bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of Wesley Hadsell's arrest
Thanks to SBHack

2015 Arrest Warrant

Father of missing college student Anjelica Hadsell arrested
By Crimesider StaffCBS/AP March 23, 2015, 3:28 PM

NORFOLK, Va. -- The father of a missing Longwood University student has been arrested, but police have not indicated whether the charges are related to the search for his daughter, reports the Virginian-Pilot.

Wesley Hadsell, whose daughter Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell has been missing since March 2, had his first court appearance Monday. He is charged with obstructing justice, burglary and possession of ammunition by a felon.
Virginia Dad Wesley Hadsell Arrested In Break-In While Investigating Teen's Disappearance
The Huffington Post | By Andres Jauregui
Posted: 03/23/2015 9:26 am EDT Updated: 03/23/2015 2:59 pm EDT

Norfolk police arrested the father of a missing Virginia teen on Saturday after he broke into a home and punched a dog.
Wesley Hadsell, 36, said he was looking for clues in the disappearance of his 18-year-old daughter, Anjelica, who went missing March 2. He's convinced Anjelica was kidnapped, and broke into the home of the person he believes took his daughter against her will, police said.

[...]
He said he spent about 18 minutes inside the house, and punched the family dog out of anger.
Hadsell said he found his daughter's jacket in the house, "rolled up behind [a couch] cushion." Police wouldn't comment on that, but said that they haven't ruled out foul play in the case of the missing teen.

Stepfather of missing college student appears in court
By Gary A. Harki
The Virginian-Pilot © March 24, 2015

NORFOLK
Wesley Hadsell, stepfather of missing Longwood University student Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, appeared in General District court Monday on charges of obstructing justice, breaking and entering and possession of ammunition by a felon.

He is being held without bond. His next court appearance is April 29.
Father of missing teen denied bond in court on unrelated charges
Staff, 13News Now 5:46 p.m. EDT April 10, 2015

Wesley Hadsell, father of missing teen AJ Hadsell, faces obstruction of justice and ammunition possession charges.

[...]
Hadsell is facing six felony charges. 4 obstruction of justice, one breaking and entering and one possessing ammunition as a felon

The Defense asked for bond arguing that this has been a very difficult time for Hadsell and his family with AJ missing. The defense further added that Hadsell just wanted to be home so he could help search for AJ.

Hadsell was arrested last Saturday, the same day police, friends and relatives searched for Anjelica Hadsell in Chesapeake. Norfolk police say their search was based off a tip
Bond denied for missing teen’s dad
Mom tries to bring focus back to search for daughter

By Joe Fisher Published: March 23, 2015, 7:33 pm Updated: April 3, 2015, 12:24 pm

[...]
Hadsell said he broke in to do his own detective work and spent roughly 18 minutes inside the home. That’s where he says he found his daughter’s Longwood University club softball jacket with her name stitched on the front. He also said he did not honestly share that information with police.

“We see forensics vans out doing things, we don’t get calls, we don’t get notified,” Hadsell said. “So why should I share it with the police department, something they in turn won’t share with me? It’s our daughter not their daughter … I can say with 100 percent confidence. I told them last night I don’t know where she is, what happened to her, or what did not happen to her.”

I honestly don't know what to make of ANY of this. If we look back (and I've been doing that), it was WH who was utterly adamant that the local witnesses saw what they saw on Monday afternoon, the very same day JH claims to have seen her at 7:30 before she left for work and took the girls to school.

If we conclude that the last credible sighting of AJ was Monday at 7:30, as stated on the MPR, then listen to the latest news article again, we discover WH in his work truck driving right past the house AJ was eventually found deceased at, "around the same time" and then moments later driving right into the driveway.

But then... AJ wasn't even reported missing until the TUESDAY evening.

None of it adds up. None of it makes sense. I'm left with believing there's a ton of information that hasn't been released publicly. Maybe even info that was never disclosed to the LE or media in the very beginning. I don't even know anymore.

I wonder if the Chuck E Cheese trip on March 1 2015 was a family affair or just WH and baby girl? He was def around then as there is printed date on the lil picture you can have made at CEC. It and another was also uploaded to WH facebook on March 1. He also uploaded what appears to be at a bowling alley on Feb 28th.

Also, I still can not understand why they waited until 915 to make a police report... even ZH said he didnt start looking until 9 pm with his daughters in the park behind the house. If your concerned enough to offer $ reward at 615pm and close friends tweet it out why not notify LEO THEN why wait 3 hours? Also to add missing items some being ammo, on a missing person report yet no red flags there for LEO? (With WH criminal history he has numbers that would show if they ran his name).

And they made posters stating with writing ON the actual photo saying. Wonder when those were made? Prior or after contacting NPD?
Bring AJ home safe and sound. She has been missing since this morning from the Norfolk area. We're all worried about you AJ

It wasn't uploaded to WH face book until late March 4th.
jmo

I wonder if the Chuck E Cheese trip on March 1 2015 was a family affair or just WH and baby girl? He was def around then as there is printed date on the lil picture you can have made at CEC. It and another was also uploaded to WH facebook on March 1. He also uploaded what appears to be at a bowling alley on Feb 28th.

