1127 users online (216 members and 911 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

WA - Kaliene Kopp Knight, 21, Everett, 2 November 2015

Kaliene "Kopp" Knight

Police search for missing woman from Everett
    "Navy wife missing from Everett

A 21-year-old Everett woman has not been seen since Monday and her husband in the Navy is flying back to the area to help search for her.

Kaliene Knight, whose maiden name is Kopp, was last seen at her Everett apartment by her roommates. Everett police told KIRO 7 they received a missing person report but have very little information.

One of her roommates, Isabella Camacho-Hinojoza, said she talked with Knight regularly every day. She said Knight may have been feeling a bit down but she was excited for her husband to return soon from being stationed in San Diego."

http://m.kirotv.com/news/news/police...everett/npHMP/
    Last edited by los2188; 11-06-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Knight had quit her job at a bikini barista stand on Sunday. The roommates had given Knight about $400 in rent money Monday, and they discussed Knight going to Costco that evening to pick up supplies for the apartment. “By the time we had returned later on that evening – about 9 o’clock – she had not returned.”

That evening, Knight had spoken with her husband by phone. Her sister, Jackie Bray, said he could tell she sounded a bit sad. She said he called her back shortly after their first conversation, and she told him she was at the Evergreen Cemetery. “Sort of gave off the vibe that she wanted to be left alone, which I think he was respectful of. But nobody’s heard from her since,” Bray said.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/poli...everett/npHMP/

Oh no. Wonder if a place like a bikini barista stand gets stalkers?

Is it common for wives of deployed Navy spouses to live in an apartment with roommates while the spouse is gone? This part confuses me. It sounds like her disappearance is connected to her husbands planned return.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ninij9 View Post
    Is it common for wives of deployed Navy spouses to live in an apartment with roommates while the spouse is gone? This part confuses me. It sounds like her disappearance is connected to her husbands planned return.

It was also kind of odd that the roommate noted that "she spoke to her everyday". ??

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Knight had quit her job at a bikini barista stand on Sunday. The roommates had given Knight about $400 in rent money Monday, and they discussed Knight going to Costco that evening to pick up supplies for the apartment. “By the time we had returned later on that evening – about 9 o’clock – she had not returned.”

That evening, Knight had spoken with her husband by phone. Her sister, Jackie Bray, said he could tell she sounded a bit sad. She said he called her back shortly after their first conversation, and she told him she was at the Evergreen Cemetery. “Sort of gave off the vibe that she wanted to be left alone, which I think he was respectful of. But nobody’s heard from her since,” Bray said.

I wonder the circumstances between quitting her job Sunday. I just caught that part. Did she plan to quit, like 2 wks notice or did something happen on Sunday and she abruptly quit? Did she have another job lined up ?

As a teen, Knight would sometimes disappear but would always be in touch within a day or so. Knight has not answered her phone but it seemed to be on for about 30 hours before calls started going to voicemail. Knight frequently posted on Facebook but activity stopped after Monday.

The article mentioned she was visiting a cemetery during one of her husband's calls and she sounded sad to him. I wonder if it is the anniversary of the death of someone very close to her that has caused her to become despondent?
    “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice,
    but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”― Elie Wiesel

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

Speaking to the roommates - I am a military spouse and many spouses who are left at home while their partner is stationed elsewhere, or deployed, end up living together to cut down on costs or share responsibilities. Some just don't get used to being alone. Maybe they were saving for a house, or intentionally not settling down due to future relocation. Not strange - but the way the interactions were described does strike me as strange.

Quote Originally Posted by SMartian View Post
    The article mentioned she was visiting a cemetery during one of her husband's calls and she sounded sad to him. I wonder if it is the anniversary of the death of someone very close to her that has caused her to become despondent?
    Knight used to go to that cemetery with a group of friends for fun when she was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by homefront View Post
    Speaking to the roommates - I am a military spouse and many spouses who are left at home while their partner is stationed elsewhere, or deployed, end up living together to cut down on costs or share responsibilities. Some just don't get used to being alone. Maybe they were saving for a house, or intentionally not settling down due to future relocation. Not strange - but the way the interactions were described does strike me as strange.
    Agreed I don't find the living situation weird, especially if he is early in his career. My friend and I were actually roommates early in her husband's career during basic training and the beginning of his orders at his first location.

She last posted on FB at about 10:30 pm Monday night. Her FB post from Nov 1st @1:27 am is troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by homefront View Post
    That is what I was wondering. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt_Tulip View Post
    She last posted on FB at about 10:30 pm Monday night. Her FB post from Nov 1st @1:27 am is troublesome.
    What does the post say? Im not on FB so im unable to check.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast