1257 users online (201 members and 1056 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 109
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,959
    OMG! This is beyond words if true.
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,107
    Kudos for the prompt arrest and charges in this case.

    R.I.P Jeremy. Again, I am so sorry.
    Justice for Trayvon

  3. #18
    Elisaa444's Avatar
    Elisaa444 is offline "Respect is for those who deserve it, not for those that demand it."
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    290
    I have no words. When a horrific tragedy such as this occurs it makes me question pretty much any and everything....

    My heart is extremely heavy for Jeremy and his father. RIP Jeremy.
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."



  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    151
    There is not much to be happy about in this case but there are a few things that have happened that I am pleased about.

    The 2nd degree murder charges.....It might not be too surprising to see 1st degree attempted murder filed against one of the suspects depending on what is found out during this investigation.

    The higher bail...........although I would like to have seen no bail because I feel these guys would be a flight risk.

    The leak that Few appeared to have his hands in the air when they opened fire.........This should help put a stop to any groups trying to raise money to help these guys post bail or possibly make a bail bondsman want more of a % secured before he posts for them.

    The gag order......we know enough at this point to see that the criminal charges are clearly justified.Wait until the trial to release any further evidence so the defense doesn't get to study public opinion on whatever their motives were to pull the trigger and adjust accordingly.I blame all the evidence being disclosed to the public and the defense getting to see what the general public wasn't going to accept as the main reason Casey Anthony got away with murder.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,185
    What kills me is this has been on here since Saturday and only 23 people have commented on it.

    Who does this if they know there is cameras watching? If there is no warrant, victim had no gun, then these 2 need to hang. I'm usually on the cops side, but not for cold blooded murder.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northwestern United States
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    What kills me is this has been on here since Saturday and only 23 people have commented on it.

    Who does this if they know there is cameras watching? If there is no warrant, victim had no gun, then these 2 need to hang. I'm usually on the cops side, but not for cold blooded murder.
    How many views has it had though?
    There seems to be an assumption that more posts = more caring? Perhaps people have less to say because they're appalled and waiting incredulously for some information that will make it make more sense.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    How many views has it had though?
    There seems to be an assumption that more posts = more caring? Perhaps people have less to say because they're appalled and waiting incredulously for some information that will make it make more sense.
    ITA with you. There are no words for something this appalling and tragic. Thanks for putting it so eloquently. I saw the clip on ABC Nightly News last night and was just aghast as was my DH.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,080
    In a separate case, an Avoyelles Parish civil court jury in October 2014 found that Stafford had lied in a criminal proceeding and filed a false police report about the arrest of a man who’d complained about the officer not letting him pass through a crowded area to carry his ailing dog to receive medical care in 2012. Avoyelles Parish resident Patrick Jeansonne was arrested after Stafford heard over the police radio that someone called in a complaint about him, according to one of the man’s court filings.

    The case is now on appeal in the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, said Jeansonne’s attorney Aaron Broussard.

    At least five other pending civil suits name Stafford as a defendant, and two of those included Greenhouse as another defendant.



    http://theadvocate.com/news/13927384...al-past-issues

    post 1
    It's my opinion if no link provided.


    Misspellings due to fat fingers

    Words matter.

    You don't know what you don't know.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,080
    The suits include a 2012 lawsuit that alleges Stafford used a stun gun unprovoked and without warning while questioning a man. Another suit claims that Stafford used a stun gun on a handcuffed woman in the back of a police car while another accuses him of breaking a 15-year-old girl’s arm while wrestling her off a school bus.

    Megan Dixon, Few’s fiancée, said this weekend that Few had a previous run-in with Greenhouse. A former high school classmate of Dixon, Greenhouse had started messaging her on Facebook and had come by the house Few and Dixon were sharing at the time.

    “I told Chris and Chris confronted him about it and told him, ‘Next time you come to my house I’m going to hurt you,’ ” Dixon said.

    Efforts to reach an attorney for Greenhouse were unsuccessful.


    post 2
    http://theadvocate.com/news/13927384...al-past-issues
    It's my opinion if no link provided.


    Misspellings due to fat fingers

    Words matter.

    You don't know what you don't know.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,080
    Sounds like another police station that needs to be cleaned out. jmo idk
    It's my opinion if no link provided.


    Misspellings due to fat fingers

    Words matter.

    You don't know what you don't know.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    What kills me is this has been on here since Saturday and only 23 people have commented on it.

    Who does this if they know there is cameras watching? If there is no warrant, victim had no gun, then these 2 need to hang. I'm usually on the cops side, but not for cold blooded murder.
    I am from Louisiana and have friends in Marksville area and Rapides Parish. I won't go into detail but the general consensus in that area is that it is a good thing those two are in jail.

    I am just absolutely sick about all of this. Little Jeremy should not have been killed as he was. He deserved to be a happy, healthy child. This sweet little boy viewed the world through a special lens having been diagnosed with Autism, and that made him special.

    I have noticed that policing has changed so much since my late husband had retired from LE, and from the 10 years I spent in it. Some of the officers are so young and feel in Swat mode all of the time. Some are too gung-ho. Most officers are good ones, but as in all professions some are really rotten. Apparently these two are among the rotten.

    MOO
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Sounds like another police station that needs to be cleaned out. jmo idk
    I agree, Elley Mae.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aiken, SC/Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw385 View Post
    At this time no warrant has been found..........DA issued a statement that there was no warrant he was aware of against Fey.
    Also there seem to be some questions about the fleeing part........the suspects description of events and what actually happened by positioning of the cars and evidence from the scene are not matching up.

    Oh my, this is so tragic and sad. My condolences to Jeremy's family and loved ones. I pray his father has a swift and complete recovery.
    I also extend prayers to these two officers and their families. Everyone has a heavy heart.

    Godspeed sweet cutie Jeremy I am so sorry this happened to you, fly high and guard over your family little man.

    Thanks for this info Chainsaw385.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    How many views has it had though?
    There seems to be an assumption that more posts = more caring? Perhaps people have less to say because they're appalled and waiting incredulously for some information that will make it make more sense.
    Yes. What can you say to something like this? Very few cases where words fail me, but this is one of them.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt


    In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    433
    Marking my spot... Hoping these two stay in jail for a very, very long day. Praying for dad's recovery.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 165
    Last Post: 09-19-2017, 11:19 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-06-2017, 12:32 PM
  3. GUILTY MI - Elijah Walker, 3, fatally shot, Detroit, 3 Aug 2015
    By BetteDavisEyes in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-24-2016, 09:22 PM
  4. NE - Det. Kerrie Orozco, 29, fatally shot, Omaha, 20 May 2015
    By CCmakes3 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 05:01 PM

Tags for this Thread