. Three of the victims were in the den and one was in the bedroom.
On Monday, Cole told WYFF News 4 Mandy Gaither, "As far as we know, there is no danger to the public right now."

LE might have an idea about the perp; imo.

Sad. :(
Wonder if it was another relative trying to get their inheritance early ?
Who can coldly gun down elderly people, let alone others ?
Thinking out loud and as always my opinion.

www.wyff4.com/news/coroner-called-to-shooting-in-anderson-county/36207494

There was no sign of forced entry into the home or signs of a struggle, Shore said. Three of the victims were in the den and one was in the bedroom.
On Monday, Cole told WYFF News 4 Mandy Gaither, "As far as we know, there is no danger to the public right now."

LE might have an idea about the perp; imo.

From the article you linked:

"I'm very shocked,” neighbor Tai Gleaton said. “There's been things said, but as far as I knew of, I didn't think they were that type of people or anything like that would happen over here.”

Hmmm. That's an interesting comment. I think this will probably be solved quickly and I think the killer(s) will be someone known and close to the victims. JMO.

Yes, with four people brutally murdered, to say that there's no danger to the public --- pretty sure they are closing in on the perp.
As far as "...that type of people..." , my .02 is that someone was engaged in risky behavior.
My first thought was maybe a murder/suicide ? But wouldn't le come out and say that immediately ?
Some of the comments below the linked article were interesting.
:moo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lers-bitter-family-row-daughter-massacre.html

Detectives investigating the quadruple murder of a husband and wife and their elderly mothers believe the victims knew their killer.
They are also delving into the background of a family dispute and the murdered man's sideline business of buying and selling gold to see if they unravel any clues as to why the four were executed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mily-row-daughter-massacre.html#ixzz3qkchEsRW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.wyff4.com/news/investiga...e-information-about-quadruple-murder/36320022

The family continued to make a plea for help from the community.

Terry Hendricks asked for the community to stop blaming his relatives for the deaths.

"People don't realize how bad these things are until it hits your house, until it hits your family,” said Hendricks. "So please people be nice and come together as a community and let's find this killer.”

Anderson County quadruple homicide unsolved a year later

http://www.independentmail.com/story/news/local/south-carolina/2016/11/02/anderson-county-quadruple-homicide-unsolved-year-later/93111436/

A year ago, Amy Vilardi walked into one of the most gruesome crime scenes in Anderson County’s history and called 911.

Her mother, Cathy Scott, and three other family members had been slain.

The case has not been solved.

Husband and wife Michael and Cathy Scott, 58 and 60, and their mothers, 80-year-old Barbara Scott and 82-year-old Violet Taylor, were shot.

Beyond the gunshots, there were additional traumatic injuries to the bodies, authorities said after the killings were discovered.

Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore said Tuesday that he would not disclose the nature of the additional injuries at this point as the investigation is still underway.

Vilardi said, in a Facebook message to an Independent Mail reporter, that she hasn’t heard any significant updates on the homicide case, or the lawsuit, in months.

“I am myself without much information,” she said. “I would like to point out how wonderful everyone in this community has been. All of our great friends and the amazing family we love so very much, praying for us.”

Call said the Sheriff’s Office knows patience but wisdom, and tips, could help them break the case.

“There is literally nothing we won’t investigate, it’s an active investigation so any information is new information,” he said. “We want nothing more than to give justice to these people. They deserve it. Their family, and their grandchildren, deserve answers.”

That's exactly what I was thinking SC....such little info to go on. It's such a sad story....this couple are kind enough to take in and care for both their mothers - and then someone murders all four under one roof. And sadly the daughter discovers the bodies....how awful in every way. I had followed this story at first but became side-tracked by many others along the way. I hope LE catches the perp soon.....there just has to be some evidence somewhere I would think. The neighbors didn't see anything, any visitors? Frustrating.

Interesting reading what items were seized during the execution of the search warrant.

https://mgtvwspa.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/pendleton-lawsuit.pdf

SC.....so the daughter & SIL live in the other mobile home behind the other mobile home? And that's where the search warrant was executed? Well, that says a lot, huh? (I haven't read the search warrant yet)

How were u able to find the search warrants? What did u google?

Thanks for the info....off to catch up. Good find!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back