Darnay Hoffman Does it Again

Steinburg and Nussbaum both deserve some severe head checks, in this case. That sweet child should never died. They were negiligent, and Steinburg was just plain mean...Nussbaum could be interpreted to be the same.

What an extremely sad case this is.

Perhaps Lin Wood can take Darnay under his wing and teach him how to defend baby killers.........and win!

I bet LinpWoody has some spare time, these days. I think his plot with ******* to get to internet forums flopped, due to hir refusals from forum owners, so Woody must be chomping at the bit.....pun intended for that great horseman, him. :)

Originally posted by Imon128
Steinburg and Nussbaum both deserve some severe head checks, in this case. That sweet child should never died. They were negiligent, and Steinburg was just plain mean...Nussbaum could be interpreted to be the same.

Very sad indeed. If I'm not mistaken, there were TWO children that died in their care. There was also a baby boy.

IMO, they BOTH should have gone to prison, NEVER getting out.

Harsh, but my real feelings. AND...those who would befriend them

I see no defense for either, either. (what did I just say, LOL) Both knew prior to getting the child that they were unstable, yet caved to a selfish desire. The child paid the price. I also, somewhat, fault the neighbors who might have heard sounds of trouble emminating from Steinburg's rat nest, yet didn't get involved. If my memory serves me, there had been sound coming from the child who lived there, and nobody intervened. What a sad thing for that little girl to have died in such a manner. Knuckle bumps to them all who let this happen.

Barbara, the baby boy in question did not die. He is now living in obscurity and doesn't remember that period. I just saw something on him recently, but I forget exactly where it was.

Imon, Hedda was an extremely battered woman who had been brainwashed through repeated beatings to do exactly what Steinburg told her to do. She was terrified of him and I believe she was also a drug addict.

He's eligible for parole this June if I remember correctly. That's not a garauntee he'll be released.

Has Hoffman ever actually won a case?

I also, somewhat, fault the neighbors who might have heard sounds of trouble emminating from Steinburg's rat nest, yet didn't get involved. If my memory serves me, there had been sound coming from the child who lived there, and nobody intervened. What a sad thing for that little girl to have died in such a manner. Knuckle bumps to them all who let this happen.

I thought the neighbors did call? Hang on while I look for that info....

Originally posted by Seeker
I thought the neighbors did call? Hang on while I look for that info....

Okay, Seeker, thanks. I thought I recalled reading that the neighbs had heard sounds prior, and never investigated. Looking forward to your reply.

Yes, Hedda had her problems, and I don't knock her for having them, particularly. What I'm trying to say is that she KNEW she was messed up, nad had no business bringing a child into the mess. I've felt pity for her when watching shows about her situation. But....no babies into that kind of mess, if she had any lick of sense. JMO. :)

Yes, Hedda had her problems, and I don't knock her for having them, particularly. What I'm trying to say is that she KNEW she was messed up, nad had no business bringing a child into the mess. I've felt pity for her when watching shows about her situation. But....no babies into that kind of mess, if she had any lick of sense. JMO. :)
Here is the entire thing.

The female that answered the door was wandering around the apartment, hiding behind doors and rubbing her hands together. Her face had cuts and bruises around her eyes and nose. Her lip was split. Later, when she was examined at Bellevue Hospital, doctors found she had several broken ribs, a fractured jaw, a broken nose and severely ulcerated legs.

As far as I'm concerned Joel Steinberg is a horrible monster who should never see the light of day again. He beat and tortured Hedda & Lisa for years.

I recall seeing her photo with the beating marks. It was horrid, to say the least. And yes, Steinberg is at minimum, a monster. But I'm not excusing Hedda entirely, as she must have had a coherent moment enought times, to get the child out. Maybe she didn't, dunno, but I'm guessing she did. Steinberg would surely have challenged her on that kind of move, so perhaps that was a detriment for her. Still, indicates problems on her part, too.

That is the incredible thing about our country--
You have to have a liscense to fish, to hunt, to drive, to open a bar, to run a business,
But any fool can have a child and raise them how they see fit.
The honest---and sad---truth is there are hundreds, I am sure thousands, of kids in our country that suffer silently. With no headlines and no rescues.
The worst part is abuse is a cycle to be repeated.

Something is wrong here, torturing and killing a child gets manslaughter with an 8-15 year term in New York?

We just put a couple on death row for a similar case. ROJAS. (Mr. Rojas is Westy's neighbor at San Quentin)

If Darnay was Steinberg's defense attorney, then he did one heck of a job , or the prosecutor must have been incompetent. This is sickening that he got manslaughter and only 15 years.

Imon128: Ditto ... I agree totally ...!!!

Originally posted by Seeker
Here is the entire thing.
As far as I'm concerned Joel Steinberg is a horrible monster who should never see the light of day again. He beat and tortured Hedda & Lisa for years.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/family/lisa_steinberg/1.html
“Police!” Officer Daluise yelled, “Open up!” There was another pause. The door opened very slowly and a woman’s face peeked through the slim opening. It was dark inside. Daluise could barely make out details, but her face appeared bruised, mangled, swollen. He thought it was an older woman. She said nothing at first but when asked if she called the police, she said, “Yes.” As the cops and EMS workers entered the apartment and before they could react to anything else, a man came out of another darkened room. He was carrying a naked child in his arms by the armpits. The child was a little girl, unconscious, bruised and blue. The man said that she had just eaten something and vomited. He told the police he didn’t know what happened to her except that she passed out. Then he said that she had been vomiting since the night before. Cops saw additional bruising and welts on the little girl’s back. She was filthy. Her feet were coal-black and it appeared she hadn’t been bathed in a long, long time.

In the back of the room, cops saw the dim figure of a baby. When they investigated further, they saw that the infant was lying on the floor and tied to a playpen with a length of rope around his waist. His clothes were soaked with urine and his body was covered with dirt

Trust Me - it was My pleasure and Thank you for sharing the info here.........want to see the article that Amy Fisher penned regarding Darnay and Joel?! Even she can understand that they are just taking up space on Planet Earth.

RR

Originally posted by RiverRat
Trust Me - it was My pleasure and Thank you for sharing the info here.........want to see the article that Amy Fisher penned regarding Darnay and Joel?! Even she can understand that they are just taking up space on Planet Earth.

RR
Reply from Lannie,
Yes please give us the link .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member