Also, I still can not understand why they waited until 915 to make a police report... even ZH said he didnt start looking until 9 pm with his daughters in the park behind the house. If your concerned enough to offer $ reward at 615pm and close friends tweet it out why not notify LEO THEN why wait 3 hours? Also to add missing items some being ammo, on a missing person report yet no red flags there for LEO? (With WH criminal history he has numbers that would show if they ran his name).

And they made posters stating with writing ON the actual photo saying. Wonder when those were made? Prior or after contacting NPD?

jmo

I'm not sure either. I just don't understand why a mother would wait all that time to report their child missing if in their heart they werent sure if it was them texting. I ask myself this, but if she left a note, and if there were a reason she needed space then I can understand. I can see maybe JH was a very busy working mom that just thought her grown responsible daughter was out with friends blowing off steam until she realized it wasnt like her best friends not hearing from her. I'm sure her mom has a hard time with dealng with the fact that she didnt call the cops sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmo

I will assume his trip to Chuck E Cheese with the smally was likely NOT a family affair, since JH kicked him out weeks prior. Those two photos were uploaded between 1:30 and 2pm on Sunday, March 1st. That in and of itself means nothing, really, except that about 18 hours later (if we're going to assume the "last seen day/time" is the 7:30am Monday time) his work van was tracking down Smiths Ferry Rd. and his and AJ's phone GPS showed they were together.

jmo

As a local who helped search, there was a lot of talk that they could not report her missing until 24 hours passed.

By posters, are you asking about the original flier that had the phone numbers for WH and JH but not NPD?
If so, the community began helping to print and distribute those fliers on the Wed morning after the MP was filed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically they did it to get a head start on looking for her and getting the word out there before they thought they could officially report her missing to LE it sounds like to me.

As a local who helped search, there was a lot of talk that they could not report her missing until 24 hours passed.

Which would have been roughly 7:30am Tuesday, March 3rd (the 24 hour mark, that is). Yet no report was filed until 9:15 that night. Not victim-bashing or anything like that, I just want to understand why the delay. Especially after getting the weird texts very early that morning. If that were my kid, and she didn't come home all night and then I got those weird texts, there is NO WAY I'd be waiting until that night. Next call I'd make would have been to 911. No two ways about it. (I know we've all discussed this a thousand times, but without any real answers, it remains frustrating).

I'd really really love to know where AJ's friends and family say WH was on that Tuesday, March 3rd. Was he there with them, in town, or was he off to "work" ?? If he was there on the morning of the 3rd, that rules out it being that day his work van was at the house in Franklin according to the GPS.

Which would have been roughly 7:30am Tuesday, March 3rd. Yet no report was filed until 9:15 that night. Not victim-bashing or anything like that, I just want to understand why the delay. Especially after getting the weird texts very early that morning. If that were my kid, and she didn't come home all night and then I got those weird texts, there is NO WAY I'd be waiting until that night. Next call I'd make would have been to 911. No two ways about it. (I know we've all discussed this a thousand times, but without any real answers, it remains frustrating).

Jumping off your thoughts, anyone who has followed WH various interviews about the B&E may have noticed that the family actually had close LE connections. There is no 24 hour (or 36 hour) wait period, and it would have only taken a quick message to this family friend to verify that.

[video=twitter;662687088865902592]https://twitter.com/JoeFisherTV/status/662687088865902592[/video]

JUST IN: Wesley Hadsell pleads guilty to weapons charge. Sentencing ranges from no jail time to life in prison.

Wesley Hadsell to be sentenced in March in federal court for having ammunition as a felon @WTKR3

[video=twitter;662690981586862080]https://twitter.com/MarissaJasek/status/662690981586862080[/video]

[video=twitter;662687088865902592]https://twitter.com/JoeFisherTV/status/662687088865902592[/video]

JUST IN: Wesley Hadsell pleads guilty to weapons charge. Sentencing ranges from no jail time to life in prison.

So if that's the sentencing guidelines, I wonder if the prosecution will be suggesting a lighter sentence in exchange for him pleading guilty since they made a plea deal OR are they dropping other charges for the plea deal? I guess we will find out.

Will he remain in jail until sentenced?

Jumping off your thoughts, anyone who has followed WH various interviews about the B&E may have noticed that the family actually had close LE connections. There is no 24 hour (or 36 hour) wait period, and it would have only taken a quick message to this family friend to verify that.

The thing is, they wouldn't even need to have an LE connection in the family (and the many comments on the Bring AJ Home FB page made it clear that they did - but who knows if those comments are still there since tons of stuff was deleted and edited over the last 8 months). All it would take is 1 call to the local PD "hi, I think my daughter is missing, I'm worried, what should I do?". And they (the PD would have informed her of exactly how it works.

Granted, in a frantic or high-anxiety situation lots of people I'm sure don't even think of the most obvious thing to do, so maybe that's why it was 36 hours after she was last seen that a report was even filed?

Will he remain in jail until sentenced?

I'm hoping now that this is out of the way and he's just waiting for sentencing, they'll serve the heroin possession warrant on him and proceed with that one. I do suspect he'll remain in custody until sentencing and whatever that sentence is, will be with "minus time served".

I'm hoping now that this is out of the way and he's just waiting for sentencing, they'll serve the heroin possession warrant on him and proceed with that one. I do suspect he'll remain in custody until sentencing and whatever that sentence is, will be with "minus time served".

Unless that charge is going to get dropped due to the plea deal. I think they might be possibly dropping that second charge which was the one with the bullets found in his room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back