1351 users online (234 members and 1117 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Police have formally identified a body found on the northern Gold Coast on Thursday as missing 12-year-old schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer.

Tiahleigh, from Logan City, had not been seen since leaving her Marsden school last Friday.

Her remains were found on the banks of the Pimpama River, about 40 metres north of the bridge near Kerkin Road North, by fishermen just after 5:00pm on Thursday.
    Body Found at Pimpama River identified as missing schoolgirl Tiahleiah Palmer - ABC News
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Stephen Hawking

It really makes me sad that Tiahleigh's missing person case was only reported on MSM on Thursday evening, after being missing for a week prior (as per the news article). I suppose there are "reasons" why, but right now I'm not seeing those reasons as being good ones. She was only a little girl, we should have been hearing about her every day.

If she was murdered, which is terrible to think about, I hope the person responsible is found quickly.

It was reported on local crime watch pages and shared from day 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnybree View Post
    It really makes me sad that Tiahleigh's missing person case was only reported on MSM on Thursday evening, after being missing for a week prior (as per the news article). I suppose there are "reasons" why, but right now I'm not seeing those reasons as being good ones. She was only a little girl, we should have been hearing about her every day.

If she was murdered, which is terrible to think about, I hope the person responsible is found quickly.

Tiahleigh Palmer.jpg

At an afternoon press conference on Friday, Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson said the girl died about a week ago and decomposition had made identification difficult.
    Who the he## could do this to a child? this makes me sick..
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-0...olgirl/6920910

So so sad. May her killer be found and brought to justice ASAP.

She was found about 35ks from her school, quite a distance for a 12 yo to travel alone, so it seems she may have been abducted.

Quote Originally Posted by Karo View Post
    It was reported on local crime watch pages and shared from day 1
    My apologies, Karo.

No, really, it wasn't on main stream media, I wasn't disputing that, no need to apologise.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnybree View Post
    My apologies, Karo.

Tiahleigh

Quote Originally Posted by Karo View Post
    No, really, it wasn't on main stream media, I wasn't disputing that, no need to apologise.
    There seems to be a lot of talk on social media suggesting that this was an abduction. I will be very surprised if this was a random abduction. I think it's far more likely she was killed by someone she knew.

A big thing was made a few months ago by Qld Police regarding the introduction of Amber Alerts for missing kids. I live at Gold Coast - about 30km from where she was found and never heard anything about Tiahleigh being missing. It is usually on the local news.

12.6 Amber alerts
    Definitions
    For the purposes of this section:
    Amber alert
    means a process that involves the urgent broadcast of relevant information through the media and other
    means to the public to facilitate the search for, location and the safe recovery of an abducted child or high
    risk missing child.
    Abducted child
    means a person under the age of eighteen years who:
    (a) is reasonably suspected of having been abducted or taken away by a person; and
    (b) there appears to be an imminent risk of death or serious harm to them.
    It is irrelevant whether the person taking the child has lawful custody of the child, or whether the person
    has obtained the consent of a parent/guardian to take the child.
    High risk missing child
    means a person under the age of eighteen years who:
    (a) is missing in concerning or suspicious circumstances; and
    (b) there appears to be an imminent risk of death or serious harm to them.
    Rationale for an amber alert
    An amber alert is intended for time critical situations. While it can be a very important tool in helping to locate a child, it
    is not always appropriate in every circumstance. The inappropriate use of amber alerts could undermine the credibility,
    integrity and effectiveness of the system.
    When considering the activation of an amber alert the circumstances and risk factors of each case should be appraised
    on its’ own merits.
    POLICY
    For an alert to be issued there should be:
    (i) sufficient descriptive information available to make an amber alert effective; and
    (ii) reasonable grounds for believing an amber alert will assist in the location and safe recovery of the child.
    See ‘Amber alert guidelines’ on the Communications Group web page on the Service Intranet for further details

https://www.police.qld.gov.au/corpor.../Chapter12.pdf
    It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law.
    Thomas Hobbes

l

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...edium=Facebook

Police are treating the school girl’s death as a suspected homicide and will speak to the media about the case on Saturday afternoon.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney

Opinions are my own and are not to be copied, repeated or used outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

"People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney

Opinions are my own and are not to be copied, repeated or used outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Wow, the reporters were really questioning this child's background and family situation. Not that they were successful in getting any dirt, but what are they implying? It sounds like they know quite a bit already.

She was found unclothed and her bag missing

MOO!!

Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast