1086 users online (187 members and 899 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27

    Did Raven know Janet was pregnant?

    How do we know if Raven knew about Janet being pregnant? Didn't it come as a surprise to everyone?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by radar
    How do we know if Raven knew about Janet being pregnant? Didn't it come as a surprise to everyone?
    The only reason I suspect that Raven did in fact know that Janet was pregnant is that it not standard for the ME to perform a pregnancy test. So, unless RAVEN gave them some reason to suspect that she was pregnant ... no one would have ever known that she was.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by radar
    How do we know if Raven knew about Janet being pregnant? Didn't it come as a surprise to everyone?
    It came across as a surprise to us sleuthers here. But was raven surprised? Was his family? We don't know.

    I'm going on the fact that GM mentioned above and also the statistic about the number one cause of death of pregnant women is murder and the way raven handled himself at the courthouse. If he had just found out that week that his wife was carrying his child when she was murdered, he certainly didn't seem that broken up about it.
    Justice For Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    1,209
    BTW Radar, welcome to WS and the forum. Glad to have your input here.
    Justice For Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

  5. #5
    Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    America's Dairyland, WI
    Posts
    643
    I don't know if it would be routine to check a woman's uterus during an autopsy, but the uterus does change color once a woman becomes pregnant (due to increased blood flow). But like I said, I wouldn't think that is routine to check. I agree with GM that there was probably an existing reason for the medical examiner to test Janet.
    2 Nephi 30:17 "There is nothing which is seceret save it shall be revealed; there is no work of darkness save it shall be made manifest in the light; and there is nothing which is sealed upon the earth save it shall be loosed."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    90
    Maybe they were checking to make sure she wasn't raped before being killed? And that is how they came across the fact that she was pregnant? They said there was HCG present (at least I think I read that someone posted that here at WS) in her blood...are you sure they don't test a woman of childbearing age's blood for pregnancy along with the other standard tests? (whatever they are)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmthur
    Maybe they were checking to make sure she wasn't raped before being killed? And that is how they came across the fact that she was pregnant? They said there was HCG present (at least I think I read that someone posted that here at WS) in her blood...are you sure they don't test a woman of childbearing age's blood for pregnancy along with the other standard tests? (whatever they are)
    We need a ME to post here what is standard and what isn't. Anyone know of one?
    Justice For Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202

    Somewhat graphic ...

    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Raven Says . . . (some good links in this old post)

    From what we know:

    1) Janet's uterus was noted as "unremarkable".

    2) The endometrium was thickened.

    3) Raven mentioned her being in her normal "bad cramps" position.

    According to the information I've found, by week 4 of pregnancy, you are just missing your menstrual period. By week 6 of pregnancy, a doctor can notice a change in the size of the uterus. If Janet's endometrium was thickened, then she was very near, at, or past her due date for her period for that month. So my guess is that she was at least four weeks pregnant but not yet six since her uterus was not noted as being enlarged.

    What I find interesting is this:

    WebMD with AOL Health - Pregnancy Week by Week - First Month

    Week 4

    You're probably expecting your period this week, and if it doesn't occur it might be one of the first signs that you're pregnant. (My note: Many sexually active women take a home pregnancy test the day after missing their period.)

    WebMD with AOL Health - Pregnancy Week by Week - Second Month

    Week 5

    Still no big changes to notice in yourself, although you might suspect by now that you're pregnant.

    Raven's claim that she was in her normal position for when she experienced bad cramps sounds to me like Raven at least knew that it was time for Janet to be having her period. Can we assume that he knew that she was pregnant? Not at all. BUT - he mentioned "bad cramps" as if he knew that she was due for her period, the lining of her uterus was indeed thickened, she was probably at the stage of pregnancy when most women usually take a home pregnancy test, and she mysteriously ended up dead. How odd that Raven mentioned cramps and that he found Janet on her knees - what are the chances that a murderer went into that home, killed Janet, and she somehow just happened to end up on her knees in the exact same position that she normally took for menstrual cramps so close to the very time that she actually should have been having her period - leading Raven to believe that she was alive & suffering cramps when she was actually dead & pregnant? If he had "found" her on her knees like that two weeks earlier or two weeks later, surely he would have found it odd since she wasn't due for her period at those times. (And keep in mind that the position in which Raven claims to have found Janet was: 1) only seen by him, and 2) a very unusual position for a deceased person.) It all just seems a little too convenient to me - mentioning cramps when she was pregnant; mentioning shooting when she was stabbed, mentioning that she was "upstairs hurt" when she was dead, etc.

    IMO, Raven said these things to separate himself from knowledge of the crime. And his mention of cramps leads me to believe that he was trying to separate himself from the motive.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    The only reason I suspect that Raven did in fact know that Janet was pregnant is that it not standard for the ME to perform a pregnancy test. So, unless RAVEN gave them some reason to suspect that she was pregnant ... no one would have ever known that she was.
    Didn't Raven say that Janet was doubled over with cramps? Why would the ME do a pregnancy test unless it is routine? Don't they just do some kind of a blood test to find out?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by radar
    How do we know if Raven knew about Janet being pregnant? Didn't it come as a surprise to everyone?
    It did come as a suprise to family members. However, when a woman is in her fourth or fifth week of pregnancy, it is not uncommon for family to be unaware. Many people wait until the first trimester is over to share the news since most miscarriages happen in the first trimester. A miscarriage is very traumatic, and that trauma is magnified if you also have to go around telling everyone else that you lost your baby. So many people choose to wait.

    Also, if a baby is conceived in a less than desirable situation, many people don't share that news right away until some decisions are made. If finances are awful or two people are fighting over whether or not they're in a position to have another child, they won't typically run all over town with the news because it is a source of stress and conflict.

    So whether or not it came as a shock to family members doesn't really matter. Janet was most likely at the stage of pregnancy during which she would have discovered that pregnancy. And even if she chose not to share that information with other family members, surely she would have informed Raven. ETA: Even if Janet and Raven were excited about this pregnancy, given her past tubal pregnancy, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they had chosen to wait to tell people.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by radar
    Didn't Raven say that Janet was doubled over with cramps?
    And it's a good thing for the person that wanted Janet dead that she happened to end up in her "bad cramps position" at the very time that she was due for her period. If the murderer had struck at any other time or if Janet had landed in any other position, then Raven might have noticed something was wrong, and had time to call 911 before she died.

    I don't mean anything negative towards you, radar. Your point is certainly valid. I just want to illustrate the amazing coincidences that exist if Raven is not the perpetrator.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by radar
    Didn't Raven say that Janet was doubled over with cramps? Why would the ME do a pregnancy test unless it is routine?
    It could be that Raven mentioning cramps sent up a red flag for investigators. I'm sure they've seen their share of perps that use certain language to try to separate themselves from the crime.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27
    I think you posters put too much emphasis on Raven knowing when his wife's period is due. Come on, this guy is into sports, cars, etc. I am sure that is one of the last things on his mind.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    491
    Radar, he was a "normal" guy wasn't he ? Then he'd have sex on the mind, too !!They were a young married couple !

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Radar, he was a "normal" guy wasn't he ? Then he'd have sex on the mind, too !!They were a young married couple !
    Sex on the mind sure, but didn't he also have affairs? Like I said he had a lot of things on his mind and his wife's period would be one of the last.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Raven's comments regarding Janet . . .
    By golfmom in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 09:36 AM
  2. Has Raven publicly denied involvement in Janet's Murder?
    By terminatrixator in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 07:33 PM
  3. Change name of Forum to Janet Marie Christiansen - Married to Raven Abaroa
    By terminatrixator in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 03:25 PM
  4. Ironically, we discussed Janet being pregnant
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 03:47 PM

Tags for this Thread